Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 12:13 PM

29,500 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i found one, sorta - in newsweak, of all places. they must be under new management:

AOC's Fake Handcuffs Reveal Politicians Have Become Influencers—and Nothing More
Thanks for posting. It's spot on. This is exactly what we don't need in our government. Influencers that do whatever they can, even if it is blatantly lying, to appease their "followers". It's almost cult like.

Omar is another one that tried to pull this off as well.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/19/aoc-fa...rotest-arrest/

These people are just sickening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2022, 12:18 PM

6,995 posts, read 2,709,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Drama queen. Another resume entry for her next job as a reality tv star.
I'm waiting for "Sandy from West Chester" to get some tattoos now to show her "street cred" with the homies. She went to the Supreme Court intent on getting "arrested". She wore that winter coat with long sleeves so that she could hide her wrists that would prove she wasn't really detained. I wonder how much she paid the cop to march her around pretending????

Old 07-20-2022, 12:32 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
AOC arrested outside Supreme Court RvW protest, pretends to be in handcuffs

No, no... it was real... she said so...

AOC insists she wasn't faking being handcuffed

"No faking here," Ocasio-Cortez said in a tweet Wednesday. "Putting your hands behind your back is a best practice while detained, handcuffed or not, to avoid escalating charges like resisting arrest. But given how you lied about a fellow rape survivor for 'points,' as you put it to me, I don’t expect much else from you."

The Democrat was responding to a tweet from Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC), who was accusing Ocasio-Cortez of faking it. Both have identified themselves as sexual assault survivors.

"Politics has become performative art. So of course [Ocasio-Cortez] fakes being in handcuffs. Performance, not policy, is the name of the game up here," Mace said in a tweet.

Just so everyone is aware... the handcuffs were real. She was not pretending.

Old 07-20-2022, 12:38 PM

6,670 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
"No faking here," Ocasio-Cortez said in a tweet Wednesday. "Putting your hands behind your back is a best practice while detained, handcuffed or not, to avoid escalating charges like resisting arrest.:
what a croc.

Let's see her get up there and advise that to anyone who got detained and resisted.

Second of all,..hiding your hands while not cuffed is probably unwise too.

Old 07-20-2022, 12:47 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:

"No faking here," Ocasio-Cortez said in a tweet Wednesday. "Putting your hands behind your back is a best practice while detained, handcuffed or not, to avoid escalating charges like resisting arrest. But given how you lied about a fellow rape survivor for 'points,' as you put it to me, I don’t expect much else from you."

The Democrat was responding to a tweet from Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC), who was accusing Ocasio-Cortez of faking it. Both have identified themselves as sexual assault survivors.

"Politics has become performative art. So of course [Ocasio-Cortez] fakes being in handcuffs. Performance, not policy, is the name of the game up here," Mace said in a tweet.

"No faking here"

good lord. what an utter embarrassment.

Old 07-20-2022, 01:02 PM

29,500 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:

The scary thing is the leftists, and her followers will believe it. Or come up with some pretzel logic stating that the handcuffs were symbolic and in her truth, were real.

Old 07-20-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
"No faking here"

good lord. what an utter embarrassment.
I want to see the mug shot when she was booked.

Old 07-20-2022, 02:10 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,207,524 times
When did this happen?

Isn't there a freaking heat wave going on and all those people in coats?

Old 07-20-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
When did this happen?

Isn't there a freaking heat wave going on and all those people in coats?
That was part of their pre-meditated plan to hide their wrists when pretending to be handcuffed. This was a "Jussie Smollet" event.

Old 07-20-2022, 04:10 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
This article gives more names of the Reps. They are from all across the country.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...test-rcna38956

I suppose none of you have ever heard of Carolyn Maloney, 12th NY Congressional District. She has been in politics a very long time, and has been a champion of women's rights since AOC was still in diapers. I remember her well from living in NY.

Article said they were ticketed and released. No MALE D's protested, or their names weren't released? Hmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies