Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 11:16 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Are any of those a valid reason to kill another human life?

False stats, again. Please stop. Guttmacher: 930,000 abortions. And the number of abortions has been increasing since 2017.
First of all those are example of how there is, was and always will be those people who are not responsible, defeating the myth that 100% of the people can be 100% able to prevent 100% of pregnancies.

Guttmacher is not the only statistic. As I said I used an average where you are intentionally using the highest number you could fine. Guttmachers methods for calculating annual abortions include their own estimations for clinics that dont report as well as questionairs instead of actual data.

As anyone can plainly see there has been a 44% decrease in abortions since 1990, as I have said. Yes there has been an uptick since 2017. There was an 8% increase from 2017 to 2020. This is included in the 44% decrease since 1990.

Old 08-03-2022, 11:27 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,238,175 times
Some of the most eye-opening things that I have read on C-D are the myriads of stories on the Pregnancy forum told by people who had pregnancies after tubal ligations, vasectomies, and even both.

For the 170,000 pregnancies reported to be due to birth control failure, it seems only rational that abortion should be available. It should not have to require a hysterectomy, total abstinence or a five-year wait after menopause for a couple to be able to enjoy connubial bliss without the constant worry of BC failure. For women whose doctors have advised them against pregnancy, a BC failure could mean a high risk of adverse events up to and including death.

Women do die in childbirth. My grandmother did.

Old 08-03-2022, 11:32 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Please tell me you’ve never had a regular medication where you got to the end of your 30 or 90-day prescription and had one or two pills left? I would imagine that for the vast majority of the population, this has happened at least once. The idea that all of us are out there deliberately forgetting to take a medication is ridiculous. Yet with birth control, forgetting to take it one day (or with progesterone pills- even a few hours late) can result in a pregnancy.
Just add forgetting to take a pill an hour late or other inconsistent uses of birth control to the long list of things that women are supposed to be "perfect" about.

And when they're not, then they are Jezebels, pathetic, heinous, irresponsible, or any other misogynistic term.

Quote:
No one gets a house or car repossessed by failing to make a payment exactly on the day it is due. Most even offer some sort of grace period. I don’t think these are comparable AT ALL.
Not comparable, not relevant, nonsensical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
As anyone can plainly see there has been a 44% decrease in abortions since 1990, as I have said. Yes there has been an uptick since 2017. There was an 8% increase from 2017 to 2020. This is included in the 44% decrease since 1990.
And why is that, exactly? Could it be ... improved birth control? Better access to birth control? Hmmm ...

Old 08-03-2022, 11:35 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
First of all those are example of how there is, was and always will be those people who are not responsible, defeating the myth that 100% of the people can be 100% able to prevent 100% of pregnancies.
And 100% of people will not be able to avoid driving drunk and killing others. But the ones who do so go to prison. They have to live with the consequences of their own actions. Having unprotected sex should be no different.

Old 08-03-2022, 11:39 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
Some of the most eye-opening things that I have read on C-D are the myriads of stories on the Pregnancy forum told by people who had pregnancies after tubal ligations, vasectomies, and even both.

For the 170,000 pregnancies reported to be due to birth control failure, it seems only rational that abortion should be available. It should not have to require a hysterectomy, total abstinence or a five-year wait after menopause for a couple to be able to enjoy connubial bliss without the constant worry of BC failure. For women whose doctors have advised them against pregnancy, a BC failure could mean a high risk of adverse events up to and including death.

Most women do not die in childbirth in this day and age. Your grandmother? If a doctor determines that the woman's life is in danger then by all means she should be allowed to abort. And an "oops" is not a viable excuse with a healthy female.

Old 08-03-2022, 11:47 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:

Why aren't those women getting sterilized?

Even so, 2/3 of women with unintended pregnancies keep their babies, so now we're down to 57,800. 57,800 plus the 15,810 that are due to physical threat to mother's or baby's health, rape, or incest is 73,610 abortions that likely are justifiable. What about the other 856,390 abortions? 92% of all abortions are completely unnecessary and nearly all could have been avoided if only women who don't want to get pregnant USE BIRTH CONTROL.

How does killing that many each year just for the sake of convenience even pass a code of ethics in a supposedly "civilized" society?

Old 08-03-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I think that’s the point i.e. their own best interest is for them to decide - not you. Hence it’s bizarre anyone would stick with someone who threatens them over ovulation or one she perceives as ‘pawing and crying’ over sex, as previously mentioned in her post. It’s a matter of taking care of one’s psychological health as well.

That said, it is still (legally) possible for a woman to have an abortion in this country i.e. it’s not ‘killing’.
Its not really bizarre at all if one has any information on history, human behavior, psychology, or current events. Most people are aware of domestic violence, coercion, co-dependence, manipulation, etc. Pawing and crying over sex is such common knowledge that the stereotype has been portrayed in literature and media since forever.

Old 08-03-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So you don't think that when one screws up they shouldn't take responsibility for their actions whether it be because they smoked, ate fatty foods which caused health issues, drove drunk got into an accident, engaged in unprotected sex? Taking responsibility is about not doing those things in the first place. If one doesn't do that then they need to accept their fate when undesired things happen to them.
I think just what I said: that there is, was, and always will be a percentage of the population that do not have any sense of responsibility. There will always be those who through genetics or fate of growing up in particular circumstances will fall into poverty, criminality, addiction, bad health through their irresponsible actions.

Why are you trying to put words in my mouth.

Old 08-03-2022, 12:31 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,238,175 times
Quote:
Why aren't those women getting sterilized?

Even so, 2/3 of women with unintended pregnancies keep their babies, so now we're down to 57,800. 57,800 plus the 15,810 that are due to physical threat to mother's or baby's health, rape, or incest is 73,610 abortions that likely are justifiable. What about the other 856,390 abortions? 92% of all abortions are completely unnecessary and nearly all could have been avoided if only women who don't want to get pregnant USE BIRTH CONTROL.

How does killing that many each year just for the sake of convenience even pass a code of ethics in a supposedly "civilized" society?
I don't see how you missed this because I led with it:

Quote:

So even if people are responsible and get sterilized (so they were told), yet still experience an unwanted pregnancy, you would deny them the right to choose what happens next? Or would those people be allowed to have a justifiable abortion?

Old 08-03-2022, 12:32 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Why are women choosing to have unprotected sex with men who won't participate in raising any consequent child?
I don't see how it's any your business to worry about how other men and women have sex, unless you somehow want to make it your business. I know to make it my personal business if a woman I'm wanting to have sex with says she's not on birth control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies