Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 11:47 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
all the while fertility rates decrease I hate word math.
Unbelievable people choose to ignore this.

Its like saying "Women need to be more responsible with their birth control because the fertility rate, birth rate, actual number of live births and number of abortions have all been steadily decreasing for the last 30 years".

what is wrong with that sentence.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:47 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You honestly do not know what non viable means?
I asked YOU because I had a feeling YOU'D miss the point. And I was correct. See below.

Quote:
What is fetal viability?
In biological terms, viability is the ability to survive successfully. A fetus is considered viable if it has reached a stage of development where it is able to live outside of its mother’s womb.
Patients in comas ring a bell slick? It's the same thing. You going to automatically pull the plug on them too?

Quote:
I cant believe I have to provide definitions to adults.
I can believe you put fake drama into this.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:49 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Unbelievable people choose to ignore this.
OK... another poster who doesn't understand math. Fertility rates measure actual births. The number of abortions has been increasing, by 8% in 3 years, even Guttmacher admits that. More abortions = fewer births.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I stole this from poster Sonic_Spork (from another woman blaming thread). I hope she wont mind as it is so spot on in describing some posters attitudes.Quote:
.......men are not to blame for the things that they do, and women are to blame for all things done TO us.
It's not about a made up quote that has no meaning.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:52 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I asked YOU because I had a feeling YOU'D miss the point. And I was correct.

Patients in comas ring a bell slick? It's the same thing. You going to automatically pull the plug on them too?
Same thing with people who need dialysis to stay alive. I asked them if it would be OK to kill them too because they're non-viable without life support. None of them will answer me.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
How many of you think women who get abortions should also get their tubes tied? Why abort one child, and then have another?
There is a time for everything.
Some people want to bring children into the world when they have the means; financial, emotional, physical and the maturity to give their children/family the best opportunity for success.

A 20 year old unmarried college student with no income living in the dorms is not in a good place to become a parent. Six years later after she is married and financially stable would increase the successful future of both her and a child by 100%.

Someone suffering or trying to overcome addiction or psychological problems is not in a place to become a parent. Later when they have gotten their life in order parenting is something they have confidence in.

There are many reasons why ones life at a particular point in time is not conducive to pregnancy or parenting and at another point in time it is.

Do you think if a person gets a divorce they should not be allowed to marry again? If a man abandons his child should he get a vasectomy. What about if he doesn't pay his child support?
Do you think couples who use IVF should have to implant and bring to term every egg that was fertilized? Why have one and abort 9?

Old 08-04-2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
There is a time for everything.
Some people want to bring children into the world when they have the means; financial, emotional, physical and the maturity to give their children/family the best opportunity for success.

A 20 year old unmarried college student with no income living in the dorms is not in a good place to become a parent. Six years later after she is married and financially stable would increase the successful future of both her and a child by 100%.

Someone suffering or trying to overcome addiction or psychological problems is not in a place to become a parent. Later when they have gotten their life in order parenting is something they have confidence in.

There are many reasons why ones life at a particular point in time is not conducive to pregnancy or parenting and at another point in time it is.

Do you think if a person gets a divorce they should not be allowed to marry again? If a man abandons his child should he get a vasectomy. What about if he doesn't pay his child support?
Do you think couples who use IVF should have to implant and bring to term every egg that was fertilized? Why have one and abort 9?
You inadvertently made a point. The emotional well being of the birth mother isn't taken into account nearly enough.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:19 PM

18,389 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I asked YOU because I had a feeling YOU'D miss the point. And I was correct. See below.

I can believe you put fake drama into this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Same thing with people who need dialysis to stay alive. I asked them if it would be OK to kill them too because they're non-viable without life support. None of them will answer me.
Anyone can care for a patient in a coma or other situations that one needs assistance to take care of that person. Not so with pregnancy. That job is on the individual woman that’s pregnant

The question has been answered many times over.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
By your logic, murder is perfectly fine because it's no one else's business when someone kills another for no reason other than just that they want to. Do you realize how depraved you sound?

Abortion that exceeds legal limits is murder. Period. Your mindset seems to be agreeing with things like...it's OK to kill kids up to age 10 but anything after that is murder. Do you see how ludicrous that is?
I have no idea what your talking about.
Murder? Please try to stay on topic.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:30 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Informed Consent I am going to ask you a question. IUD's do not prevent ovulation at all, and therefore fertilization. They prevent implantation in the uterus. Life begins at conception? So would IUD's be considered an abortion too?

Are IUD's killing babies too? When does a pregnancy start? Science consider pregnancy to start at implantation. That is when pregnancy hormones will begin, not at "conception". A conception test does not exist.

There are many Pro-Birth people who would ban IUD's for killing babies. Abortifacients is the term used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies