Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 10:47 AM

22,174 posts, read 9,744,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
You have it backwards - it is the RIGHT that needs to stay the hell out of people's bedrooms AND bodies.
It's the baby's body, not yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 10:48 AM

21,380 posts, read 8,020,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
These people are determined to ram rod this stuff through, even though other parts of the country parents have been able to get some of this stuff removed or modified.

The powers that be have determined that they will own the younger minds come hell or high water.

Definitely a switch has been figurately pushed.

These people are all in now, no doubt about that.

We trust teachers, at least we used to in the past. If someone on the street was talking to your kids and using this kind of language you'd probably bust them in the mouth, why should these creeps get a pass.

Lets keep it to the basics, and let the parents deal with these social type issues at home.
In my school district we will have complete turnover on the school board this year. The current board members knew there was no chance of being re-elected so they aren't running again. The parents are DONE. Very vocal. It will be a very 'conservative' board after the election. Driving around there are only signs for the 'conservative' candidates, I haven't seen any for the 'replacement' progressives. Not a lawn/road sign in sight. No one is supporting them.

And by conservative I mean they are pro academics and parents rights. Funny how that's not a middle of the road viewpoint anymore.

Old 08-10-2022, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
So the 'right' can't help themselves then, they are 'triggered' at the sight - or thought - of a Pride Flag or a woman walking into a clinic or two guys (or two women) smooching, etc. and therefore have to 'respond'.

Thank you for telling me what I have known for a very long time.

Now... with that out of the way, here's some advice: Mind your own damn business and concentrate on YOUR life. And if you don't have one, then GET one.

What 'teh gayzzzzz' and others are doing amongst themselves has zip to do with YOU.
It has plenty to do with ME. I have kids in school. Don't teach my kids that shi$.

Old 08-10-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
It looks like 20% of parents refuse to talk to their kids about sex https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...kids+about+sex

One of the links says half of kids do not feel comfortable asking parents about sex, and prefer to talk to another trusted adult, such as a teacher.

This part is OT, but trickle down, or supply side economics, doesn't work. That's a lie promulgated by people who do not understand economics. Wealth works better when it trickles up. Otherwise, the rich just get more rich. That's why tax cuts on top income brackets do not generally increase GDP. The Trump tax cuts would have been far better if the only changes were some bracket tweaking and the increase in the standard deduction. Increasing the standard deduction has the side effect of making tax returns far simpler for most tax payers.
You're right. It IS OT but ...I am a living, breathing example of trickle down working. As we have climbed the income ladder (and yes, we are evil 1 %ers), we hire people. I hire lawn care people, people to clean my house, etc. I know you will hate me for that but I don't really care.

Old 08-10-2022, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Texas law requires that if a school district teaches sex education, abstinence must be emphasized as the best choice. This appears in multiple sections of state law, including the Education Code and the Health and Safety Code. It's not a talking point here, it's the law.
Well, if you don't want to get pregnant, abstinence IS the best choice. It's hard to argue with that. But they are still teaching sex ed, no?

Old 08-10-2022, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The only fear is from those pushing the LGBTQsfgkln agenda.

Why? They know that their days are numbered. It's why it's so rampant right now. It's desperation. Every post like this just strengthens the base that will uproot this nonsense from the school systems. It's why LibsofTikTok is targeted again and again. All that count does is REPOST what is already on social media. Yet it's deemed not appropriate. Why? Because it is calling it out to people who object to it, building and building that base.

The tide is turning. Enjoy the pedophilia while it lasts. Won't be here much longer.

247-slide presentation on LGBTQsldjbf agenda to sexualize children, and a minority of people are cheering it on.

Sick. Such is the world these days.
Maybe it's so that when it finally comes out exactly how much of a pedophile Bill Clinton is, they think people will be ok with it.

Old 08-10-2022, 10:54 AM

52,457 posts, read 53,029,939 times
Quote:
In my school district we will have complete turnover on the school board this year. The current board members knew there was no chance of being re-elected so they aren't running again. The parents are DONE. Very vocal. It will be a very 'conservative' board after the election. Driving around there are only signs for the 'conservative' candidates, I haven't seen any for the 'replacement' progressives. Not a lawn/road sign in sight. No one is supporting them.

And by conservative I mean they are pro academics and parents rights. Funny how that's not a middle of the road viewpoint anymore.
Yeah, some people have slid so far left that being pro academics and parents right is seen as conservative.

To me this shouldn't be a partisan issue. Teach the kids how to succeed in life with all of the basics of reading and math and the rest and let the parents deal with all of the weird social issues we have now.

None of this should be controversial.

The vast majority of people tend to be center based in how they view the world, we need to get that large majority to keep waking up to make sure that the far left whack jobs don't screw around too much. I say the same about the push to put religion into schools. Just keep it to the basics.

Old 08-10-2022, 10:55 AM

42,080 posts, read 75,606,956 times
Quote:
Enjoy the pedophilia while it lasts.
Please provide documentation that pedophilia is occurring in classrooms during health education lessons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
These people are determined to ram rod this stuff through, even though other parts of the country parents have been able to get some of this stuff removed or modified.
You missed the part where parents in the school district have the option to remove their kids from sex ed.

Quote:
If someone on the street was talking to your kids and using this kind of language you'd probably bust them in the mouth
You'd bust someone in the mouth for saying "penis"? Or "condom"? Or talking about healthy relationships?

Wow. Because that's some of the "language" presented in the professional development programs referenced by the OP.

Quote:
let the parents deal with these social type issues at home.
The problem is they don't.

Old 08-10-2022, 10:57 AM

21,380 posts, read 8,020,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Please provide documentation that pedophilia is occurring in classrooms during health education lessons.
Explain how an adult teaching a minor child how to have anal and oral sex, as well as asking minor children about their sexual activities isn't pedophilia.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:57 AM

42,080 posts, read 75,606,956 times
Quote:
Explain how an adult teaching a minor child how to have anal and oral sex, as well as asking minor children about their sexual activities isn't pedophilia.
I asked you first.

But while you're at it, please document your assertion that adults are teaching kids in the classroom as part of the health education curriculum how to have anal and oral sex.

Last edited by Ohiogirl81; 08-10-2022 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: Oops. Typo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies