Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these bad presidents do you think was the worst?
James Buchanan 25 26.32%
William Henry Harrison 3 3.16%
Andrew Johnson 20 21.05%
Franklin Pierce 6 6.32%
Donald Trump 41 43.16%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2022, 11:03 AM

17,402 posts, read 16,553,894 times

Advertisements

Yeah, no one is voting in it. Just the 3 Biden supporters and the one who dislikes James Buchanon.

Old 07-23-2022, 11:07 AM

456 posts, read 307,749 times
The OP made a mistake. Andrew Johnson was a Democrat from Tennessee. He supported slavery, fought reconstruction, he was not a member of the new Republican Party of Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln chose him to try to placate the slaveholding democrats in the south.

With the exception of President Trump, the others were before there was a Republican party, so it nullifies their wished for results except to highlight President Trump.

He could have added Andrew Jackson, you know, the first democrat? the guy that forced the Cherokee on the Trail of Tears? Who decimated the Red Sticks and burned their villages killing men, women and children, and was a strong supporter of slavery and was a slaveholder to boot.

Old 07-23-2022, 11:10 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,795,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB71 View Post
Where's Brandon on this poll??
We’re supposed to ignore actual things that hurt us like the double of our energy and food expenses and unmitigated illegal immigration and vote for Trump as the worst because he was combative in nature.

Old 07-23-2022, 11:21 AM

1,354 posts, read 475,128 times
Of course Buchanan is going to rank at the bottom because of his complicity in not smothering the fuse that was burning away at the wick towards open civil war. Some benefit of the doubt because of his concerns over the constitutionality of heavy-handed enforcement actions isn't unwarranted but clearly he's just known as a do-nothing who fomented tensions between the north and south.

Not sure if I'd consider Harrison a bad president given that he only served for a month before dying of pneumonia. About the worst thing you can hold him accountable for is his choice in running mates since John Tyler tried to circumvent Congress in policy making and had much of his cabinet resign early on. You're talking by-proxy incrimination though.

Johnson was constantly at odds with the Republican dominated Congress and sought to undermine the affording of civil liberties to blacks though to be honest enfranchisement wasn't necessarily a done deal in some of its details for blacks at the time even amongst certain Republican circles. I would put him lower on the list too though I'm not sure about being the worst.

Franklin Pierce exacerbated the tensions between slave states and abolitionists with the Kansas-Nebraska Act that lead to hostilities in the midwestern territories over slavery. Pierce failed in his efforts to purchase Cuba from Spain though in retrospect it's not something we should have been doing in the first place. The man was a heavy drinker throughout his life. Definitely down there in the bottom few.

Is public popularity really the only metric being used to put Trump on this list? Under his administration we had record growth, domestic energy production was at an all time high, no major wars started for the first time in decades, prison reform, considerable upwards mobility for minority groups, peace deals were being brokered in the Middle East and Russia was kept at bay without any major invasions on their part. About the worst thing I would hold against him is listening to some of these people in pushing for the lockdowns and shilling for the 'vaccine' via Operation Warp Speed. I think some of the reasons why Trump is considered so bad is because of his boorish personality, adversarial demeanour towards much of the political establishment, and narcissism which he puts on full display. Obama seems to get away with his narcissism because he's able to dress it up with the veneer of a slick polished statesman.

Where's Warren G Harding and Herbert Hoover? While many consider Hoover's disastrous administration to be largely the product of bad timing despite his convictions of the free market correcting itself being sound for its time, Harding's administration was notorious for selective biased candidates to federal positions and numerous scandals like Teapot Dome. No doubt Biden will rank amongst them too barring any miraculous turnarounds.

Old 07-23-2022, 11:22 AM

17,402 posts, read 16,553,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
We’re supposed to ignore actual things that hurt us like the double of our energy and food expenses and unmitigated illegal immigration and vote for Trump as the worst because he was combative in nature.
Yep. The country was thriving under Trump but Trump was a rude Tweeter.

Old 07-23-2022, 11:23 AM

10,489 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Woodrow Wilson, followed by Biden. Trump was one of the best and his policies are the very reason why the USA is able to stay so strong during Biden's tenure.

Old 07-23-2022, 12:03 PM

13,282 posts, read 7,326,738 times
Even Trump loses here on POC

Old 07-23-2022, 12:08 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Barack Hussein Obama, Carter, Biden are the worst in a three way tie.

Old 07-23-2022, 12:10 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post

The poll was designed to get people to vote for Trump as the worst president. As most people do not know too much about the others in order to form an opinion. Obama or Brandon would have been my choice for worst US president. Liberals are not fooling anyone as to what their game is. I didn't even bother voting in this obviously biased poll. I'd suggest that others do not as well.
^^^^This

I ran out of rep so I owe you one. Yep. Talk about a rigged and biased poll.

Old 07-23-2022, 12:11 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Joe Biden is the worst President of all time. Finally he wins a title fairly and squarely.
^^^^I 100% agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies