Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2022, 01:39 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,375,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Appreciate your response. Gave some thought on your remarks.

I stand firmly in the facts . One fact is there is no actual open camera view of the door being breeched.
The daughters emotions could well be explained that she was upset that her DAD had a gun and she DIDNT want anyone killed. She certainly wasn't saying ohhh daddy daddy please shoot him!

All this is technically irrelevant anyways as the father is lauded a ' hero'. So applaud him if you wish.
actually the audio shows the daughter telling her dad, "you saved my life".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2022, 01:47 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,160,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I disagree with the killing.

The door was NOT busted in by the deceased.

Hope the family sues this home owner.

The 911 call seriously needs new training!

What weapon did this young guy have? He was unarmed.

It doesn't matter if he was armed or unarmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeez! When somebody wrongfully enters your house the owner needs to make a split second decision and assume the worst. If the perp doesn't want to endanger his/her life, don't enter homes unlawfully.

Anybody has the right to defend their family. If a life is lost in the process? Oh well. I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I would have zero shame or guilt over killing an invader in my home. ZERO!

Old 09-02-2022, 01:56 PM

14,216 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Anybody finds it weird that the posters ,who find this shooting is unjustified, are all women?

Old 09-02-2022, 02:04 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,607 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
It doesn't matter if he was armed or unarmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeez! When somebody wrongfully enters your house the owner needs to make a split second decision and assume the worst. If the perp doesn't want to endanger his/her life, don't enter homes unlawfully.

Anybody has the right to defend their family. If a life is lost in the process? Oh well. I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I would have zero shame or guilt over killing an invader in my home. ZERO!
This whole thing is just bizarre.

In her relationship with him about a year and a half ago, Allyson's family didn't have any complaints about him, never found him disrespectful or difficult or threatening. They were teenagers, and he could be rude, or dismissive, as teen couples can be, and she broke up with him and broke off all contact.

Then awhile back he sent her a voicemail saying he's not sure how he feels, and maybe they could get together, would that be ok?

So apparently they do get together for an afternoon. When they return, she sprints out of the car and runs into the house "because she has anxiety". He gets out of the car, ambles up the walkway, rings the doorbell, several times over several minutes while he looks basically like a zombie on the porch, and no one answers the door.

(Cue the mom here. It's your house. You know this guy, and haven't had a bad experience with him. Open the door, and say hello James, can I help you?)

Minutes pass, and he continues to stand there in the doorway.

Daughter starts screaming, Dad gets the gun, mother starts screaming, Dad goes around to the garage exit and tries to attract James' attention but he doesn't appear to respond, it's not clear he's heard the dad, just stands there staring off.

After several times of trying to open the door, for some unknown reason, James starts to claw at the door frame and peel it away.

Dad comes to the front door, inside the house, and shouts I have a gun and then shoots him dead through the window next to the door.

Bizarroworld. Allyson doesn't seem to have any explanation for why she was screaming or afraid of him, she doesn't say anything at all that he's ever done that was threatening or made her frightened.

We don't know why he looks like a sleepy zombie on autopilot the whole time.

And now he's dead.

Last edited by ClaraC; 09-02-2022 at 02:22 PM..

Old 09-02-2022, 02:22 PM

1,037 posts, read 434,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrmantraut
Talk to the grand jury who decided against an indictment.
No doubt it will be presented to the next session GJ for consideration.

Old 09-02-2022, 02:24 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTU2 View Post
No doubt it will be presented to the next session GJ for consideration.
It's a done deal.

He's not been indicted, won't face criminal charges.

And from what I can tell, it's hard to blame the dad.

What I WOULD like a clear explanation for, is why the daughter was screaming and why the mom started screaming too and calling 911, about this boy she knows ringing the doorbell on her porch.

Old 09-02-2022, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's a done deal.

He's not been indicted, won't face criminal charges.

And from what I can tell, it's hard to blame the dad.

What I WOULD like a clear explanation for, is why the daughter was screaming and why the mom started screaming too and calling 911, about this boy she knows ringing the doorbell on her porch.
It can be submitted to the next GJ, it is not a done deal yet.

Old 09-02-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTU2 View Post
It can be submitted to the next GJ, it is not a done deal yet.
Is that typical? If a GJ fails to indict someone by a 8-1 margin, they bring them before the next GJ to see if they can get a more satisfactory answer?

No one seems to have any desire to charge this man, and frankly, I don't either although I'd like a very clear and public answer as to why mom and daughter were so worked into a lather about this boy they know ringing their doorbell after he and the daughter went on an outing and she went in the house.

The man was faced with his wife and daughter screaming in the house, and now because of that, this young man is dead. I think we're all entitled to what made them behave that way.

Old 09-02-2022, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC
Is that typical? If a GJ fails to indict someone by a 8-1 margin, they bring them before the next GJ to see if they can get a more satisfactory answer?
I do not have the stats as to how often it happens, but a GJ is not a Trial Court Jury, therefore a "No Bill" does not mean not guilty. A new GJ may indict on any new charge presented, even Misdemeanors in Ohio. Similar to a hung trial jury, the defendant can be retried. New evidence may come out or simply another attempt to Indict with the same facts?

Old 09-02-2022, 03:27 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This whole thing is just bizarre.

In her relationship with him about a year and a half ago, Allyson's family didn't have any complaints about him, never found him disrespectful or difficult or threatening. They were teenagers, and he could be rude, or dismissive, as teen couples can be, and she broke up with him and broke off all contact.

Then awhile back he sent her a voicemail saying he's not sure how he feels, and maybe they could get together, would that be ok?

So apparently they do get together for an afternoon. When they return, she sprints out of the car and runs into the house "because she has anxiety". He gets out of the car, ambles up the walkway, rings the doorbell, several times over several minutes while he looks basically like a zombie on the porch, and no one answers the door.

(Cue the mom here. It's your house. You know this guy, and haven't had a bad experience with him. Open the door, and say hello James, can I help you?)

Minutes pass, and he continues to stand there in the doorway.

Daughter starts screaming, Dad gets the gun, mother starts screaming, Dad goes around to the garage exit and tries to attract James' attention but he doesn't appear to respond, it's not clear he's heard the dad, just stands there staring off.

After several times of trying to open the door, for some unknown reason, James starts to claw at the door frame and peel it away.

Dad comes to the front door, inside the house, and shouts I have a gun and then shoots him dead through the window next to the door.

Bizarroworld. Allyson doesn't seem to have any explanation for why she was screaming or afraid of him, she doesn't say anything at all that he's ever done that was threatening or made her frightened.

We don't know why he looks like a sleepy zombie on autopilot the whole time.

And now he's dead.
I have not seen any report that Allyson was in the car with him or she had been out with him that day. Could you share where you found that? I have not seen anywhere that the dad left the house. Where does that come from?

Rayl broke in the front door, after being told to leave and that the dad had a gun. The window was in the door.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iend-dead.html

"In a joint statement Shelby County Prosecutor and Shelby County Sheriffs office said: ‘The front door was a solid wooden door with a deadbolt.

'The deadbolt was found to be in the locked position and the casing to the lock side of the door was broken.

‘Three holes were found in the decorative glass window in the door and three hollow point 9mm spent cartridges were found on the floor. The weapon was located on the mantel of the fireplace.'"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies