Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2022, 12:22 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,152,020 times

Advertisements

Everything from the ominous optics to the anger, mixed-messaging, gaslighting and projection were pretty worrisome. It may have been the darkest oratory in history delivered by a sitting US President, and on the taxpayer dime no less. The many comparisons to historical and fictitious dictators alike should seem perfectly reasonable to anybody that hasn't surrendered their critical faculties.

Old 09-03-2022, 12:28 PM

23,760 posts, read 12,642,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Eh that was just a couple I found quick last night. He talked about "crazy Democrats" a lot.
*As has been proven, he wasn't speaking of the left voting base.
Quote:
Biden wasn't talking about all Republicans even, as he pointed out.
*All? Who was saying "all"? Biden* attacked a good size of the right voting base, he'd also attacked many voters on the left too.

*see the difference?

I'm saying that Trump never attacked the average left voting base, as a whole or in part.
But D's do attack the average voters, no matter whether they are on the right or on the left.

Quote:
I have to admit, it's interesting how many feelings y'all are having about this. Right down the street my neighbor recently added a Trump 2024 F Your Feelings flag to his collection of Trump and anti-Biden flags plastered on his garage and a big flagpole. Yeah, I know it's not an official Trump campaign flag as far as I know, but it is far from something neighbor just made up on his own. My husband hadn't seen that sentiment before (he's not as interested in politics), but I have for years. Sigh. Somehow we all (general) need to dial all this back.
And so that person you're talking about, who flies a few flags, means what to you?

There are people on both sides who fly flags, have bumper stickers, t-shirts, etc., that show their support for or their opposition to, certain political leaders. Some of those items, on both sides, do get pretty nasty.

If you think those on the left aren't doing the same as you described, someone is buying these flags:
https://www.amazon.com/anti-trump-fl...nti+trump+flag

I don't have any pro/anti 'stuff', never had any and never will intentionally purchase any. I don't care if others do, no matter which side they're on. They are simply showing their opinion and I have no problems with it. The only exception to that is I don't care for these things that have F-this that or the other person, and violent images and sayings.

Old 09-03-2022, 12:50 PM

13,495 posts, read 4,317,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Everything from the ominous optics to the anger, mixed-messaging, gaslighting and projection were pretty worrisome. It may have been the darkest oratory in history delivered by a sitting US President, and on the taxpayer dime no less. The many comparisons to historical and fictitious dictators alike should seem perfectly reasonable to anybody that hasn't surrendered their critical faculties.

It was and a very ugly one using 2 Marines in the background. You shouldn't use the military for campaign rallies or go after millions of voters in the country just for the fact that they don't agree with you. Trump is not running, I never seen a current President attack a former President and his voters being the enemies of the state using the President's platform.

That speech is anti-patriotic, anti-constitution and anti-free political speech.

Not 1 word on China and how the pandemic started in that country and spread to the world or how they lied. No word on the drug epidemic killing thousands of Americans every year and it gets worse. Biden goes after 75 million American citizens.

Old 09-03-2022, 12:54 PM

43,194 posts, read 18,353,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I should hope so. After all, that is part of their oath. Otherwise, what is the point of having a military?
Was that a subtle message to the Republicans ?

Do you really think the Republicans are out to destroy Democracy based on midterm elections ?
Really ????

Old 09-03-2022, 12:57 PM

471 posts, read 827,143 times
Default Osama Bin Liden Speaks

Dark Brandon The Sniffer a victim of elder abuse? Maybe the people really calling the shots in the White House confuse their video games with a world they have little experience with?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73UCMCT2C7w

Old 09-03-2022, 12:58 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,365,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Soul of America is everything the Democrats are actually fighting against.

We see their hatred in every Anti American policy from Open Borders to men in the ladies room to resurrecting Racism to CRT and paying off student debt and all the rest of the crap they are pushing on us.

The Soul of America are the People that still believe in Patriotism and a Hope for the Future, the American Dream, where we can live in safety, work, raise a family, prosper and have some money in our pockets to enjoy the Freedom our forefathers fought so hard for. The People that are the Soul of America, the backbone are the MAGA types that want to help build a better Society for everyone.

Biden and the Dems are against all of this and that is sad. Who would have ever thought we could have a President that refuses to acknowledge that Open Borders is a negative for us? A President that puts the welfare of Illegal Aliens and Criminals above the Rights of citizens and LEGAL Immigrants?

Biden and the Soul of America..... How many lies will he be telling tonight?

Old 09-03-2022, 01:19 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,129,900 times
President Trump from Pennsylvania 7pm Eastern.

Leave the ZERO and get with the HERO

MAGA

Old 09-03-2022, 01:22 PM

5,069 posts, read 3,969,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Is there any chance Joe, who is a notorious plagiarizer, stole the speech and backdrop themes from an original by Joseph Goebbels?

Old 09-03-2022, 01:25 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,129,900 times
THE ONLY logical reason that I can see for a speech
like that is to prepare if they are ready to arrest Trump or kill him

Old 09-03-2022, 01:32 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,118,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
*As has been proven, he wasn't speaking of the left voting base.

*All? Who was saying "all"? Biden* attacked a good size of the right voting base, he'd also attacked many voters on the left too.

*see the difference?

I'm saying that Trump never attacked the average left voting base, as a whole or in part.
But D's do attack the average voters, no matter whether they are on the right or on the left.

And so that person you're talking about, who flies a few flags, means what to you?

There are people on both sides who fly flags, have bumper stickers, t-shirts, etc., that show their support for or their opposition to, certain political leaders. Some of those items, on both sides, do get pretty nasty.

If you think those on the left aren't doing the same as you described, someone is buying these flags:
https://www.amazon.com/anti-trump-fl...nti+trump+flag

I don't have any pro/anti 'stuff', never had any and never will intentionally purchase any. I don't care if others do, no matter which side they're on. They are simply showing their opinion and I have no problems with it. The only exception to that is I don't care for these things that have F-this that or the other person, and violent images and sayings.
Y'all are sure acting like he is talking about all Republicans. Heaven help us if there are still that many supporters like he was talking about.

I personally hate those particular flags on my street since my kids legit did not know that word before. But they embody a lot of what I've observed over the years from that side of the fence. I know you won't get it at all, but I never felt so uneasy and worried until Trump and no, it's not just mean tweets, though those were far from helpful.

Still wish both parties would die at this point. (Edited: a figurative death, not a literal one, since people apparently seem to think people mean it as killing)

Last edited by latimeria; 09-03-2022 at 02:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies