Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it "here is Trump, find the crime?"
Yes, witch hunt 141 54.23%
Unsure 12 4.62%
No, it is all about investigating real crimes 107 41.15%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 04:01 AM

10,017 posts, read 5,720,569 times

Advertisements

There's no doubt the NY Attorney General is on a witch hunt -- she flat-out campaigned on her intention to conduct one.

But the more I think about it, the more I think the Mar-a-Lago raid was about something else. There was absolutely no call to send the FBI over a tug-of-war over documents. There are still millions of documents out there that past Presidents were asked to returned and didn't, but nobody raided their homes. So my speculation is there's a bunch of stuff in those documents the Cathedral doesn't want anyone else to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2022, 04:31 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,320,280 times
I wish this poll gave the usernames of voters.... I want to see who these 36% are that think this is legitimate...

Old 08-12-2022, 04:32 AM

14,241 posts, read 4,617,914 times
DOJ/FBI/Garland needs to show the Americans what they found from the search warrant

Old 08-12-2022, 10:08 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,820,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Trump's foundation was ordered closed due to fraud and self dealing. The AG found "rampant criminality at the foundation".

Trump is the unnamed co-conspirator "Individual One" in the conviction that sent Michael Cohen to prison.

Trump University was forced to close and pay $25 million for fraud and false advertising
Exactly. We have a history of criminality here. How many times did Trump plead the 5th during his last deposition? Over 400. His selective "I don't recall" amnesia contradicts his very stable genius mind with a great memory.

This poor Don everyone is picking on him defense is well, just getting old. To be willfully blind to the extent that you just can't see the pattern or criminality is an embarrassment at this point.

The FBI raid to retrieve stolen documents had to be signed off on by a judge. It's just the latest in Trump's flagrant lawlessness.

What happened on January 6th was a disgrace, and evidence is mounting that Trump did indeed try to overturn the election.

The Trump organization is under investigation by the NY AG for both civil and criminal cases.

It looks like Congress will get Trump's tax returns eventually.

There are civil suits against Trump for Jan. 6.

None of this is acceptable, and no one with this kind of baggage is worthy of holding the highest office in the land.

These are not witch hunts. This is how our legal system works. Everything is decided in a court of law.

But But Hillary. But But Hunter. Birds aren't real either.

Old 08-12-2022, 10:12 AM

4,310 posts, read 1,567,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I wish this poll gave the usernames of voters.... I want to see who these 36% are that think this is legitimate...
You want to turn a thread about a witch hunt into a witch hunt?

That's a bit on the nose.

Old 08-12-2022, 10:31 AM

15,357 posts, read 12,672,879 times
Aren’t these docs he isn’t supposed to have?

Old 08-12-2022, 10:45 AM

8,396 posts, read 4,389,109 times
Most of us know witches, in the story book sense, do not exist. Amoral politicians on the other hand ......

Old 08-12-2022, 10:51 AM

21,991 posts, read 9,569,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You realize Hunter is under investigation, right? That's not new.
Shouldn't take a long time since they have tons of evidence on his laptop.

Old 08-12-2022, 10:54 AM

37,158 posts, read 42,290,039 times
I've been looking around the internet at what people are posting about this latest search of Trumps place and most places that let anyone post are convinced Trump had the launch codes for nuclear weapons and was trying to sell them to the highest bidder. Also, the FBI would never have searched unless they had concrete proof because the FBI is above reproach and so is everyone involved in this investigation.

I remember when I was young and thinking that our best and brightest were in positions of power and trusted that we weren't told things for our own good and the safety and security of our nation. Anyone else ever as dumb as I was?

Old 08-12-2022, 11:11 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,698,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Of course, this is a political witch hunt. And it’s not just against Trump. It goes way beyond that. Who in their right mind could see it any other way?

Joe Biden and Merrick Garland are a couple of buffoons.
You need to pay attention to a credible news source. The Washington Post is a good starting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yes it’s a witch hunt.

Dems can’t stomach another Trump victory, they thought he would be in jail by now.
He should've already been in jail. This may be the clincher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
There's no doubt the NY Attorney General is on a witch hunt -- she flat-out campaigned on her intention to conduct one.

But the more I think about it, the more I think the Mar-a-Lago raid was about something else. There was absolutely no call to send the FBI over a tug-of-war over documents. There are still millions of documents out there that past Presidents were asked to returned and didn't, but nobody raided their homes. So my speculation is there's a bunch of stuff in those documents the Cathedral doesn't want anyone else to see.
Can you cite some evidence about those past Presidents who were asked to return documents and didn't. Just one would suffice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I usually don't vote in stupid polls, but I will so you know at least one voter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies