Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 10:36 AM

1,929 posts, read 560,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
You would lose that bet. A kid in my 8th grade health class in 1971 asked that question.
What was your response?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2022, 12:41 PM

15,470 posts, read 7,522,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
What was your response?
They asked the teacher, not me. I was in 8th grade at the time too. The teacher said it was a natural thing to do, but only in private. Looking back, the coach that taught that class was pretty forward thinking for the time.

Old 08-08-2022, 03:23 PM

158 posts, read 44,058 times
moral kids and stead fast kids will ignore this but what i have a concern with is this slide about BEING AN ALLY

Old 08-09-2022, 11:19 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,867,275 times
Quote:
You would lose that bet. A kid in my 8th grade health class in 1971 asked that question.
That kid wasn't named Jeffrey Toobin, was he? He probably already had acquired the nickname Jeffrey "Lubin" Toobin by then.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:06 PM

21,486 posts, read 10,593,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I was in high school in the 70’s. No one was “ out†back then. It came as a surprise to learn when some eventually came out as gay adults.

My BF, captain of football team, disclosed to me that his mother had found his stash of female underwear in his room. He told her the stuff was mine. He then told me he would wear the stuff under his clothes and drive around fantasizing about picking up guys. I could not, COULD NOT, wrap my head around it and ended the relationship. I also kept his secret.

My point here is that LGBT have been among the general population since forever. ( I don’t know what ***** means).

Having said this, seems to me Trans is a fad and many will outgrow it. No amount of blockers, hormones or surgery can change biological gender. It’s none of my business how someone wants to identify one day to the next or permanently. I will not however, play the pronoun game.

The most famous Trans person is a life long Republican who earned gold at Olympics and fathered 6 children with 3 wives. He chose to complete his transition at age 65. I wanted to understand and watched the documentary, Caitlyn where he waxed on about being able to wear nail polish in public and pretty, flowing frocks and seemed genuinely happy with his choice. He has no interest in pursuing a romantic / sexual relationship with anyone.

It was never about sex.

I don’t care if Caitlyn in in the “ ladies “ while I am.

I am grateful my children came of age before Trans became a thing.
Don’t conflate trans with gay. They are not the same. I have gay friends who came out later, but my point remains that transgender was always extremely rare and concentrated in young males but now we have a lot of teen girls with rapid onset gender dysphoria which is completely the fault of online and school group discussions.

I know you didn’t conflate it but I wanted to be clear that these are two different issues.

Katlyn Jenner has never once wanted to invade women’s spaces so I can respect that.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:43 PM

21,953 posts, read 9,532,892 times
Quote:
Education failures are more related to the lack of parental involvement and failure to properly fund the schools that teach lower socio-economic status kids than to anything "leftist"
That's just a load of crap. The amount put towards education in this country is HUGE. The money is not being spent on what it's supposed to be spent on. I listened to the Illinois State Board of Education call when covid first hit. The entire call was about black and brown kids who were going to be harmed by this. Guarantee they spent HUGE money on diversity and equity 'training' instead of educating those kids who fell way behind during Covid. It's all just a money laundering operation and we are on to it now.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:44 PM

21,953 posts, read 9,532,892 times
Quote:
They asked the teacher, not me. I was in 8th grade at the time too. The teacher said it was a natural thing to do, but only in private. Looking back, the coach that taught that class was pretty forward thinking for the time.
And he didn't need some huge slide show to properly answer.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:51 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,581,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
And he didn't need some huge slide show to properly answer.
Don't you have some pearls to go clutch or something? Way to take a resource intended for teachers and spin it into something perverse and ridiculous. News flash - it isn't 1950 anymore. There are maybe 1 or 2 things in there that give me pause, the rest isn't anything new, but way to be over the top about it. Maybe get your head out of the sand. 90% of people masturbate, the other 10% lie about it.

Do you seriously just spend your days scanning sites to find the latest and greatest thing to be horrified about and then run to CD to post about it so the other 10 people with your antiquated views can agree with you and give you a raison d'etre? What a sad existence.

Old 08-09-2022, 02:03 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,960,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
They need to be taught how to respond to such a question if a student brings it up. Which seems to be what 147 and 148 are about. Its not teaching material as far as I can tell. But we are going to throw teachers under the bus because it scores political points. I get it

I really wish the Right would stick to issues like the economy and getting the government off everyone's back and pocketbook. Manufacturing issues to rile up the right be effective but to me its silly.

Its threads like IS BIDEN THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER? Again its riling up the base. Biden is not going anywhere and does not care if he is the worst ever. We can do better with the focus.

I went a year listening to my step daughter teach her 1st graders in Arizona over Zoom when the schools were closed over covid. She lived in our home. Pretty benign stuff. All of it.
It is teaching material. There is a slide that states how many lessons each grade level needs. Less for younger grades, more for older grades.

Main focus is on emphasizing LGBTQ sex and identity, complete with how to hide identity from parents forms for students to fill out. LGBTQ is pretty much every other slide.

Old 08-09-2022, 02:27 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,999,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
With 20% of the youth identifying as an alphabet person it's really needed. My question though is how we managed to go from .01% to 20% in a mere 3 generations
Well, the then Soviet Union began its youth demoralization and infiltration program in the 19060's. Three generations would be sixty years ..... That would be about right. Those who started the ball rolling must be laughing their heads off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies