Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2022, 12:18 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
You're ok with tax fraud which makes the rest of the people pay more than their fair share?

Let's wait and let the courts decide the suit. We'll see is Trump 'wins easily'.
you may ask yourself, how did Trump commit IRS tax fraud based upon the valuation of a property?

Tell you what, get the NYT and the NY AG to buzz me. For $40MM, I'll tell them what they DO have on Trump that's of possible value.

Because "Mar-a-lago is worth $1 bazeelyun dollars!" ain't it. Unless - UNLESS! - on his taxes he claimed he paid property taxes (and got the Federal deduction) for a bazeelyun $ property but really only paid on say a $20MM valuation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 12:18 PM

25,460 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I'm sure you were front and center when Becky Obama and Eric Holder were breaking laws.....laws were broken, but, did anything happen to the two that broke the laws?

Yes, our president and AG were running guns.

And people died.

This is how we got here, whether you want to admit it or not.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspi...h=7bc1de49752a
And this has to do with the $250M lawsuit against Trump and his family how? I'm sure what you are talking about has been addressed on other threads.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
She said she would be referring this case to federal prosecutors and the IRS for any criminal charges.
https://www.axios.com/2022/09/21/tru...rral-fraud-irs

So, what were you saying?
you might say to yourself, don't you think she would have given criminal prosecutors enough information already such that they would be ready to also file a lawsuit?

Old 09-21-2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you may ask yourself, how did Trump commit IRS tax fraud based upon the valuation of a property?

Tell you what, get the NYT and the NY AG to buzz me. For $40MM, I'll tell them what they DO have on Trump that's of possible value.

Because "Mar-a-lago is worth $1 bazeelyun dollars!" ain't it. Unless - UNLESS! - on his taxes he claimed he paid property taxes (and got the Federal deduction) for a bazeelyun $ property but really only paid on say a $20MM valuation.
I guess the IRS will have to parse that out since James will be referring the criminal aspects of this case to them.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:20 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,041,292 times
Quote:
The allegations she has set out are pretty compelling. Of course we all know this has to play out in the justice system, but it's looking a bit rough for Trump, et al. right now.
I'm sure many land developers in NY have played with the numbers when it comes to appraised values of properties. The question is if Trump simply fudged the numbers a bit (what most developers do) are was he way outside of the parameters. James is claiming that Trump listed one property at 30,000 sq ft while the actual size was 11,000 sq ft. There is no way to defend this if this infact true.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you might say to yourself, don't you think she would have given criminal prosecutors enough information already such that they would be ready to also file a lawsuit?
I have no idea. I've never worked in criminal law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Then why did he refuse to disclose them, the way he promised he would if he was elected? If they were "clean as a whistle" it would seem like he would want to show that. The fact that he didn't kind of belies your supposition.
interesting that, since NY has had his tax returns for 2 years now, they haven't found any fraud in them. Even more amazingly, it doesn't sound like mention of his Federal tax returns make any appearance in the lawsuit.

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Quote:
She said she would be referring this case to federal prosecutors and the IRS for any criminal charges.
https://www.axios.com/2022/09/21/tru...rral-fraud-irs

So, what were you saying?
so why didn’t she? because she has nothing. trump has already been thoroughly investigated by the feds. as
for tax code, i am 100% sure most people have broken tax code. i don’t wish that irs starts investigating anyone who has ever had a garage sale or babysitters. i know you are an upstanding individual who really cares about tax codes and probably know them all by heart. do you read what you sign when you submit your taxes?

Old 09-21-2022, 12:30 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,191,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I wish Trump can sue these wicked Democrats for harassment and persecution. I would love to see him win.
He already did and lost.

Quote:
NEW YORK – New York Attorney General Letitia James today released the following statement after President Donald Trump’s lawsuit against her over New York’s TRUST Act was dismissed outright by District Judge Carl J. Nichols in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia:
https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019...ainst-ag-james

Old 09-21-2022, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I'm sure many land developers in NY have played with the numbers when it comes to appraised values of properties. The question is if Trump simply fudged the numbers a bit (what most developers do) are was he way outside of the parameters. James is claiming that Trump listed one property at 30,000 sq ft while the actual size was 11,000 sq ft. There is no way to defend this if this infact true.
Her allegations are quite stunning on how he determined valuations for different properties. 222 pages worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies