Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2022, 12:32 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I have no idea. I've never worked in criminal law.
no, just as an everyday American. Think about it, ruminate for a minute.

She's been at this 3.5 years. The NYC AG was at it for 3 years. The new Black NYC AG basically said "shut this down".

So how, in 3.5 years, has she never shared any evidence of fraud, or something that WOULD be a federal charge, with federal prosecutors until after filing a civil suit?

If you thought you were going to need to recoup $250MM from him, when do you think you would have done it? Maybe when he sold the old Post Office and netted more than $250MM? I mean, if Trump is just flat out a fraud and broke (as CD Dems and the NYT have told us for 3 years or more), II think I'd be getting what I could when I could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 12:34 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
the IRS missed $250MM worth? Interesting.

They got him now

Old 09-21-2022, 12:34 PM

25,457 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
so why didn’t she? because she has nothing. trump has already been thoroughly investigated by the feds. as
for tax code, i am 100% sure most people have broken tax code. i don’t wish that irs starts investigating anyone who has ever had a garage sale or babysitters. i know you are an upstanding individual who really cares about tax codes and probably know them all by heart. do you read what you sign when you submit your taxes?
I don't dare to even hazard a guess as to the progression of this case. We can speculate all we want, but the facts of her case are set out in her 222 page lawsuit. You can read it if you wish.

I will say that the IRS does and has audited common people. It happens.

Not sure why you are asking if I read what I sign on my taxes, but yes I do.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
you would think after years of being gaslighted by costly investigations and the Mueller Report you would learn by now. but i guess the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.
These court cases are anything but gaslighting. But okay, whatever helps.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:37 PM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
I must say if I hear another prosecutor or judge say "no one is above the law", I'm gonna lose it. It is obvious that is not true. Here we go again with volumes of evidence and testimony about this dirtbag's dealings knowing full well nothing will ever become of it because of our court systems that favor rich people who can pay lawyers to jam the gears of justice until it no longer moves. While Trump is the most notorious example of escaping justice, all across the country, politicians and corporate CEOs and entertainment celebrities are getting away with crimes that would put Joe Sixpack in prison for years in a matter of weeks. Two justice systems - it is just sickening.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:38 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times
Trump lashes out in furious rant against New York attorney general over major lawsuit

Donald Trump has lashed out in a furious rant against New York Attorney General Letitia James after she announced a major lawsuit against him and three of his children.

The former president responded on Truth Social, writing, “another Witch Hunt by a racist Attorney General, Letitia James, who failed in her run for Governor, getting almost zero support from the public, and now is doing poorly against Law & Order AG candidate, highly respected Michael Henry”.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...c92fc8622f024d

Old 09-21-2022, 12:40 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,098,694 times
Trump cites the New York Times as a news source for his latest "Truth".

@realDonaldTrump
The New York Times: “Her (Peekaboo James) case against him could be difficult to prove. Property valuations are often subjective, and the financial statements include a (very strong) disclaimer.” Thank you!

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump

Old 09-21-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Trump lashes out in furious rant against New York attorney general over major lawsuit

Donald Trump has lashed out in a furious rant against New York Attorney General Letitia James after she announced a major lawsuit against him and three of his children.

The former president responded on Truth Social, writing, “another Witch Hunt by a racist Attorney General, Letitia James, who failed in her run for Governor, getting almost zero support from the public, and now is doing poorly against Law & Order AG candidate, highly respected Michael Henry”.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...c92fc8622f024d
Except witch hunts don't hold up in court, lol. He's so mouthy. Instead of castigating everyone around him, why doesn't he take responsibility for his wrongdoings for once in his life?

Old 09-21-2022, 12:42 PM

8,772 posts, read 5,065,317 times
Never say die Won`t change my mind in the least.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:45 PM

18,115 posts, read 15,690,551 times
Why are some so determined not to look at the receipts -- the actual legal document filed today?

It's there in B&W, no need to do the hand-waving thing, denying there's a pending civil case. This is between the ex-P and his home state of NY, I don't know why it's such a shock, considering the ex-CFO of his NY-based organization committed fraud, plead guilty to it, and is now in prison.

Was it not clear fraud was committed at ex-P's organization, and was it not obvious that might well involve the ex-P? A guy known for decades for defrauding people is accused of committing fraud, ZOMG who could imagine such a thing?

In fact, I remember a conversation with my VP back in the late aughts about Trump. VP was into real estate and was originally from NY. I remember him talking about some deals involving Trump (not involving the VP though, he'd never met the Donald) he found very interesting at the time. I had no idea what it involved, just that he was kind of into Trump back then and some allegations were floating around NYC even way back then. This isn't a new thing with Trump -- his biz dealings raised eyebrows even decades ago, long before most people here ever heard of him.

Read the document filed, or even just the first 10 pages or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies