Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2022, 09:58 AM

4,675 posts, read 1,961,757 times

Advertisements

Reading this thread shows really what the problem is. We all know Black Males commit crimes drastically more percentage wise than any other group. Yet we sit here and debate the language somebody is using and dance around calling each other racist. You can never start to truly examine a problem and try to find a solution until you accept the reality of the problem. And it's Black Crime in America. So instead of getting defensive about it or dancing around the Racist issue How the Heck to we find a way to fix it. It seems a very complex issue with no single cause. Poverty is obviously a factor, but there are millions in poverty who dont commit crimes. No father in the household also a factor and a lack of male role models. Lack of choices, if you live in a ghetto where you environment is filled with thugs and criminals this is who you grow to admire and learn from.

I really dont know what would be the best cause of action no solution will be simple or easy or frankly cheap. It sure would be nice if we really sat down together, especially those who are most effected by this crime and try to find solutions that aren't just a continuation of decades long policies that have obviously failed and likely made things worse. Stop throwing good money after bad and admit we messed it up and try something else.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:16 AM

19,884 posts, read 18,165,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
It would still be false, because some of the blackest cities in this country have low crime rates.

but none of this really matter because cities dont have walls, and cities like Detroit completely surround smaller cities or have suburbs that border them.

most dangerous counties would actually be a more accurate list, although still flawed.
Forget city, county and state boundaries and I'm not up for wasting much time on this. However, if you'd just look at national violent crime statistics by race you'd see that blacks are exceptionally overrepresented.

Just a quick example.

https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/revcoa18.pdf

And another:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ta-table-6.xls

Old 08-14-2022, 11:20 AM

19,884 posts, read 18,165,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
Reading this thread shows really what the problem is. We all know Black Males commit crimes drastically more percentage wise than any other group. Yet we sit here and debate the language somebody is using and dance around calling each other racist. You can never start to truly examine a problem and try to find a solution until you accept the reality of the problem. And it's Black Crime in America. So instead of getting defensive about it or dancing around the Racist issue How the Heck to we find a way to fix it. It seems a very complex issue with no single cause. Poverty is obviously a factor, but there are millions in poverty who dont commit crimes. No father in the household also a factor and a lack of male role models. Lack of choices, if you live in a ghetto where you environment is filled with thugs and criminals this is who you grow to admire and learn from.

I really dont know what would be the best cause of action no solution will be simple or easy or frankly cheap. It sure would be nice if we really sat down together, especially those who are most effected by this crime and try to find solutions that aren't just a continuation of decades long policies that have obviously failed and likely made things worse. Stop throwing good money after bad and admit we messed it up and try something else.
Great post.....you are unquestionably correct across all points and you'll be labeled or thought of as racist for being honest.

IMO the only fix is for society to get to young black children, especially boys, by around age 4 or 5 and somehow help them understand that education is the great equalizer and for many the only way out.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:26 AM

73,102 posts, read 62,746,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post

The language someone uses is about INTENT. If someone is using certain language or phrasing this in a certain way, there is a reason behind it. I have a thread about Black murder rates. I have the data on there, and I am very upfront about my intent. Other Black people have gone onto that thread. We've been able to have a discussion about it. Intent matters just as much as the issue at hand. If someone is coming to the table with "Black people are a problem and cities are better off without them" or "cities are better off without non-Whites", there is going to be a problem. I am going to be defensive, period. And you cannot expect me to react any other way. And yes, I do take things personal. That's the way I am, and there's noting you can do to change me.

And personally, I don't think either political party could solve the problems at hand. This problem is decades old, and not even prison seems to be enough to drastically solve it.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:32 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,139,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The language someone uses is about INTENT. If someone is using certain language or phrasing this in a certain way, there is a reason behind it. I have a thread about Black murder rates. I have the data on there, and I am very upfront about my intent. Other Black people have gone onto that thread. We've been able to have a discussion about it. Intent matters just as much as the issue at hand. If someone is coming to the table with "Black people are a problem and cities are better off without them" or "cities are better off without non-Whites", there is going to be a problem. I am going to be defensive, period. And you cannot expect me to react any other way. And yes, I do take things personal. That's the way I am, and there's noting you can do to change me.

And personally, I don't think either political party could solve the problems at hand. This problem is decades old, and not even prison seems to be enough to drastically solve it.
Fixing it is the issue, and those in the Democrat party who push the defund the police movement have exacerbated it. They should be labeled as Idiots, but they are not. As for as the Republicans, I see them as not wanting anything to do with it.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Fixing it is the issue, and those in the Democrat party who push the defund the police movement have exacerbated it. They should be labeled as Idiots, but they are not. As for as the Republicans, I see them as not wanting anything to do with it.
Like I said, neither political party is equipped to deal with it. There are much deeper issues that can't be solved by either party. You can lock up as many people as possible. However, more criminals will be on the way. They're being born and raised everyday, particularly to women who weren't discerning about what kind of me they hooked up with.

Something else. I pay attention to what people say for a reason. What someone says often denotes intent.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
its properly have to do with culture, upbringing and if daddy in the home, no matter what the race are
Then a good question is this. What is it about Stockton that seems to attract such an element? I have to ask this because I look at alot of places at the individual level.

Old 08-14-2022, 12:42 PM

1,866 posts, read 936,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Honolulu is a very diverse city and it has a low murder rate.

Lots of Asians...Asians don't do murder.
China, Japan, and Korea have very low homicide rates.
Immigrants from those places also have very low homicide rates.

Old 08-14-2022, 12:51 PM

6,707 posts, read 3,005,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

I will say I was in Lincoln several times and the neighborhoods are basically German, Czech, Swedish neighborhoods...

I wonder if Lincoln, Nebraska are saying 'Oh, I wish there was more diversity in Lincoln like their is in Stockton"
German, Czech, Swedish ? Hey man,..that's pretty diverse already

Something can't be considered diverse unless you have specific groups included?

Anyway,.. diversity for diversity's sake is over-rated. Forcing it by government intervention should be frowned upon.

Old 08-14-2022, 12:56 PM

1,866 posts, read 936,430 times
For reference:

https://i.ibb.co/VxkqtcC/Race-Firearm-Homicide-Rate.png

The low homicide rate among American Whites (Non-Hispanic) is on par or just slightly higher than the homicide rates you find in most European nations.

The high homicide rate among Black Americans is comparable to the high homicide rates you find in many western, central, or southern African nations, and Caribbean nations such as Haiti.

The low homicide rate among Asian Americans is comparable to the low homicide rates you find back in their respective Asian nations.

The homicide rate among Hispanic Americans is actually lower than all of the central American nations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.