Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 01:30 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,980,279 times

Advertisements

Yet another conspiracy that has turned out to be true:

Quote:
The data showed that vaccinated people got their periods 0.71 days late, on average, after the first dose of vaccine. However, people who received two vaccinations within one menstrual cycle experienced greater disruptions. In this group, the average increase in cycle length was four days, and 13 percent experienced a delay of eight days or more, compared with 5 percent in the control group.

One major limitation of the study is the fact that it included only those who were not on birth control, had regular cycles before getting vaccinated and were between the ages of 18 and 45.

The study also didn’t answer all of the*questions raised by people about vaccines and periods, including how the shots affect trans men and nonbinary individuals. Ever since the vaccines were rolled out, many people on social media have complained of longer, heavier and more-painful periods after getting vaccinated.*
Rest of the article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/welln...e-period-late/

So once again looks like those against the covid vaccines were correct.

Last edited by DabOnEm; 09-28-2022 at 02:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2022, 01:31 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
No vaccine
No booster
No Covid
No worries

Old 09-28-2022, 01:35 AM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
No vaccine
No booster
No Covid
No worries

And if democrats had it their way, you'd have no job either. They tried their best to use Covid to steal our freedoms, and so much more.

Old 09-28-2022, 03:33 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
I'm not here to argue for or against the vaccines and I had read this article with interest myself yesterday.

You do realize that this was a "study" of data within a commericial app on people's phones where they voluntarily track their menstrual cycles. The women involved already used this app and it was just data mining.

They found that after one vaccine there was an average increase in the length of a menstrual cycle by less than one day. It was something like a .71 day delay (or approximately 18 hours). If a woman had two vaccines between two periods, that could shift to a longer interval; however, there wasn't enough data on that to get anything conclusive.

The authors were quick to note that any stress to the body (be it in the form of a vaccine, mental distress, a cold, etc) also causes menstrual cycles to shorten or lengthen.

So while this is interesting and can/should be looked at further (like do other vaccines cause this?). I mean I cut my hand really bad, had a tetanus shot, and my period was 3 days late. So it's worth doing a control and probably easily done.

What the "study" did not address was all the reports of women reporting much heavier menstrual bleeding. That issue would be the more interesting one as that generally doesn't change on a healthy woman without uterine issues. The timing, by a day here or there, generally is very susceptible ot outside influences.

Old 09-28-2022, 03:42 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,980,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I'm not here to argue for or against the vaccines and I had read this article with interest myself yesterday.

You do realize that this was a "study" of data within a commericial app on people's phones where they voluntarily track their menstrual cycles. The women involved already used this app and it was just data mining.

They found that after one vaccine there was an average increase in the length of a menstrual cycle by less than one day. It was something like a .71 day delay (or approximately 18 hours). If a woman had two vaccines between two periods, that could shift to a longer interval; however, there wasn't enough data on that to get anything conclusive.

The authors were quick to note that any stress to the body (be it in the form of a vaccine, mental distress, a cold, etc) also causes menstrual cycles to shorten or lengthen.

So while this is interesting and can/should be looked at further (like do other vaccines cause this?). I mean I cut my hand really bad, had a tetanus shot, and my period was 3 days late. So it's worth doing a control and probably easily done.

What the "study" did not address was all the reports of women reporting much heavier menstrual bleeding. That issue would be the more interesting one as that generally doesn't change on a healthy woman without uterine issues. The timing, by a day here or there, generally is very susceptible ot outside influences.
The heavy menstrual stuff was touched on at the end via other studies conducted.

Not sure what the rest of your post is about though. Who cares that participants tracked what was happening to them? The study didnt even track people using contraceptives, but the findings so far confirm what many vaccine advocates kept dismissing for a year.

Old 09-28-2022, 03:47 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post

I agree that 1-3 delay in period is no big deal (heavier menstruation could be) but this all begs the question why earlier on in the vaccine drive when many women were reporting this issue, our health care agencies, random “experts”, and “fact” checkers were shooting these anecdotes down as “false” and “anti-vaxxer misinformation.”

When you lie about the small things you will lie about the big things too! This is another pattern of our “trusted” authorities lying then admitting it but adding on it’s a nothingburger. If it’s a nothing burger, why lie?

PS law of averages. Saying that women’s period was delayed by 18 hours is just an average. More probably some women experienced this delay as a few days and other women no delay.

Old 09-28-2022, 05:10 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
Well yes, triggering your body's immune system is going to have some short-term impact on your physiology. That means it's working.

Old 09-28-2022, 05:12 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Well yes, triggering your body's immune system is going to have some short-term impact on your physiology. That means it's working.
Lol. No it’s working if it reduces your risk of COVID and does not increase your risk of other diseases. Not due to increasing your menstrual cycle!

Old 09-28-2022, 06:59 AM

7,368 posts, read 3,829,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
By your criteria, the Spanish Flu worked as well.

Old 09-28-2022, 07:03 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Yet another conspiracy that has turned out to be true:

Rest of the article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/welln...e-period-late/

So once again looks like those against the covid vaccines were correct.
Interestingly, among women who received two vaxs experienced fairly significant delays, compared to the control group during that time that ALSO experienced delays.

Could it be the stress of returning to life post covid, and those who are getting vaxed feel more stressed than those who didn't care enough to vax?

Looking at the data, the women who were using the period tracker ap experienced delays in their periods, whether they vaxed or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies