Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2022, 05:01 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Nope, not going to try to find it.

Please source your claim about mammograms and cancers.

You brought it up. Support it.
It's true. I don't need to source it. /shrug/

Your demands on an anonymous forum are silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2022, 05:10 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
I think we're drifting off topic...

Old 09-08-2022, 05:59 AM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That wasn't vaccine safety information, entirely the opposite.

It was a link posted under a youtube video claiming the vaccine is causing both sudden and excess deaths.

The two sources I carried through into my post were:

1) Excess deaths chart in the UK
2) A graph of vaccine implementation by date in the UK

See folks. This is why responding to a bunch of links is a waste of time, because I went ahead and meaningfully addressed one....and then this absolute break from reality response comes back.

I commented on the points of a youtube video someone challenging the vaccines and repasted their key data and come away accused of pushing govt. propaganda.

Meanwhile you rage about brilliance and being taken seriously. Noted for hilarity.
You haven’t meaningfully addressed a single point in this thread. Your every effort has been focused entirely on refuting anything that conflicts with the views you started out with at the outset of the discussion. This is what is referred to a “confirmation bias”. I would go a step further by pointing out that this is a distinct pattern you have frequently exhibited in previous discussions too.

Face it, and own up to it, you’re a mainstream narrative defender, and you dismiss anything that conflicts with that narrative. So just be confident in your convictions and be honest about it. But just understand that there is another flaw in such forms of logic, relative to the appeal to authority. The first flaw in that way of thinking comes from the assumptions that authorities don’t lie, or cannot be wrong, with both premises being absurd.

Look, we all naturally exhibit a measure of bias if we’ve already formed an opinion about a matter, it’s only when defending that opinion becomes the primary goal, that it becomes problematic. I don’t try to hide the fact that I am firmly and confidently an “anti-vax” person, but I don’t dismiss data that might conflict with my opinions, because I’m far more interested in being accurate than being “right”. Do you think I was born with an anti-vax opinion? That it’s just something in my genetics? Do you think I formed my opinion in a vacuum? It might surprise you to know that my opinions are based on DECADES of research, direct personal experiences, and careful analysis of all of the existing data and opinions from all sides. My opinions aren’t based on an article or two I read somewhere, or formed haphazardly. Whether it involves the subject of medicine, or monetary policy, or anything else, I evaluate all of the information available in forming an opinion, including new information that becomes a available later. If compelling new information emerges, I have no problem changing my mind on a matter, because I don’t want to “believe” anything. I want to “know”.

And this is perhaps the greatest problem plaguing society today in numerous areas … too many people “believing” a lot, while “knowing” very little. And listen carefully … a “belief” is simply a thought you keep thinking over and over. But that does not validate the thought itself. You can just as easily believe something that isn’t true, as something that is, and just believing something doesn’t make it true. That’s why it’s critical to consider ALL information, and not just the information that fits your current beliefs.

You do not do that, and therefore, you limit yourself intellectually, which guarantees you will be no more knowledgeable tomorrow than you were yesterday. This turns ignorance into stupidity, because ignorance is simply a lack of information, while stupidity is either the refusal or inability to learn.

The telltale sign of those who “believe” something instead of knowing, is their constant clamor of demanding sources and links …. what’s the source? Got a link? Oh, that’s an anti-vax source … that’s not worthy of consideration. Oh that’s whacky Alex Jones stuff, yada, yada. Sound familiar? It should, because that’s you!

Confirmation bias, and appeal to authority are the two biggest intellectual traps affecting so many, and keeping them in a perpetual state of ignorance.

How does this relate to the topic being discussed here? Very simple. You’re the self proclaimed “math guy”, right? Well, Mathguy, what are the mathematical odds of 1.4 Million VAERS reports of injuries being false or erroneous reports? What are the odds of 30,000 + death reports being totally coincidental and unrelated to the suspect injections?

Furthermore, how logical is it for the FDA and CDC to implement a surveillance system like VAERS, which was designed specifically to serve as an early warning system for vaccine safety issues, only to dismiss the enormous volume of reports flooding in as unproven? It’s absurd, at face value. It’s like the fire department ignoring a fire alarm, or the police ignoring a burglar alarm.

So, the debate about whether or not there is an excessive amount of deaths occurring over background levels, or denying there are an excessive amount of ‘unexplained” deaths occurring, cannot be considered in a vacuum, or disconnected from the most obvious connection to the vaccines and the excessive amount of deaths reported to VAERS.

Old 09-08-2022, 06:14 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
If Einstein were alive?

I think therefore I am ..........not vaccinated.

Old 09-08-2022, 06:19 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You haven’t meaningfully addressed a single point in this thread. Your every effort has been focused entirely on refuting anything that conflicts with the views you started out with at the outset of the discussion. This is what is referred to a “confirmation bias”. I would go a step further by pointing out that this is a distinct pattern you have frequently exhibited in previous discussions too.

Face it, and own up to it, you’re a mainstream narrative defender, and you dismiss anything that conflicts with that narrative. So just be confident in your convictions and be honest about it. But just understand that there is another flaw in such forms of logic, relative to the appeal to authority. The first flaw in that way of thinking comes from the assumptions that authorities don’t lie, or cannot be wrong, with both premises being absurd.

Look, we all naturally exhibit a measure of bias if we’ve already formed an opinion about a matter, it’s only when defending that opinion becomes the primary goal, that it becomes problematic. I don’t try to hide the fact that I am firmly and confidently an “anti-vax” person, but I don’t dismiss data that might conflict with my opinions, because I’m far more interested in being accurate than being “right”. Do you think I was born with an anti-vax opinion? That it’s just something in my genetics? Do you think I formed my opinion in a vacuum? It might surprise you to know that my opinions are based on DECADES of research, direct personal experiences, and careful analysis of all of the existing data and opinions from all sides. My opinions aren’t based on an article or two I read somewhere, or formed haphazardly. Whether it involves the subject of medicine, or monetary policy, or anything else, I evaluate all of the information available in forming an opinion, including new information that becomes a available later. If compelling new information emerges, I have no problem changing my mind on a matter, because I don’t want to “believe” anything. I want to “know”.

And this is perhaps the greatest problem plaguing society today in numerous areas … too many people “believing” a lot, while “knowing” very little. And listen carefully … a “belief” is simply a thought you keep thinking over and over. But that does not validate the thought itself. You can just as easily believe something that isn’t true, as something that is, and just believing something doesn’t make it true. That’s why it’s critical to consider ALL information, and not just the information that fits your current beliefs.

You do not do that, and therefore, you limit yourself intellectually, which guarantees you will be no more knowledgeable tomorrow than you were yesterday. This turns ignorance into stupidity, because ignorance is simply a lack of information, while stupidity is either the refusal or inability to learn.

The telltale sign of those who “believe” something instead of knowing, is their constant clamor of demanding sources and links …. what’s the source? Got a link? Oh, that’s an anti-vax source … that’s not worthy of consideration. Oh that’s whacky Alex Jones stuff, yada, yada. Sound familiar? It should, because that’s you!

Confirmation bias, and appeal to authority are the two biggest intellectual traps affecting so many, and keeping them in a perpetual state of ignorance.

How does this relate to the topic being discussed here? Very simple. You’re the self proclaimed “math guy”, right? Well, Mathguy, what are the mathematical odds of 1.4 Million VAERS reports of injuries being false or erroneous reports? What are the odds of 30,000 + death reports being totally coincidental and unrelated to the suspect injections?

Furthermore, how logical is it for the FDA and CDC to implement a surveillance system like VAERS, which was designed specifically to serve as an early warning system for vaccine safety issues, only to dismiss the enormous volume of reports flooding in as unproven? It’s absurd, at face value. It’s like the fire department ignoring a fire alarm, or the police ignoring a burglar alarm.

So, the debate about whether or not there is an excessive amount of deaths occurring over background levels, or denying there are an excessive amount of ‘unexplained” deaths occurring, cannot be considered in a vacuum, or disconnected from the most obvious connection to the vaccines and the excessive amount of deaths reported to VAERS.
This is an excellent post.

And the underlying message here is why I stopped providing links.

I found that those who DEMANDED links were the least likely to read them. it was as if they wanted a link for the sole purpose of dismissing it outright. Without reading it. Without watching the video. Without looking at the resources that were embedded in the link that showed additional information.

Just: Give me a link. <provides link> Well that link is terrible. Got another one? <provides another link> Well, that one is even worse. I told you my opinion was right. I know it's right and no link you provide me will ever change my mind.

Old 09-08-2022, 06:28 AM

21,140 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Must be due to climate change or white supremacy.

Old 09-08-2022, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Nope, not going to try to find it.

Please source your claim about mammograms and cancers.

You brought it up. Support it.
There are a couple of significant issues which make mammography problematic, and potentially counterproductive, such as false positives, and unnecessary treatments. But more importantly, the potential to cause cancer, or cause a currently isolated cancer to become metastatic is more concerning.

Firstly, there are many types of radiation and exposures, so it’s erroneous to conflate one type, such as background exposure, with another type, such as targeted exposure from radiographs. That’s the first point. And it is recognized and established that repeated targeted radiation exposure associated with mammograms can cause cancer.

Radiation exposure. Mammograms require very small doses of radiation. The risk of harm from this radiation exposure is low, but repeated x-rays have the potential to cause cancer. Although the potential benefits of mammography nearly always outweigh the potential harm from the radiation exposure, women should talk with their health care providers about the need for each x-ray. In addition, they should always let their health care provider and the x-ray technologist know if there is any possibility that they are pregnant, because radiation can harm a growing fetus.

https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/...ams-fact-sheet

Furthermore, the procedure itself can damage breast tissue, and as well as rupture an existing tumor, allowing cancer cells to metastasize. This issue is similarly related to the counterproductive effects chemotherapy can produce, because less aggressive, slower growing cancer cells are more easily destroyed by the chemotherapy agents, while the more aggressive and faster growing cancer cells are better at surviving. This is hugely problematic because those slower growing cancer cells form around the faster growing cells, as a means of sequestering them, and keeping them from metastasizing. By either killing those sequestering cells with chemical agents, or crushing them, this can free those more aggressive cancer cells from sequestration, allowing them to spread throughout the body.

Mammography Can Rupture Tumors and Spread Malignant Cells
Mammography involves compressing the breasts between two plates in order to spread out the breast tissue for imaging. Today’s mammogram equipment applies 42 pounds of pressure to the breasts. Not surprisingly, this can cause significant pain. However, there is also a serious health risk associated with the compression applied to the breasts. Only 22 pounds of pressure is needed to rupture the encapsulation of a cancerous tumor (14). The amount of pressure involved in a mammography procedure therefore has the potential to rupture existing tumors and spread malignant cells into the bloodstream (15).

https://kresserinstitute.com/the-dow...of-mammograms/

This isn’t breaking news … it’s been known for quite a long time, but such news tends to spread very slowly among those in the medical community, it seems.

But I question why it is necessary for me to inform you of these facts, considering your image here as a learned medical expert.

Old 09-08-2022, 06:56 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Death rate from breast cancer in the US has seen a small but steady decline since 1995.

https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/breast.html

Median survival of untreated breast cancer is about 2.7 years.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10797344/
You have to be very careful with median survival time, since it's also a function of when the cancer is detected.

If the cancer is detected earlier, and there was no improvement to survival time (just cancer was detected earlier) then median survival goes up as we define it as the time from cancer detected to death.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I really wish I knew what to believe.

I don't trust our government because I've seen them peddle narratives on so many issues over the last few years but there's another part of me that wants to go out and get the booster but how can I trust these people they've proven that they're corrupt liars and hypocrites.... Sigh.

Then again I don't trust the right wing rags like natural news either. I have to trust real life experience and my instincts. My instincts tell me they purposely aren't trying to depopulate but they might be sacrificing our safety for all the money they're getting. It's kind of amazing to me that governments have quietly shut up about covid and let people get back to normal without any sort of explanation as to why. Clearly there's things they're not telling us and it's those things that make me not trust them if they were simply candid about their blunders I would be fine with accepting it.

It seems like they can't even get 25% of the population to go along with getting boosters now I wonder what they're going to do this fall to try to force the issue? They're always insulting people's intelligence and that's why I don't trust them just give me all the information good and bad. Stop hiding crap. Just report the news. Don't try to tell me what to think.

For what it's worth the media refuses to acknowledge that it was Donald Trump authorizing operation warp speed that got these vaccines as fast as we did and that's simply another reason I don't trust them because they politicize everything. There's no thank you Donald Trump for giving us these vaccines this fast coming out of their mouths. All I get from them is that he's an authoritarian dictator that wants to destroy democracy and that's utter bullcrap.

Then again many Republicans refuse to acknowledge that it was Donald Trump that ultimately gave us the MRNA vaccines with who he gave the funding too. He called them his vaccines. He said they were safe. Granted Trump never mandated vaccines he always said it was a choice. I think if the establishment wouldn't have tried forcing it on people and simply said take it or not we don't give a crap they might have elicited more volunteers.
I am totally dismayed with Trump continuing to promote the “vaccines”, but it’s a mischaracterization of the situation to blame him for the rollout of this bioweapon. I don’t know what is behind his continued defense of them … ego or complicity, but this was a plan long in the making, and long before Trump even entered politics.

Patent documents reveal that many of these “vaccine” components were created and patented prior to the “discovery” of the so called novel corona virus. This alone proves that the alleged “virus” pandemic was a created crisis, planned in advance.

The reason why this miracle warp speed program managed to create a new vaccine in less than a year, instead of the typical 6,7, 8 years, is because it was already created.

I don’t know if Trump was misled and deceived, and unwilling to admit it, or if he’s a part of it. But there is a murmur among the co-conspirators to pin the blame on him for pressuring the Pharma Cartel into short cutting safety measures to meet unrealistic time tables. Of course, that’s a total fraud, because they’d been working on this for years.

It’s almost impossible to sort out this complex conspiracy, and who knew what and when.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:14 AM

25,749 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
This turns ignorance into stupidity, because ignorance is simply a lack of information, while stupidity is either the refusal or inability to learn.
Your entire post was great, but the above line is a real gem. And it has a LOT to do with why this nation is a dumpster fire right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
This is an excellent post.

And the underlying message here is why I stopped providing links.

I found that those who DEMANDED links were the least likely to read them. it was as if they wanted a link for the sole purpose of dismissing it outright. Without reading it. Without watching the video. Without looking at the resources that were embedded in the link that showed additional information.
Exactly why I don't bother to post links in most cases. At one point I did. But I found that it was generally a waste of time for the very reasons you point out. Someone whose mind is made up and rigid in its resolve could see a thousand legitimate "smoking gun" links and it would make no difference. They would all be either explained away, ignored, or ridiculed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies