Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2022, 12:10 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
you know darn well what i am talking about. the constant claim that democrats are the party of law and order is laughable
Yet this has nothing to do with the Dem party. It has to do with laws being broken. What's laughable is that people are upset with the rule of law in action when they should be upset with the person who broke that law. But this is where we are now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I don't know if Trump is guilty or not but do know you guys know as much about this case as I do. You have no idea if he his guilty or not.
The allegations she has set out are pretty compelling. Of course we all know this has to play out in the justice system, but it's looking a bit rough for Trump, et al. right now.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:12 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
They musta missed something. And if he's done nothing wrong, that will come out too.
the IRS missed $250MM worth? Interesting.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
the IRS missed $250MM worth? Interesting.
I have no idea what the role of the IRS was in all this. I'm not versed in white collar crime.

She did say she would be referring this case to federal prosecutors and the IRS for a criminal investigation though.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:14 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
How would they discover he was lying about the details of his property each year? An audit does not catch that.
you may ask yourself, what does Trump's personal financial statement, or an unaudited financial statement of the Trump Organization, have to do with committing fraud?

Old 09-21-2022, 12:14 PM

7,385 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Quote:
Yet this has nothing to do with the Dem party. It has to do with laws being broken. What's laughable is that people are upset with the rule of law in action when they should be upset with the person who broke that law. But this is where we are now.
again, civil not criminal. if a law was broken it would be a criminal charge. you clearly have no idea what you are talking about and can not look at things with an objective mind

Old 09-21-2022, 12:16 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
They have him now.
Tissue James still trying and crying to get him. Such an entertaining gal.

Quote:
again, civil not criminal. if a law was broken it would be a criminal charge. you clearly have no idea what you are talking about and can not look at things with an objective mind
Bingo

8,016 posts, read 5,863,789 times
Quote:
I'm sure you were front and center when Becky Obama and Eric Holder were breaking laws.....laws were broken, but, did anything happen to the two that broke the laws?

Yes, our president and AG were running guns.

And people died.

This is how we got here, whether you want to admit it or not.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/realspi...h=7bc1de49752a

5,044 posts, read 2,402,469 times
Who would have thought that the greatest Presid3nt to ever live since the days of Honest Abe would ever exaggerate about his wealth? Even when I liked Trump I figured he was talking crap about his worth. Like many others I wondered why he wouldn't just show us how wealthy he really is. The raid made me look at Mar A Lago for example and that place is really not all that great. I have walked by Trump tower a few times and it really isn't anything exceptional. It's not like some kind of landmark. I would be shocked if he is actually a billionaire on paper.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
She said she would be referring this case to federal prosecutors and the IRS for any criminal charges.
https://www.axios.com/2022/09/21/tru...rral-fraud-irs

So, what were you saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies