Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you regret being vaccinated?
No, I was vaccinated and do not regret it. 174 55.59%
Yes, I was vaccinated and have some regret. 46 14.70%
N/A, pure blood, never vaccinated. 93 29.71%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2022, 10:50 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times

Advertisements

Almost all the people I knew who died, passed away before the vaccine was available. I knew one who was vaccinated who died. For me, this was a no-brainer. I had absolutely no reaction to all four shots I received. In fact, no one in my family had a bad reaction. I'll be first in line when the new vaccine comes out in the fall.

Old 07-27-2022, 10:53 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
There were no vaccines when I was born.I remember getting a polio vax in the early 50's me and my brother walked to the Docs house to get it. All the other childhood sickness's we just got and developed natural immunity thats the truth.
Not even for diphtheria and pertussis?

Old 07-27-2022, 11:06 AM

1,281 posts, read 1,420,751 times
I haven't read the whole thread but I will, as I am truly curious as to why anyone would actually regret getting the vaccine. I'm acquainted with all the vaccine-denier rhetoric, and I understand taking a cautious approach to new protocols or those for children. I was truly skeptical when the vaccine came out so quickly in 2020.

But after a few months I happily got the shot when I became eligible because the public health benefits were so undeniable. When a pandemic rages the correct and proper approach is always to vaccinate the public as soon as possible. Why should this be any different? And it's crystal clear now that untold millions of lives have been saved. I'm happily vaxxed and boosted and will follow future guidelines.

(I lost one friend and one family member to Covid before the vaccine was available. Since the vaccines have been widely used I have not had any personal knowledge of anyone who even got ill enough to be hospitalized. Anecdotal to be sure, but plenty to inform my own approach.)

Old 07-27-2022, 11:10 AM

6,227 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Seems like public opinion is everchanging on the topic and probably will as more time goes on.
Gee I wonder if Biden and Fauci who was fully vaccinated and boosted and still got Covid is wondering the same question?

Old 07-27-2022, 11:11 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,577,840 times
I'm sorry - I'm still scratching my head over the person who said you are MORE likely to get Covid if you are vaccinated. LOL. Wow, just wow.

"Pure blood"? Welcome to Hogwarts. Slytherin is looking for you.

Old 07-27-2022, 11:25 AM

4,666 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
I haven't read the whole thread but I will, as I am truly curious as to why anyone would actually regret getting the vaccine. I'm acquainted with all the vaccine-denier rhetoric, and I understand taking a cautious approach to new protocols or those for children. I was truly skeptical when the vaccine came out so quickly in 2020.

But after a few months I happily got the shot when I became eligible because the public health benefits were so undeniable. When a pandemic rages the correct and proper approach is always to vaccinate the public as soon as possible. Why should this be any different? And it's crystal clear now that untold millions of lives have been saved. I'm happily vaxxed and boosted and will follow future guidelines.

(I lost one friend and one family member to Covid before the vaccine was available. Since the vaccines have been widely used I have not had any personal knowledge of anyone who even got ill enough to be hospitalized. Anecdotal to be sure, but plenty to inform my own approach.)
We're working with different sets of facts, apparently.

All-cause deaths are up since the mass vaccination campaign. Actually way up, considering that they should be way down given the burst of very old and otherwise susceptible people that died from the first wave of Covid.

This is despite a mix of Covid variants that is undeniably more mild (it ain't the vaccine that gets credit for that). I haven't heard even secondhand of anyone going to the hospital for Covid in almost a year. Despite the fact that I can't go a week anymore without someone telling me they have Covid (virtually all of them vaccinated).

Hospitalizations peaked at a higher level in the winter in the U.S. and Canada after mass vaccination than in the winter before, when virtually no one was vaccinated. So much for "saving the hospitals."

I don't see the public health benefits as "undeniable," I see them as very deniable. I'd argue they're nonexistent, and when you factor in the rancorous, poisonous, flagrantly un-American sparring over who is and isn't vaccinated and whether they should be denied access in certain situations, I'd argue the vaccines are actually a net negative.

Old 07-27-2022, 11:28 AM

4,666 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
CD skews hard right so not surprised at all. More intelligent is highly questionable. Pure Blood is laughable.
"Muh hard right" -- how pathetic. C-D skews AMERICAN.

AMERICANS of all political stripes have different views on these shots, and if you don't want to hear those views, fine, but please don't slur people.

Old 07-27-2022, 12:07 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Never got the fake doctor fauci wuflu experimental gene therapy inoculations and I never will.

Old 07-27-2022, 12:10 PM

43,116 posts, read 18,281,341 times
I got 1 shot of J&J in March 2021 and I'm still alive

Old 07-27-2022, 12:16 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,577,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Never got the fake doctor fauci wuflu experimental gene therapy inoculations and I never will.
I didn't know Fauci himself developed the vaccine. I learn so many new things every day on these forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies