Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 06:29 PM

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster24 View Post
I'm partial to "his highness" if you're referring to me in the 3rd person.
I'll also consider anything other than that as a significant microaggression.
If you please, Your Highness, I wish to be referred to as "His Imperial Majesty."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2022, 06:38 PM

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Shouldn't transgender, non-binary, and gender nonconforming Americans be allowed to use pronouns that do not offend, insult and upset them?
Personally, I find transgender, non-binary, and gender nonconforming Americans (at least the ones who are activistic about this) to be not only insufferably narcissistic, but also supremely arrogant. They have decided that they are not to be bound by what God (or, if you're not religious, Mother Nature or the Flying Spaghetti Monster) has created for humankind. "Male and female he created them" (Genesis 5:2). Yet these transcendent (in their own minds) creatures lash and flail against their own highly binary creation. Hey, nonconformists, guess what? You aren't smarter or more powerful than the God who created you. You are male, or you are female. Very binary. Moreover, you have pronouns to go with whichever one you are, as determined by centuries of linguistic usage. And those are the pronouns that I'm going to use in reference to you, because I refuse to enter into your delusion.

Old 08-30-2022, 06:40 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
She identifies as male if it is possessive.

She sees herself as victim of the patriarchy, because leftism.
How did her perception of victimization come about? Was there a defining event that angered or injured her? Why did she decide on this particular act of defiance to demonstrate her rejection of patriarchy?

Old 08-30-2022, 06:42 PM

26,496 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
How did her perception of victimization come about? Was there a defining event that angered or injured her?
No idea of a defining event. Very much a victim and everyone is a victim and America is sexist and racist and capitalist to a fault etc.

I don't want to encourage it, but I can't be confrontational about it either. Sorry, but she/his pronouns are unreasonable.

Old 08-30-2022, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It’s not just a linguistic change nor is it only relevant to young people. It’s about turning gender into stereotypes. Being a woman is just a feeling.
That is a truly interesting perspective on the matter. Is it possible that the rejection of binary pronouns by the person described by the OP results from wanting to break free of a stereotype that she finds unacceptable? I'm intrigued by her anger over patriarchy and wondering what might have happened to make her take a stand in this particular way.

Old 08-30-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
No idea of a defining event. Very much a victim and everyone is a victim and America is sexist and racist and capitalist to a fault etc.

I don't want to encourage it, but I can't be confrontational about it either. Sorry, but she/his pronouns are unreasonable.
Is this person a teenager? Her use of mixed pronouns is an unusual way of expressing her anger. You say you can't be confrontational about it, but have you taken the time to ask her what's going on? Her use of mixed pronouns is actually less interesting to me than her anger over patriarchy. I suspect that there has been a defining event that brought this behavior about, and you might be in a position to help her resolve it.

Last edited by kj1065; 08-30-2022 at 07:03 PM..

Old 08-30-2022, 06:58 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Leftists stop the destruction of reality, please.
How about "he/she/it"? As a leftist that's what I advocate.

Old 08-30-2022, 07:06 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
So, there is someone who goes by she/his pronouns. No, that is not a typo. She/his.

She wants to highlight the patriarchy by having male pronouns for ownership/possessive pronouns, because leftist victimhood.

Based on the preferred pronouns of this individual, this is a legit sentence:

She wants to take his car so she can impress his boyfriend.

All 4 pronouns are referring to the same person.

How is this sane?

We have now moved from forcing people to agree with a false reality based on someone else's false self-perception to having to use pronoun words based on political beliefs.

Some even use pronouns based on pretending to be different species or mythological beings.

Leftists stop the destruction of reality, please.

He/him

She/her

Ze/zir

Pe/per

Hu/hum

Pri/prin

Prins/princely

They/them

Xe/xer

Bun/bunself

Kitten/kittenself

Vamp/vampself

Fae/faer/falsely

Innit/innits/innitself

Bug/bugself

Drae/drem/draer/draers/draeself

Ne/nem

The NY Times lists over 100 different neo pronouns.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/08/s...explainer.html

https://youtu.be/egw1yHECUS8
It just shows how insane the left is, they seek to make it impossible to even address your neighbor without offending them.

Old 08-30-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It just shows how insane the left is, they seek to make it impossible to even address your neighbor without offending them.
This thread is purportedly about a specific person known to the OP, and I'm curious about why the OP has chosen to ridicule her online rather than reach out to find out what has precipitated this unusual act of defiance. There's a reason behind her behavior, and it's not leftists. Something has happened, and if the OP cares about her, why not reach out?

Maybe she's a student who did the majority of work on a group project only to have the male group leader receive all the kudos?

Maybe she belongs to a church that promotes the idea that she must fill a strict gender role that she finds unacceptable?

Maybe she's angry because she ran for student council only to be beaten by her high school's quarterback?

Do you see where I'm going with this? OP, if you care about this young person, then have a chat with her, ask open-ended questions, and LISTEN rather than just dismissing her out of hand.

Last edited by kj1065; 08-30-2022 at 07:37 PM..

Old 08-30-2022, 08:20 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
This thread is purportedly about a specific person known to the OP, and I'm curious about why the OP has chosen to ridicule her online rather than reach out to find out what has precipitated this unusual act of defiance. There's a reason behind her behavior, and it's not leftists. Something has happened, and if the OP cares about her, why not reach out?

Maybe she's a student who did the majority of work on a group project only to have the male group leader receive all the kudos?

Maybe she belongs to a church that promotes the idea that she must fill a strict gender role that she finds unacceptable?

Maybe she's angry because she ran for student council only to be beaten by her high school's quarterback?

Do you see where I'm going with this? OP, if you care about this young person, then have a chat with her, ask open-ended questions, and LISTEN rather than just dismissing her out of hand.
Identifying as non binary isn’t that unusual for teens these days. Even many adults do it. You will find a handful of non binary and/or trans students in any high school these days. Workplaces encourage employees to put their pronouns in their email signatures.

Maybe someone should tell these people that conforming to gender stereotypes is not what makes them men or women. Maybe someone should tell this teen that she’s a girl.

The modern day trans and non binary movement is extremely misogynistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies