Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2022, 09:21 PM

15,595 posts, read 7,639,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I have never heard of a doc reviewing an average case on their off hours, so I’m guessing you had something remarkable going on and were going in for a follow up. 99% of the time, maybe more, they are just seeing your chart when they see you that day. Your bragging is ridiculous.
My PCP reviews my records in off hours, and will call me at 8pm to review labs and to see whether I still have symptoms from whatever my last medical issue was.

My cancer surgeon does similar things, and will discuss my records, and the latest news on the type of cancer I had, since it's really rare.

Old 10-10-2022, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
His organizations use third world countries, where rules on clinical trials are lax, to test vaccines and then push them onto western markets. He is exploiting these poor people, and most cases of Polio around the world are now due to the oral Polio vax (https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...virus-67287290) that he pushed onto third world countries.

Also, aren't vaccines medical products? Why should someone get them in a pharmacy without seeing their Doc first?
Some states, like Texas, allow pharmacists to give certain vaccines, like flu shots, shingle shots, Covid shots, etc, without a prescription from a doctor.

In many of the countries I've been or lived in, you can go to the pharmacy and buy pretty much whatever drug you want. When I lived in Qatar, narcotics were not available at all, but most other drugs were. The only thing is was hard to get without a prescription was antibiotics, because they don't want them misused.

Old 10-10-2022, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
We really need to stop with vaccines, I cannot see how it's good for our bodies to take dozens of these products. And BigPharma keeps dreaming up that old viruses that are mild and no big deal (eg chickenpox) now need vaccines.

Giving healthy people dozens of shots is one of the most bizarre modern experiments. Are we really that healthier as a result? COVID decimated western countries but spared countries in Africa. Nigeria (220+ million people) has like 3,000 deaths from COVID. 10 million people in Nigeria are over the age of 60, that's twice the entire population of Slovakia yet Slovakia had 20,000 COVID deaths, 6-7x the amount Nigeria had.

https://www.science.org/content/arti...a-could-change

A poor country where so many people are malnourished, where a motorcycle accident can be a death sentence, flicked off a virus that paralyzed the West. Food for thought. Maybe modern medicine is not all that great?

I keep saying, the biggest reason we live longer is improvements in engineering and public sanitation. Modern medicine might be even a detriment, how it's currently practiced.

The USA see's more iatrogenic deaths than our peers:

https://ebooks.iospress.nl/publication/46132
You keep saying that, but you are wrong. Engineering and sanitation aren't much better now than 100 years ago, but far fewer people die from vaccine preventable diseases. Smallpox has ceased to exist outside labs, and that's due to effective vaccination. Polio is, or was, almost gone. Measles was gone until stupid people quit vaccination for it and started spreading it again.

The chicken pox vaccine prevents shingles at a later age, since you can't get shingles if you haven't had chicken pox. Having known people who had shingles, and having had chicken pox, I took the Shingrix shots as soon as I was eligible. Given my propensity for getting strange diseases, it seemed like a good idea.

As for Nigeria, keep in mind that the population skews younger, there isn't as much obesity as in the West, the weather is warm, and much of the population spends the bulk of their time outdoors.

Old 10-10-2022, 09:55 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,994,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Some states, like Texas, allow pharmacists to give certain vaccines, like flu shots, shingle shots, Covid shots, etc, without a prescription from a doctor.

In many of the countries I've been or lived in, you can go to the pharmacy and buy pretty much whatever drug you want. When I lived in Qatar, narcotics were not available at all, but most other drugs were. The only thing is was hard to get without a prescription was antibiotics, because they don't want them misused.
Quote:
You keep saying that, but you are wrong. Engineering and sanitation aren't much better now than 100 years ago, but far fewer people die from vaccine preventable diseases. Smallpox has ceased to exist outside labs, and that's due to effective vaccination. Polio is, or was, almost gone. Measles was gone until stupid people quit vaccination for it and started spreading it again.

The chicken pox vaccine prevents shingles at a later age, since you can't get shingles if you haven't had chicken pox. Having known people who had shingles, and having had chicken pox, I took the Shingrix shots as soon as I was eligible. Given my propensity for getting strange diseases, it seemed like a good idea.

As for Nigeria, keep in mind that the population skews younger, there isn't as much obesity as in the West, the weather is warm, and much of the population spends the bulk of their time outdoors.

Old 10-11-2022, 02:47 AM

11,908 posts, read 5,880,456 times
Quote:
My PCP reviews my records in off hours, and will call me at 8pm to review labs and to see whether I still have symptoms from whatever my last medical issue was.

My cancer surgeon does similar things, and will discuss my records, and the latest news on the type of cancer I had, since it's really rare.
He calls you at 8pm because he has just finished office hours and is reviewing his messages. If your blood results came through - he's going to call you and give you the results and any recommendations. He also gets to bill your insurance for that call - don't think you're special because you aren't. Many drs make their patients come back in to the office to review test results as they can charge higher fees.

Old 10-11-2022, 02:50 AM

11,908 posts, read 5,880,456 times
Quote:

Misinformation and should be stricken - do your research - it lowers the risk of getting shingles - it does not prevent it.

Old 10-11-2022, 02:55 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,169,972 times
So how much did fake doctor fauci pay to get this one made?

Old 10-11-2022, 05:36 AM

3,113 posts, read 943,859 times
Quote:

There has been huge changes in the last 100 years.

Refrigerators were invented about 100 years ago, but few Americans had 1 in their home until around WW2. Safe, drinkable running water, most Americans did not have access at the turn of the 20th century and gradually got it in that century. Same thing for electricity.

I do think you’ll find the story of Semmelweis interesting. He proposed physicians wash their hands with lime before touching patients after cutting open cadavers. He was mocked by physicians! So much so he was hounded, lost his job, ended up in an insane asylum, and died from a beating inflicted upon him by the staff.

It was only around 50 years after he suggested Physicians wash their hands that he was vindicated, mainly by the germ theory, and a surgeon called Lister. That was the turn of the 20th century so many advancements in public sanitation happened from 1900 to now. Back then they didn’t even know you could get Cholera from contaminated water (they believed it came from “bad air”)

So I know you will say well that was then, now we know better. But we don’t, that’s the point. And we continue to trust Orthodoxy vs challenge and Orthodoxy is consistently wrong! Wrong every time!

Old 10-11-2022, 05:41 AM

13,728 posts, read 4,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Unbelievable and absolutely shameless, this guy is still at it.

No one cares anymore about what he says, but the fact that the media continues to give him a platform is insane.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/07/dr-f...is-winter.html
He’s not wrong. A new, more deadly strain could appear. But a new pandemic could start any year. It’s like saying a hurricane could hit Miami next year.

Old 10-11-2022, 05:49 AM

13,728 posts, read 4,996,493 times
Quote:
I’ve gotten many vaccinations in multiple states, at pharmacies or makeshift clinics, and never needed a doctor’s prescription.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies