Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 01:51 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,425,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fickser View Post
That is BS. Trump is not a white supremacist.

Old 07-21-2022, 01:53 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Have you ever stopped to think what exactly MAGA means? Return to America's greatness of when?

It is about resentment concerning other groups coming to the fore and demanding their part of the American dream -- this MAGA stuff is pure resentment. Resentment against feminism, resentment against minorities, resentment against diversity. That's why many consider it an attempt to return to 'Leave it to Beaver' status in America, which it never was.
It has nothing to do with anyone ELSE except becoming exceptional as a person. An American.

sorry that you don't know this.

Be Bold

MAGA

Old 07-21-2022, 01:53 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I think you’re overthinking this. I liked President Trump but not really because of the reasons you mention.

His pro-America message and hope for the future resonated with me. More specifically, the idea to bring manufacturing back to America, get illegal immigration under control, and create an economy that will provide opportunity — not “equity” — to everyone.

Meanwhile, Democrats tend to harp on the negative things that happened in our history, are overtly racist, and are generally ashamed of our country. It’s definitely a contrast. I’m not one of those who think our country needs to be fundamentally transformed and I resent how they tend to try to divide us all by race and gender.

And to the poster whose life is allegedly “better” with Joe Biden in office — LOL.
Exactly why I voted for him , twice. That being said, he was a blowhard, that was just horrible at public speaking, and just had a way for getting under peoples skin. He message was solid, his delivery was horrible.
If he had more of the personality Don Jr. has, I willing to bet he'd still be POTUS.
He was a political outsider, that was like a bull in a China shop and he gave the media and other politicians so much ammo to tear him apart.

Old 07-21-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I think you’re overthinking this. I liked President Trump but not really because of the reasons you mention.

His pro-America message and hope for the future resonated with me. More specifically, the idea to bring manufacturing back to America, get illegal immigration under control, and create an economy that will provide opportunity — not “equity” — to everyone.

Meanwhile, Democrats tend to harp on the negative things that happened in our history, are overtly racist, and are generally ashamed of our country. It’s definitely a contrast. I’m not one of those who think our country needs to be fundamentally transformed and I resent how they tend to try to divide us all by race and gender.

And to the poster whose life is allegedly “better” with Joe Biden in office — LOL.
Yes, Trump also stood for nationalist pride, which Democrats despise. At least if they are in the Marxist branc of the Democratic party.

Old 07-21-2022, 01:54 PM

13,471 posts, read 4,301,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
His personality is tough. Physical strength doesn't matter for our species.
Exactly. FDR was a weak old man in a wheelchair and Truman was a small old man and both beat Germany and Japan.

Trump is tough that he will fight. His 3 picks for the S.C. he fought for them. When Kavanaugh was getting attacked from all sides and it was easy for Trump to fold like a Miami condo, he stuck with his guns and even called Kavanaugh during the storm and reassured him that he is his guy and he won't accept his resignation to tough it out.

Reminds me of Barnes in the movie Platoon: "Take the pain, take the pain"! That's Trump that will fight for his people.

Old 07-21-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
While he might not have helped you directly. It seems like him pushing to decriminalize homosexuality was an attempt at something. Not sure how far he got with it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...uality-n973081

It also seems like Trump providing free HIV preventative medication for those that are uninsured might have helped the LGBTQ community.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/trump-...ry?id=67498264

He also appointed Patrick Bumatay, a gay man, as a judge in the important to 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals? While it wasn't helping everyone's rights, it was an accomplishment for this particular gay individual.

I'm not saying he was pro LGBTQ, but it didn't seem like he was anti LGBTQ. I think he was more focused on economic issues, not social ones.
Trump is an old fashioned liberal, from a time when liberals still loved their country.

Quote:
Yes, Trump also stood for nationalist pride, which Democrats despise. At least if they are in the Marxist branc of the Democratic party.
Exactly, the globalists hate that.

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So what defines a "real" man ?
Kindness. Empathy for others. Respect for others. Adult behavior. Lots more but you get the drift.

Old 07-21-2022, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Trump is an old fashioned liberal, from a time when liberals still loved their country.
Fair enough. I've always leaned center left, and would be considered a RINO.

Old 07-21-2022, 01:56 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times
Quote:
His personality is tough. Physical strength doesn't matter for our species.
But it isn't. He can't stand even a hint of criticism and he falls apart and responds literally by calling names, like a child. That is definitely NOT tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies