Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2022, 11:52 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,264,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
I thought that the acts were pretty blatant:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/09...e3ca26e5165d64
I'll find that snippet, but in the meantime ...

Quote:
Yet her case against him could be difficult to prove. Property valuations are often subjective, and the financial statements include a disclaimer that they have not been audited. And at a trial, his lawyers will most likely emphasize that Deutsche Bank and his other lenders were hardly victims; all of his loans are either current or were paid off, some early.
"could be difficult"....uhh, she's been at this for 3+ years.

If a Bank didn't lend him money based upon some pie-in-the-sky, even recently disputable (like a mentioned Bank appraisal) value, then no Bank was defrauded.

If an insurer based his coverage - enough to get defrauded out of $1MM somehow - on his personal financial statement, and then PAID him for a claim on that without an adjuster looking at the loss, then that would be fraud.

Last edited by BoBromhal; 09-21-2022 at 12:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 11:53 AM

25,456 posts, read 9,856,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
likewise, I can't think of any other group in american history that is as hateful as the leftists and their beloved swamp politicians. Hatred against liberty, hatred against the constitution, hatred against republicans and conservatives, hatred against small government, hatred of states rights and finally....hatred of America.
So prosecuting someone who breaks laws and commits fraud is anti-American and anti-Constitution? If he hadn't committed fraud, she wouldn't have filed this suit against him. Why can't people blame the person whose fault it is? He's not the victim. He's the perpetrator of the crime.

Old 09-21-2022, 11:55 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,233,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I wish Trump can sue these wicked Democrats for harassment and persecution. I would love to see him win.
He tried, it was tossed out of court last week for being without any merit. The lawyers were threatened with sanctions for submitting such a stupid lawsuit.

Old 09-21-2022, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
They do file lawsuits against their political enemies though. Weaponizing DoJ, DAs, Judges, etc. THAT is how the court system works in a biased and corrupt administration.
Courts don't accept filings of lawsuits against political enemies. That's not how it works. Her filing is over 200 pages long and contains the allegations against him. Maybe you'd like to read it.

Old 09-21-2022, 11:57 AM

6,762 posts, read 3,387,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
A lawsuit wouldn't have been filed without evidence.
Dear Jesus, you don't actually believe that do you?

The liberals have been coming after Trump for years, and when it doesn't work out, they just make up something else.

They don't need evidence. All they need is a liberal grand jury to indict on whatever the D.A. tells them.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Dear Jesus, you don't actually believe that do you?

The liberals have been coming after Trump for years, and when it doesn't work out, they just make up something else.

They don't need evidence. All they need is a liberal grand jury to indict on whatever the D.A. tells them.
I think when you file a lawsuit you have to set out the allegations. It's not a matter of "because I said so."

Old 09-21-2022, 12:03 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,986,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Nothing is proven yet, you are saying he's guilty before the facts have come forth. More witch hunt nonsense from the never-Trumpers who think "We got him now!". LOL
Weisselberg, who was Trump's CFO, already pled guilty to the same or related crimes. The evidence is there.

Prior to that, Cohen, Trump's ex-lawyer who already served time, explained the fraud scheme quite clearly.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:05 PM

6,831 posts, read 14,070,399 times
I don't know if Trump is guilty or not but do know you guys know as much about this case as I do. You have no idea if he his guilty or not.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:06 PM

7,481 posts, read 3,611,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So prosecuting someone who breaks laws and commits fraud is anti-American and anti-Constitution? If he hadn't committed fraud, she wouldn't have filed this suit against him. Why can't people blame the person whose fault it is? He's not the victim. He's the perpetrator of the crime.
you know darn well what i am talking about. the constant claim that democrats are the party of law and order is laughable

the cases brought to trump is civil, not criminal

Old 09-21-2022, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
Unless they find something new, the evidence is an opinion, not hard evidence. Do you watch it from the beginning? NY AG believes Trump over est. his name "TRUMP".
Did you read her filing and what she alleging? This isn't an opinion piece.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies