Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 11:00 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Looking at table 1:

In both 2020 and 2021 it's attributing most of the excess deaths to Covid and there are fewer excess deaths in 2021.

Kinda hard to infer anything there given the timing of the vaccine roll out and lack of 2022 data.

Basically 2021 is a mixed bag of vaccination.

But regardless, I digress as the claim in this thread is "unknown deaths".
'Unknown deaths' is basically that article out of Alberta, Canada (iirc). They decided to add a new classification 'unknown deaths' in 2019, and this exploded in 2022. I think we have a thread on it.

The excess deaths of 2022, are running about 10-20% above expected (per 5 year average) everywhere. No one knows why exactly. Could it be vaccinations? I think vaccinations play a role, but are not the entire picture. Pandemic measures (delayed hospital care), stress, economic ruin, drug overdoses etc all have their roles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2022, 11:04 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Sponsored by Pfizer...

I know... it's all anecdotal...

Old 09-06-2022, 11:10 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
'Unknown deaths' is basically that article out of Alberta, Canada (iirc). They decided to add a new classification 'unknown deaths' in 2019, and this exploded in 2022. I think we have a thread on it.

The excess deaths of 2022, are running about 10-20% above expected (per 5 year average) everywhere. No one knows why exactly. Could it be vaccinations? I think vaccinations play a role, but are not the entire picture. Pandemic measures (delayed hospital care), stress, economic ruin, drug overdoses etc all have their roles.
Thanks for the info, good post.

I don't rule out the vaccines.

I completely agree that there are other factors and even warned about them back in 2020 as arguments not to shut down the economy and country. (I repeatedly brought this up in the threads on this forum but nope, had to have shut downs instead of just having the vulnerable stay to themselves.)

It wasn't original thinking, I remembered the studies after Hurricane Katrina and all of the "downstream" deaths of people losing their homes, businesses etc. leading to heart attacks, overdoses, suicides etc.

The death toll from Katrina was vastly higher than just those that drowned.

Old 09-06-2022, 11:15 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I was wondering when the first "attack the messenger" post would show up. Now that you've attacked the presenter, how about discussing the presented? Sunspots?
I had no idea what the point of that post was. Most of us are well-aware of who Mark Steyn is and are equally aware that he is one of the smartest guys in all of media.

If there's an attack there, I'd say it is only understood by brain-dead leftist zombies.

Old 09-06-2022, 11:28 AM

15,094 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Ok, I checked his list of links and here is the summary:

1) Top part is about "sudden deaths" so kept scrolling down

2) Bottom part is "excess deaths"

This is essentially his key source.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrI...Y2NiIsImMiOjh9

As you can see there were a lot of excess deaths up until about March-2021 then it's been pretty tame up and down, nothing really glaring. At that point <30% had one dose in the UK and about 1% were fully vaccinated. So speaking only for the UK, it would appear that their surge in excess deaths ended around the time the vaccines were ramping up but you can see for yourselves in the two charts.

https://www.google.com/search?q=covi...client=gws-wiz

3) He doesn't mention deaths with "unknown causes"
Fifth-largest U.S. life insurer reports 163% rise in 2021 death-benefit payouts for working-age clients

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/fi...g-age-clients/

Excess deaths more prominent among those who took third and fourth covid shots

https://vaccinedeaths.com/2022-08-31...vid-shots.html

Why Are All-Cause Excess Deaths in the Under-45s So Much Higher This Year Than at the Height of the Pandemic?

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/08/15/...-the-pandemic/

Shock report shows huge excess death increase in 2022 - but it's not all because of Covid with heart attacks, strokes and youth suicide all skyrocketing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...re-report.html

Old 09-06-2022, 11:38 AM

3,337 posts, read 2,140,399 times
Quote:
Ok, I checked his list of links and here is the summary:

1) Top part is about "sudden deaths" so kept scrolling down

2) Bottom part is "excess deaths"

This is essentially his key source.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrI...Y2NiIsImMiOjh9

As you can see there were a lot of excess deaths up until about March-2021 then it's been pretty tame up and down, nothing really glaring. At that point <30% had one dose in the UK and about 1% were fully vaccinated. So speaking only for the UK, it would appear that their surge in excess deaths ended around the time the vaccines were ramping up but you can see for yourselves in the two charts.

https://www.google.com/search?q=covi...client=gws-wiz

3) He doesn't mention deaths with "unknown causes"
Thanks, I appreciate it. Statista has excess deaths through the end of August/2022 if you're interested: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...20and%20Wales. I guess the question there is what the explanation is for the number of excess deaths from March through present-day, be it something ominous or merely an artifact resulting from pandemic data collection. I mean, we're pretty sure many people had undetected and/or untreated disease these past 2.5 years, so I wonder how that factors in. *shrugs*

Now, if the assertion is that these are all from the covid vaccines, I'm certainly skeptical to put it mildly.

On the other hand, that doesn't necessarily mean the potential risks haven't been downplayed in the press. JAMA, medrxiv, and Nature have all reported above-expected adverse vaccine reactions (primarily in younger males), but I've not seen any data suggesting there's the "massive" danger signal that some proclaim exists but seem incapable of producing from anything other than via obscure sites. It's worth pointing out, however, the seemingly total absence of good prospective studies on the matter, while there are plenty of retrospective studies. That's a bit weird given that we're dealing with a novel virus along with novel vaccine platforms and treatments.

I'm also concerned that so many people continue to insist that previous vaccination provides little efficacy against new infection when there's a panoply of data demonstrating otherwise, not the least of which I mentioned here: //www.city-data.com/forum/64090326-post142.html

Anywho, getting off on a tangent now. I have no idea about this 'death from unknown causes' thing, or a 'radical uptick in Sudden Adult Death Syndrome.' If there's something to it I'd certainly be willing to have a look because, well, who wouldn't want to know. After all, it's not as though we aren't regularly being gaslit from all over the information spectrum.

Best regards.

Old 09-06-2022, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Fifth-largest U.S. life insurer reports 163% rise in 2021 death-benefit payouts for working-age clients

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/fi...g-age-clients/

Excess deaths more prominent among those who took third and fourth covid shots

https://vaccinedeaths.com/2022-08-31...vid-shots.html

Why Are All-Cause Excess Deaths in the Under-45s So Much Higher This Year Than at the Height of the Pandemic?

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/08/15/...-the-pandemic/

Shock report shows huge excess death increase in 2022 - but it's not all because of Covid with heart attacks, strokes and youth suicide all skyrocketing

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...re-report.html
If you don't want to discuss the UK data that is first sources then fine but chucking a bevy of links from right wing anti-vax sites is showing you're unable to have a conversation.

Old 09-06-2022, 12:20 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
If you don't want to discuss the UK data that is first sources then fine but chucking a bevy of links from right wing anti-vax sites is showing you're unable to have a conversation.
Do you only look at the reporter?

Or do you actually try to look for facts?

I used to think you were a level headed poster, now not so much.

Do you really think the Sponsored By Pfizer MSM is going to give you wholly unbiased information regarding the vaccines?

Old 09-06-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Thanks, I appreciate it. Statista has excess deaths through the end of August/2022 if you're interested: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...20and%20Wales. I guess the question there is what the explanation is for the number of excess deaths from March through present-day, be it something ominous or merely an artifact resulting from pandemic data collection. I mean, we're pretty sure many people had undetected and/or untreated disease these past 2.5 years, so I wonder how that factors in. *shrugs*

Now, if the assertion is that these are all from the covid vaccines, I'm certainly skeptical to put it mildly.

On the other hand, that doesn't necessarily mean the potential risks haven't been downplayed in the press. JAMA, medrxiv, and Nature have all reported above-expected adverse vaccine reactions (primarily in younger males), but I've not seen any data suggesting there's the "massive" danger signal that some proclaim exists but seem incapable of producing from anything other than via obscure sites. It's worth pointing out, however, the seemingly total absence of good prospective studies on the matter, while there are plenty of retrospective studies. That's a bit weird given that we're dealing with a novel virus along with novel vaccine platforms and treatments.

I'm also concerned that so many people continue to insist that previous vaccination provides little efficacy against new infection when there's a panoply of data demonstrating otherwise, not the least of which I mentioned here: //www.city-data.com/forum/64090326-post142.html

Anywho, getting off on a tangent now. I have no idea about this 'death from unknown causes' thing, or a 'radical uptick in Sudden Adult Death Syndrome.' If there's something to it I'd certainly be willing to have a look because, well, who wouldn't want to know. After all, it's not as though we aren't regularly being gaslit from all over the information spectrum.

Best regards.
I don't disagree with any of that.

Most of my entertainment value in a lot of threads is trying to spot where someone is trying to present things in a skewed manner via cherry picking, mis-representation or a host of other data shenanigans.

Old 09-06-2022, 12:31 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
But the proof is in the ones whose integrity couldn’t be purchased, and their conscience wouldn’t allow them to kill people for a paycheck of any amount. Those are the hundreds …. yes hundreds, if not thousands of whistle blowers who quit and have come forward to testify to what they witnessed taking place in these death camps posing as hospitals.
I'm an introvert and not at all a social person, and even at that, I personally know of at least a dozen nurses, doctors, and medical professionals who either outright quit, took an early retirement, or were terminated over this vaccine issue. Either they were not willing to take it themselves or were not willing to force others to take it. One of them now works at a local farmer's market. If I were in that position, I'd have done the same.

And at the time, I was ready to quit my job as soon as the mandate was issued. Luckily it never was. The main reason it wasn't is because my institution's leadership discovered that around thirty to forty percent of the workforce would have not shown up for work the next day. They were not willing to take that hit. The place would have de facto shut down. You don't readily replace PhDs by looking at State Workforce Services "available" postings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies