Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 10:13 AM

8,272 posts, read 8,662,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I don't think I have ever see such a coordinated effort to take someone (and his family down). Banana Republic Style.
When they act like banana republic dictators they should be taken down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 10:14 AM

10,484 posts, read 7,014,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
I never understood any of the tax or financial claims because people like Trump are audited by the IRS like every two years so if he had done something illegal he’d have been caught years ago
Trump is clean as whistle when it comes to tax compliance. The only gray area that exists, and this a gray area for every business, every public company (and private) and every business that follows GAAP is asset valuation. Trump followed IRS and US GAAP, the NY Attorney is contesting the asset valuations, coming up with subjective arguments that they were incorrect. The courts (easily) ruled in Trump favor.

My question is how can they sue civilly? The witch hunt continues...

Old 09-21-2022, 10:16 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,250,038 times
Surely, NOW they've got him!

I've never seen such a pathetic witch hunt in my life.

The leftists are blind to the fact that they have destroyed every ounce of credibility they've ever had.

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I don't think I have ever see such a coordinated effort to take someone (and his family down). Banana Republic Style.
Until now, I don't think I have ever seen one person who lived a life of so many white collar crimes.

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times
Because one liberal makes a claim, all liberals will believe the claim.

6,993 posts, read 2,713,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
This has been a while in coming. Guess Trump will just have to prove that he hasn't over or under inflated values to get what he wants. If he has, it's called fraud and is illegal. A lawsuit wouldn't have been filed without evidence. Just a few days ago Trump was trying to settle with Ms. James.
People can't appraise the value of their own property. She is barking up the wrong tree.

Old 09-21-2022, 10:17 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Trump is clean as whistle when it comes to tax compliance. The only gray area that exists, and this a gray area for every business, every public company (and private) and every business that follows GAAP is asset valuation. Trump followed IRS and US GAAP, the NY Attorney is contesting the asset valuations, coming up with subjective arguments that they were incorrect. The courts (easily) ruled in Trump favor.

My question is how can they sue civilly? The witch hunt continues...
Then why did he refuse to disclose them, the way he promised he would if he was elected? If they were "clean as a whistle" it would seem like he would want to show that. The fact that he didn't kind of belies your supposition.

Old 09-21-2022, 10:20 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Disputes over how much he and his accountants valued the Trump Tower, apartments inside, and other such stuff.

The purpose is, of course, aside from getting money from him, to arrange it so they can scream "Look, he's being sued by everyone!" just before the midterm elections so that anyone he backs will be tarnished.

Democrats have been running a full-court press against him (and losing) since he came down the escalator in 2015.

Old 09-21-2022, 10:20 AM

10,484 posts, read 7,014,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Then why did he refuse to disclose them, the way he promised he would if he was elected? If they were "clean as a whistle" it would seem like he would want to show that. The fact that he didn't kind of belies your supposition.
Just about every breath Trump takes is scrutinized by the left, and full of false allegation and lies. Why would Trump disclose the information?

Old 09-21-2022, 10:23 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Just about every breath Trump takes is scrutinized by the left, and full of false allegation and lies. Why would Trump disclose the information?
Because he promised he would? Why would he say he would and then renege on that promise? Because he never had any intention of following through. And you fell for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies