Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2022, 02:53 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Great! Then they'll have an honest opportunity to 'put their money where their mouths are'. Let's see how many of the them actually DO leave for greener pastures then instead of just yakking about it every time 'their' guy loses and election. You know.... since all the evil conservatives won't be around to blame things on.
The only people I see introducing - over and over again - the idea of taking their toys and leaving are conservatives.

Old 07-02-2022, 02:54 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,259,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Therein lies the problem. The left is like a gangrenous leg that refuses to let itself be amputated.
Yes, we refuse to let you kick us out of our country.
You don't like it, leave.
Or work on changing it.
Just don't tell everyone else where they should move to make you happy.
Its all sick ideation on your part.

You are not the boss of me.

Old 07-02-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
in theory it sounds good, but where would liberals retire to?
We'd just have to create our own cheap-because-they're-nobody's-first-choice locales.

Don't you worry, all the conservatives will be moving out of those to go to New Freedomville, so we can just have our retirees move into those empty spaces.

Old 07-02-2022, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
We'd just have to create our own cheap-because-they're-nobody's-first-choice locales.

Don't you worry, all the conservatives will be moving out of those to go to New Freedomville, so we can just have our retirees move into those empty spaces.
That would work.

Old 07-02-2022, 02:57 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,843 times
Quote:
Hi neighbor! I know what state you're talking about...and yes...besides that, we have always given more in fed money than we have EVER gotten back. We give to those Welfare red states. For now.

People like to rag on CA but we have money, tech and agriculture which we supply to a huge portion of the U.S.

For now.

I would LOVE to lose some dead weight.

I envision OR, WA, and HI would go along with CA which would make the west coast self-sufficient. They would own all of the ports and could impose large tariffs on goods shipping from Asia.

Military bases through the state and large navy in San Diego give them instant military infrastructure.

I think the west coast block of states would do very well if they were on their own.

Last edited by vegasrollingstone; 07-02-2022 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 07-02-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Or work on changing it.

Exactly, LOL.

"We're warriors! We're leaving! We can do it, too! We'll be so much better off without you!"
"Okay, so then go."
"No, YOU go!"

Old 07-02-2022, 03:00 PM

25,776 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Or work on changing it.

And everything you just said does not apply in reverse, does it? Yet another example of leftist hypocrisy. In fact, your first two sentences make the hypocrisy clear.

If you don't like our crap, you can leave. But if we don't like your crap, we refuse to leave.

So goes the Leftist Logic™.

Ultimately, I would gladly let you kick me out of my country as long as there were someplace for me to go and you could not follow.

Quote:
That would work.
Yes it would. Y'all just open up the "new homestead act" land. I don't care if it's out on the North Dakota prairie or Alaskan tundra. As long as liberal/progressive authoritarian collectivist types are forbidden to enter, we're golden. And you can't get your claws into our earnings, either. That has to be part of the deal.

Old 07-02-2022, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Exactly, LOL.

"We're warriors! We're leaving! We can do it, too! We'll be so much better off without you!"
"Okay, so then go."
"No, YOU go!"

In a nutshell.
Good job.

Old 07-02-2022, 03:01 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And everything you just said does not apply in reverse, does it? Yet another example of leftist hypocrisy. In fact, your first two sentences make the hypocrisy clear.

If you don't like our crap, you can leave. But if we don't like your crap, we refuse to leave.

So goes the Leftist Logic™.
I prefer to be on the side with firearms.

Old 07-02-2022, 03:01 PM

4,858 posts, read 3,289,283 times
Quote:
The only people I see introducing - over and over again - the idea of taking their toys and leaving are conservatives.
Name one of the Hollywood celebrities that threaten to leave over and over again that isn't a card carrying liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies