Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 04:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlusting View Post
It's funny, I was at my mother's house the other day and I came across some old issues of Time and Newsweek from the 1990s. Both had editorials stating that Saddam was a serious threat and that he should be removed by force. Oh yeah, Bill Clinton said that too..
Not only did Bill Clinton say it, but he signed into law the bill that gave Bush the authorization to seek war by changing the US policy to overthrowing the Iraqi government.

Amy Proctor - Blog - Clinton Signed 'Iraq Liberation Act' Into Law*1998 (http://amyproctor.squarespace.com/blog/2007/1/18/clinton-signed-iraq-liberation-act-into-law-1998.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 06:00 PM

994 posts, read 1,544,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not only did Bill Clinton say it, but he signed into law the bill that gave Bush the authorization to seek war by changing the US policy to overthrowing the Iraqi government.

Amy Proctor - Blog - Clinton Signed 'Iraq Liberation Act' Into Law*1998 (http://amyproctor.squarespace.com/blog/2007/1/18/clinton-signed-iraq-liberation-act-into-law-1998.html - broken link)
Bill Clinton did not lie us into a war in Iraq, Bush did.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:02 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:

Maybe we should prosecute Bill Clinton for murdering his wife's candidacy.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
President Bush HAS committed impeachable offenses by wiretapping innocent civilians without warrants, skirting the Geneva Conventions and lying about both.
Care to cite some examples? How do you know he wiretapped "innocents"?

Geneva conventions? Oh, you mean the "torture" thing. I have NO PROBLEM putting terrorists under the same interrogation techniques that are applied to some of our soldiers. Or worse.

The fact is, three terrorists involved in the 9/11 attack were subjected to this technique. Guess what? It worked and supplied actionable intelligence that we were able to act on.

When did "W" lie about either one?

And I believe after the wiretapping case made it's way through the courts, didn't congress "fix" it? So I guess they are engaged in illegalities as well. Clinton certainly was.

Byron York on Bill Clinton & No-Warrant Searches on National Review Online (http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200512200946.asp - broken link)

Quote:
"The Department of Justice believes, and the case law supports, that the president has inherent authority to conduct warrantless physical searches for foreign intelligence purposes," Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee on July 14, 1994, "and that the President may, as has been done, delegate this authority to the Attorney General."

"It is important to understand," Gorelick continued, "that the rules and methodology for criminal searches are inconsistent with the collection of foreign intelligence and would unduly frustrate the president in carrying out his foreign intelligence responsibilities."
I'd like to know - where you whining and wailing then? Of course not - there was a DEMOCRAT in the WH.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
Bill Clinton did not lie us into a war in Iraq, Bush did.
Only a Democrat can response with Clinton didnt lie to use, but Bush did.. especially considering that they said the EXACT same thing. Please list the lies...

Old 05-26-2008, 07:32 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado native View Post

Are you 12 and joining us via text message? Are you REALLY rolling on the floor?

Thanks for the laugh!!!!

Old 05-26-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'd like to know - where you whining and wailing then? Of course not - there was a DEMOCRAT in the WH.
I think thats the funniest thing about the people crying about the actions of Bush.

A Republican president using the laws created by a Democrat and they all start crying, but none of them had an issue when Clinton was writing, or using the laws that Clinton created by executive orders, without Congressional input.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
he certainly should have been impeached for his role in misleading the American people into war.
Not to mention that more money was spent investigating Bill Clinton's sex scandal than on the World Trade Center bombing.
In short, we should have had a new president long before this election, and I certainly don't mean Dick Cheney.
He is just as rotten as the big man himself. And this should not go away after he is no longer president.
This investigation and possible prosecution should continue until true justice is served. We can't let him just get away with the things he has been party to.
All that will do is reinforce the elite attitude that they can do whatever they want and have no repercussions.
Seek the real truth, and if he is innocent, then good. If he is not, then punish him just as you would me if I committed a crime.

I say we impeach the following!
Starting with Bill in 1998 before president Bush was in office!
Bill Clinton
Hillary
Madeleine Albright
Biden
Edwards

http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv (broken link)

Old 05-26-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

I say we impeach the following!
Starting with Bill in 1998 before president Bush was in office!
Bill Clinton
Hillary
Madeleine Albright
Biden
Edwards

http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv (broken link)
Lets not forget 1/2 of Congress...

Old 05-26-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Lets not forget 1/2 of Congress...
Yeah.... No Sh*t!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies