Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2022, 08:02 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't think she wants you to feel bad for her.

She's stating a reality. We are so impressed with a Tom Brady who has been able to stay in the game for so long. And all along he has been able to father how many kids?

It is a biological thing and seemingly unfair to women who have the same desire to keep striving for number one in her sport.

She talked about how hard it was after her first child to get back into top form. She's older now and another pregnancy will set her back.

Don't see it as some kind of woe is me I'm a woman. See it as more of a I am a competitive athlete that has sto make sacrifices for my family.
Sorry - she totally lacks perspective here.

She should be thankful - especially in this economic climate - that she has made the money and afforded the life she has - and is able to raise her family without ever having to worry about the bills.

Assuming her to be liberal minded... they are rarely ever happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2022, 08:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Sorry - she totally lacks perspective here.

She should be thankful - especially in this economic climate - that she has made the money and afforded the life she has - and is able to raise her family without ever having to worry about the bills.
Hang on -- she can be totally grateful for all she has and all her successes and still be sad that her ability to play is impacted by her want to carry another child.

You can have conflicting feelings.

Very few elite male athletes have said, I want to play mroe but need to stop because I want more kids.

It's that simple.

And it's okay she feels sad about that and expresses that.

It doesn't mean for one minute she isn't appreciative of all she has accomplished.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Hang on -- she can be totally grateful for all she has and all her successes and still be sad that her ability to play is impacted by her want to carry another child.

Very few elite male athletes have said, I want to play mroe but need to stop because I want more kids.

It's that simple.

It doesn't mean for one minute she isn't appreciative of all she has accomplished.
Nobody told her to have kids.

Why not integrate it and make it a positive instead of a burden? She did well to have the career she had. She should celebrate her accomplishment instead of grumbling. That's just my take. Be thankful.

Some people can never have enough and be content - and they are miserable.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Nobody told her to have kids.

She's a woman. As the primary birthing persons on the earth, this is what God equipped her to do. She can fight it or integrate it and make it a positive instead of a burden. She did well to have the career she had. She should celebrate her accomplishment instead of grumbling. That's just my take. Be thankful.

Some people can never have enough and be content - and they are miserable.
Hang on -- you are suggesting she's bitter and resentful. She expressed a statement that as a woman she doesn't have the same ability to enjoy having a family and continuing her sport.

That doesn't mean she's miserable and unhappy and not content.

It's reality.

Gretzky moaned about getting old and having to work harder to stay fit. He should have just shut up and be happy he did what he did.

No -- not at all -- it is okay to be both proud, happy with what you have accomplished and lement you wish you could have done more.

You are reading way more into it.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:27 PM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:

It's that simple.

How dare she claim men can't have kids.

Are you telling me if Roger Federer wanted to have a baby and give birth to it after identifying as a woman that he couldn't? Careful...that's some harsh bigotry to say he's not a woman.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:37 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,659,254 times
Quote:

It's that simple.

She is the most successful pro female player ever...has a right to retire at age 40 and have another child...most of her fellow tennis cohorts are half her age or less (Coco Gauff is only 18)...amazing career! Her sister Venus did very well too!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...xSCDyD54xaGQPj

Old 08-09-2022, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
She is the most successful pro female player ever...has a right to retire at age 40 and have another child...most of her fellow tennis cohorts are half her age or less (Coco Gauff is only 18)...amazing career! Her sister Venus did very well too!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...xSCDyD54xaGQPj
She's so accomplished.

And she's sad to say good bye to competing which she has done since she was a kid.

It's okay for her to have a moment and say she would like to go on but wants a family more.

It isn't sexist to recognize that there are differences with the sexes. That's not sexist.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:53 PM

Quote:

It isn't sexist to recognize that there are differences with the sexes. That's not sexist.
Often that's a one way street.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:53 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,712,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/09/sere...box=1660064345

I truly hate to be so vulgar, but go f*$% yourself, Ms. Williams! You are a world renowned tennis champion, who holds many records and awards. Yet, you still find some way to be a victim...

Sigh.
Some people can never just be happy and content with what they have. They ALWAYS want more, and if they don't get it they feel like they have to play the victim.

You know what Serena...I bet that there are many women out there who aren't Superstars who are very happy with their families. I also bet there are women who can never have a child of their own.

Perspective

Old 08-09-2022, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Some people can never just be happy and content with what they have. They ALWAYS want more, and if they don't get it they feel like they have to play the victim.

You know what Serena...I bet that there are many women out there who aren't Superstars who are very happy with their families. I also bet there are women who can never have a child of their own.

Perspective
She's happy and proud and content but is sad that she has to retire.

People can be sad, frustrated and still extremely grateful and content.

Complex feelings and ideas are okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies