Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2022, 02:00 PM

10,488 posts, read 7,019,483 times

Advertisements

Last time NY AG put a criminal charges on him, Trump made out with +1,000,000. God certainly is on his side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 02:01 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Cohen, the guy who got himself arrested and put in prison? LOL

The AG needs to recuse herself. She began her first day in office promising to target Trump and have him arrested. She had a clear agenda of bias, and needs to recuse herself. This will all be another big nothing. You all thought you had him when the government carried out a 3-year $50 million Russian collusion investigation that was based on lies and a paid informant. How many times can you keep falling for the same scam?
This case will be based on cold hard numbers, financial documents etc.

If she lies/spins, uses informants(i.e. witnesses aware of Trumps actions), or other paid expert opinions, the jury can disregard all of that and look solely at the cold hard numbers.

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
You mean facts like claiming his personal condo in Trump tower is 30,000 square feet instead of 11,000?

Because that's in there.
In what context?

As I said -- none of us have all the details.

I suspect if there was solid proof of misinformation, it isn't just the AG of New York that would be pursuing this.

Banks can default on loans, assign penalties, etc........

I will hold off.

Everytime there is a 'gotcha' moment for this guy it fizzles.

25,116 posts, read 16,229,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't dare to even hazard a guess as to the progression of this case. We can speculate all we want, but the facts of her case are set out in her 222 page lawsuit. You can read it if you wish.

I will say that the IRS does and has audited common people. It happens.

Not sure why you are asking if I read what I sign on my taxes, but yes I do.
Surely you've read and digested all 222 pages in ~ 2 hours.

2,002 posts, read 763,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
You mean facts like claiming his personal condo in Trump tower is 30,000 square feet instead of 11,000?

Because that's in there.
That’s a comment in a 200 page lawsuit.

That doesn’t make it a fact.

Old 09-21-2022, 02:06 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Trump blows lots of hot air. And most of the time he's just talking. Him bragging he has a bigger condo than he does , does NOT translate to reporting on any official document that the condo is that size for any valuation.

They would have to have a signed document where square footage is overstated.

I'm not saying he didn't overstate values.....mmmm -- he wouldn't be the first or last.

Again --- let's see where this goes.....

Old 09-21-2022, 02:20 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The more they harass Trump, the more sympathy he will gain. The more sympathy he gains, the greater the influx of campaign donations.

You see, many people will imagine "What if I were in his place?" They will empathize with him. So, let the Dems continue on this path of destruction.

Also, NY should hang on to that money to support their influx of "new" citizens to their sanctuary city. Once you get a few, others rapidly follow!
Seriously?

Most people are not engaged in crime.

The ones who are engaged in white collar crime like defrauding a bank, shady real estate transactions, or cheating on taxes know very well what could happen to them. They think they won't be caught either because they rationalize that everyone does it or because their accountant told them so. Additionally, like all criminals they usually think they are smarter than the average bear until that hubris trips them up.

Old 09-21-2022, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Trump cites the New York Times as a news source for his latest "Truth".

@realDonaldTrump
The New York Times: “Her (Peekaboo James) case against him could be difficult to prove. Property valuations are often subjective, and the financial statements include a (very strong) disclaimer.” Thank you!

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump
yeah, that's what I quoted without any commentary on James or the strength of the disclaimer.

Old 09-21-2022, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Why are some so determined not to look at the receipts -- the actual legal document filed today?

It's there in B&W, no need to do the hand-waving thing, denying there's a pending civil case. This is between the ex-P and his home state of NY, I don't know why it's such a shock, considering the ex-CFO of his NY-based organization committed fraud, plead guilty to it, and is now in prison.

Was it not clear fraud was committed at ex-P's organization, and was it not obvious that might well involve the ex-P? A guy known for decades for defrauding people is accused of committing fraud, ZOMG who could imagine such a thing?

well, he's not in prison. He's got 5 months waiting for him AFTER the Trump Organization lawsuit.

Of course this long-term action "might well involve". That's a chance, a possibility.

Old 09-21-2022, 02:43 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,226,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump blows lots of hot air. And most of the time he's just talking. Him bragging he has a bigger condo than he does , does NOT translate to reporting on any official document that the condo is that size for any valuation.

They would have to have a signed document where square footage is overstated.

I'm not saying he didn't overstate values.....mmmm -- he wouldn't be the first or last.

Again --- let's see where this goes.....
They do have that.

Quote:
The details involving the Trump Tower Triplex were unveiled by James during an update on the investigation into claims the Trump Organization fraudulently valued multiple assets to achieve economic benefits such as bigger bank loans.

In a statement, James gave an example of how Trump allegedly valued his triplex apartment at $327 million in 2015 and 2016 financial statements, based on claims it was 30,000 square feet in size.

However, the actual size of Trump's triplex apartment was 10,996 square feet.

In 2017, Trump's financial statement changed the value of the property yet again, stating it was worth $116.8 million and for the first time revealing it was only 10,996.39 square feet in size.

As noted by James' office, longtime Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg previously testified to them that the value of Trump's apartment had been overstated by "give or take" $200 million.
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-tower...-james-1670655
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies