Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2022, 02:21 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,458,246 times

Advertisements

This is a topic that is considered highly 'taboo,' so it is hardly ever discussed. However, I'm thinking that this issue is growing so large that it will soon become impossible to ignore. I'm referencing the "new normal" of perpetual loneliness/sexlessness/lack of intimacy among the men of today, especially young men under the age of 30.

The modern world with its abundance of cold technology breeds atomization, which breeds isolation, which breeds a lack of sex, societal interaction, and intimacy among the masses, particularly among young men. Things were already very bad prior to 2020, but the pandemic seems to have accelerated this process greatly. Covid plunged millions of men into desperate loneliness and sexlessness, leading to record levels of what the kids these days call "simping," as well as the explosion of virtual masturbation and virtual intimacy sites such as OnlyScams and others.

I'm seeing increasing evidence that loneliness and sexlessness is becoming the "new normal" for men, and this new generation of young men have it the worst. It's not just fat, repulsive neckbeards who are ending up alone, unsexed, and unloved. Many of these guys are well adjusted, fit, decent looking, financially stable, etc yet can't get so much as a hug or a kiss on the cheek (without paying a hooker, that is). I'm seeing study after study, survey after survey, showing that people are increasingly isolated, sexless, and without a partner.

I'm seeing an increasing number of guys online complaining about not having been on a date for several years, or swiping right on these dating apps and ending up with absolutely nothing, etc. I went to a nightclub with some colleagues for the first time since the Great Lockdown a few weeks ago, and it's astounding just how bad things have gotten in that short amount of time. None of the females seemed to care whatsoever about any of the males there. The guys were little more than barely visible props to them. What the hell is going on?

In many ways, Japan seems to be "ahead of the curve." They started massive "QE" and debt monetization two decades before the US and the EU did. And they're also leading the way in sexlessness and loneliness. The US is basically becoming Japan in many respects. The social phenomenon discussed in this post is already happening in full force over there.

In the near-term future, I see virtual reality being the closest thing many, if not the majority, of young men have to intimacy with a female. "Simping" will only grow more aggressive, the parasite known as OnlyScams will grow ever larger to suck the monetary lifeblood out of these desperate males. Men will be paying through the nose for any semblance of intimacy with a woman, no matter how virtual and illusory. Utterly dystopic.

I want to end this post by asking: what will be the mid to long-term consequences of all this? I cannot say in any detail, but I believe we are heading for an extremely destabilized future. Isolated men with no access to sex, affection, or intimacy, become apathetic, nihilistic, disruptive.... and destructive.

Last edited by Taggerung; 04-30-2022 at 02:38 PM..

Old 04-30-2022, 02:35 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
I want to end this post by asking: what will be the mid to long-term consequences of all this? I cannot say in any detail, but I believe we are heading for an extremely destabilized future. Isolated men with no access to sex, affection, or intimacy, become apathetic, nihilistic, disruptive.... and destructive.
It seems like it is happening to everyone. Women have accepted they are not going to get a loving relationship because all men want is sex and then do not want to get married.

I think there has to be a reckoning. The relationship model we have doesn't work right anymore and we need to come up with something new.

For 500 + years women couldn't work and needed to be cared for. So men were bribed to marry them. They got a woman to have their children and a person to have sex with, but, they had to care for their wives for life and there was no divorce.

Once women could work and once divorce was around, things went belly up. Women simply don't have the desire for sex like men do and they aren't going to put up with it because they no longer get a big reward for it.

I agree we are on a dangerous path.

Old 04-30-2022, 02:36 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
No.

Old 04-30-2022, 02:41 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,458,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
It seems like it is happening to everyone. Women have accepted they are not going to get a loving relationship because all men want is sex and then do not want to get married.

I think there has to be a reckoning. The relationship model we have doesn't work right anymore and we need to come up with something new.

For 500 + years women couldn't work and needed to be cared for. So men were bribed to marry them. They got a woman to have their children and a person to have sex with, but, they had to care for their wives for life and there was no divorce.

Once women could work and once divorce was around, things went belly up. Women simply don't have the desire for sex like men do and they aren't going to put up with it because they no longer get a big reward for it.

I agree we are on a dangerous path.
Yeah, I've hypothesized the same thing. Problem is, we can't just force women at gunpoint back into the kitchen. So what do we do?

Old 04-30-2022, 02:43 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
I think men would get more action if they stopped wearing suits that were too small and sporting long, disgusting beards. I wouldn't mate with that.

Old 04-30-2022, 02:53 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
This is a topic that is considered highly 'taboo,' so it is hardly ever discussed. However, I'm thinking that this issue is growing so large that it will soon become impossible to ignore. I'm referencing the "new normal" of perpetual loneliness/sexlessness/lack of intimacy among the men of today, especially young men under the age of 30.

The modern world with its abundance of cold technology breeds atomization, which breeds isolation, which breeds a lack of sex, societal interaction, and intimacy among the masses, particularly among young men. Things were already very bad prior to 2020, but the pandemic seems to have accelerated this process greatly. Covid plunged millions of men into desperate loneliness and sexlessness, leading to record levels of what the kids these days call "simping," as well as the explosion of virtual masturbation and virtual intimacy sites such as OnlyScams and others.

I'm seeing increasing evidence that loneliness and sexlessness is becoming the "new normal" for men, and this new generation of young men have it the worst. It's not just fat, repulsive neckbeards who are ending up alone, unsexed, and unloved. Many of these guys are well adjusted, fit, decent looking, financially stable, etc yet can't get so much as a hug or a kiss on the cheek (without paying a hooker, that is). I'm seeing study after study, survey after survey, showing that people are increasingly isolated, sexless, and without a partner.

I'm seeing an increasing number of guys online complaining about not having been on a date for several years, or swiping right on these dating apps and ending up with absolutely nothing, etc. I went to a nightclub with some colleagues for the first time since the Great Lockdown a few weeks ago, and it's astounding just how bad things have gotten in that short amount of time. None of the females seemed to care whatsoever about any of the males there. The guys were little more than barely visible props to them. What the hell is going on?

In many ways, Japan seems to be "ahead of the curve." They started massive "QE" and debt monetization two decades before the US and the EU did. And they're also leading the way in sexlessness and loneliness. The US is basically becoming Japan in many respects. The social phenomenon discussed in this post is already happening in full force over there.

In the near-term future, I see virtual reality being the closest thing many, if not the majority, of young men have to intimacy with a female. "Simping" will only grow more aggressive, the parasite known as OnlyScams will grow ever larger to suck the monetary lifeblood out of these desperate males. Men will be paying through the nose for any semblance of intimacy with a woman, no matter how virtual and illusory. Utterly dystopic.

Youngsters have lost the art of conversation. You cannot meet young women if you are sitting in front of a computer playing video games.

There are tons of single women looking for a hard working, intelligent guy with a good sense of humor and calm disposition.

My two sons are well educated, athletic, and have good senses of humor. They have never had a problem meeting girls (one to be married in a month).

My daughter, an ortho surgical resident, says many guys encountered outside healthcare are not interesting people and often lack a sense of humor.

Old 04-30-2022, 02:56 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
It doesn't help that the liberal culture seems bent on denigrating men, especially white men, at every turn. Mansplaining. Manspreading. Misogyny. Toxic masculinity. Women are being taught to avoid being with men (other than for casual sex, if that) and they will be better off without them. When women see men not as complimentary mates but as dangerous enemies, of course they'll avoid them. Decent, honorable men are tarred with the pathologies of the few. And men come to the conclusion that there's no incentive for them to behave decently and honorably, since they're not going to get a woman anyway, and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Conservative philosophy, which sees men and women as complimentary instead of combative, would seem to make for better relations between the sexes. I wonder if conservative men and women are having as much trouble connecting with each other as liberal men and women seem to be.

Old 04-30-2022, 02:58 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
I'm sure all the gender confusion being pumped into young people's minds by the government isn't helping this situation... It must be excruciating being the 52nd gender and waiting for someone of the opposite gender, whatever the heck that might be... Or are they attracted to their own gender??? Do we even know how all this stuff works yet?

Old 04-30-2022, 03:05 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:

I don’t get how this can be just about young men. Statistically there are more women than men, so for every lonely, sexless male there has to be a lonely, sexless female. I get that in modern society it can be hard to meet others, but again it cuts both ways. You are concerned that “Isolated men with no access to sex, affection, or intimacy, become apathetic, nihilistic, disruptive.... and destructive.” So what do isolated women with no access to sex, affection or intimacy do?

Old 04-30-2022, 03:07 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
Quote:
Yeah, I've hypothesized the same thing. Problem is, we can't just force women at gunpoint back into the kitchen. So what do we do?
Over my pay grade.

But...

1. Men have to change. Yes, you do have to court the women. You have to stop playing the video games. You have to pretend to like what she likes. You have to have a job. You have to keep the job. You have to clean the house up to the women's standards. You have to stop cheating when you get the opportunity and women have to be safe in relationships.

2. I think we have to accept that the current model isn't working and that taboo things such as - arranged marriages, platonic marriages need to be considered.

3. Women have to stop handing out sex without marriage. It causes all sorts of problems but one of them is cutting down womens enticement to date. Not only does it put pressure on her to have sex with a total stranger but it puts women in a vunerable spot where they can be easy pickens for a dangerous killer. When women ended the night at their front door there were less killings. This also allows for easier cheating for irresponsible men.

Everything should be done to encourage men and women to choose marriage / stable relationship at a young age and have sex with just that one person.. / raise kids / and be happy about it.

What we have now is the "empowerment" lie which empowers no one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.