Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 11:20 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times

Advertisements

If your aren't cynical you're an ignorant, uninformed voter. Sad but true. And once you realize that it's tough talking to people about politics because you're going to be amazed at how dumb your friends and family seem all of a sudden. It's why I quit social media tbh, I want to like my friends and family!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2022, 12:00 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
On City Data I was called something of a leach by some Republican posters, because I qualified for and took free school lunch and breakfast.

I'd have a hard time supporting a party that has a large contingent that doesn't even support free school lunch for the poor.
Large contingent? Sorry, but I call shennanigans on you leveraging some anonymous internet posters as representative of a greater group like that.

There are certainly some real wackos around here but pretending they're even remotely mainstream is silly.

P.S. I googled around and the only Republican opposition (and even that was limited) to anything to do with school lunch that I found was those opposed to extending the free lunch program for EVERYONE, those needing it would still get it.

Old 07-13-2022, 02:34 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The entire Democrat Party is just smoke and mirrors. There real intent is to take down the USA and implement a new Global World Order.

They rely completely on division, hate, triggering emotions, brainwashing young minds full of mush, creating fictious crisis to attain power for implementation, everything they accuse someone of they in fact are doing.

Yes indeed!!!!! I find it odd that the Democrats spend so much time polarizing so much time and effort on racism, sexism, elitism etc. when America is probably one of the most fair and civil countries on the planet just loaded with opportunity. Don't believe me? Do some international traveling and see for yourself. Go overseas and compare/contrast to our country and you'll soon discover it ain't too bad here in the States.

The MSM just creates this paper tiger and doesn't exist nearly to the extent that they say it does. Look around, how many of your friends and family are hard core racists? I don't of any!

This does create hatred when it shouldn't! Most people are good honest folks that are fairly similar. So why not placate the commonness instead of our differences? Hey the Republicans can be guilty of this as well, but not nearly to the same extend as the Democrats.

Old 07-13-2022, 02:54 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Jimmy Dore is a YouTuber/Podcaster/Comedian that is on the left politically, but calls out both sides a lot. I had a friend that is on the left introduce me to him, being a stay at home mom, I have a lot of time to listen to things like this while tending to the babies or getting stuff done.

In 2020 I was super ecstatic to vote and even started a thread on CityData with how excited I was. It was my first election and it was exciting and I was going to make a change by voting for Biden. I was raised as a Democrat.

Anyways....Jimmy Dore points out that the Democratic National Committee has donated 30 million dollars to extreme MAGA republicans, thinking that it makes the Republicans look bad and will help Democrats in the general election to run against an extreme candidate.

This seems so awful and such a bad idea for the Democrats to push extreme Republicans forward. Hillary's campaign helped elevate Trump in 2016, thinking that they could beat him easier. How did that work out? The Democrats donated so much money to an extreme Republican in Pennsylvania that he won his Republican primary and spent less money than the Democrats gave him. Democrats would also run PAC ads focusing on the positives of extreme Republicans in their primaries.

All the Democrats are doing by doing this is dividing the country further.

Then...Pelosi of all people, knowing that Democrats are funding extreme Republican candidates tells Republicans that it is their responsibility to clean up their party. Well, Pelosi, that is hypocritical when you are making it worse in their party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lCzwDXrGZ4

Then you see Democrats saying that they stand for democracy and elections, while simultaneously doing everything they can and flip flopping on specific issues to keep green party candidates off of the ballot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn1nQCEr5JU

I was told that Trump caused all of the problems. Take away the pandemic year and everything, everything is worse than it was in 2019.

It is all just so slimy. Filth and corruption. I am sure Republicans do these dirty tricks too.

How is a young voter like me not supposed to go from excited about being able to vote to cynical?

You are young and naive.
Nothing can fix that but time and experience (if you apply yourself).
And then, maybe... MAYBE you will finally awaken.
And realize that we're ALL being screwed.
And there is more darkness in this world and in "high places" than you could ever imagine.
It's what this world IS.
It is a hell of a lot of darkness/deceit/corruption.
The ones who hold the power keep us all divided and fighting each other.
They never tire of causing more division, more strange and bizarre ways of pulling us all apart. Because divided we are WEAK and their power remains.
Politicians are mere puppets.

Good luck, Quaker Baker.
There is good in the world, but all too often, people mistake evil for good and good for evil.
Question EVERYTHING and everyone. From your doctor to your preacher to your teacher. (Learn to discern.)

Peace.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:12 PM

2,330 posts, read 961,757 times
I watch and agree with Dore most of the time.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:19 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,254,619 times
You're not supposed to not be cynical about politics. That would be naive.

The mature perspective is that politicians are lying scumbags, and that government is the problem for this reason.

In law there is a doctrine, "fruit of the poisonous tree". Can good things come from bad people?

Old 07-13-2022, 06:35 PM
Status: "Do not pass GO, do not collect $300 (used to be $200)" (set 10 days ago)

600 posts, read 274,235 times
Quote:
On City Data I was called something of a leach by some Republican posters, because I qualified for and took free school lunch and breakfast. After my mom did, my dad became an alcoholic and couldn't hold a job down. Our finances were horrible and he had big expenses. We lived below the poverty line for a time. In high school, I worked a job to help pay bills including clothing for me and my little brother and food for at home and to help pay the electric bill. I am not smart, but my grades did go down a bit working a lot, at least I believe.

To get called a leach or a drain on society for being a minor getting free school lunch when we were struggling really hurts. I believe that supporting a strong social safety net is a "pro-life" position.

I'd have a hard time supporting a party that has a large contingent that doesn't even support free school lunch for the poor.

I pay it back. I do a lot of charity and community service. I am married to a man with a large income and he pays his taxes. And some posters still had a problem with me taking free school lunch in high school.

Do you see my point?
Eh... can't say that I do. I didn't have any quarrels with what you said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies