Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2022, 04:38 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
WE FOUND A COMMUNITY THAT LIVES LIKE THIS SO NOW EVERYONE HAS TO!!!

Nope, sorry. I don't care. Stop destroying children.
If you had read my previous posts, you'd see that I actually don't think it's prudent generally to make any permanent modifications to children.

Regardless of the hysteria, I think that's the stance of most people.

Anyone cashing in on this (a hard time for parents and their kids) influencing them or misleading them for profit needs to be struck off as a doctor and not allowed to practice.

Instead of shouting at me, you might have recognised that amongst parents of gender non conforming children you may have allies in many fundamental ways and not combatants.

Because if you truly want to "stop destroying children" then perhaps you could listen to people who are actually dealing with this IRL instead of shouting them down.

Old 10-10-2022, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I think a lot of these kids, if left alone, would just grow up to be perfectly happy...well adjusted....gay people

...but because of their age, they think because they are attracted to the same sex........they must be the opposite sex

and the medical community is capitalizing on it
I think that's a well intentioned argument but fundamentally not true, in most cases I don't think.

Being gay has nothing to do with it and most transgender/non binary people are still attracted to whomever they were attracted to in the first place, which is most of the time the opposite sex to their birth sex (for want of a better term), like the majority of people.

That doesn't change, as far as I'm aware.

Old 10-10-2022, 05:03 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
I think a lot of these kids, if left alone, would just grow up to be perfectly happy...well adjusted....gay people

...but because of their age, they think because they are attracted to the same sex........they must be the opposite sex

and the medical community is capitalizing on it
I think you are right.

I've seen LGB speaking out that the trans movement is destroying LGB because it is turning them trans. They aren't trans. They are LGB.

And if these kids would WAIT till they are adults the majority of them will be LGB or they will have been diagnosed with other mental issues that are IGNORED once the trans "diagnosis" is made. De transitioners have spoken out about this. That if they had just been given time and appropriate therapy to figure out specific whaat was wrong, they never would have transitioned.

And for them, it's too late. Damage done.

Old 10-10-2022, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I think you are right.

I've seen LGB speaking out that the trans movement is destroying LGB because it is turning them trans. They aren't trans. They are LGB.

And if these kids would WAIT till they are adults the majority of them will be LGB or they will have been diagnosed with other mental issues that are IGNORED once the trans "diagnosis" is made. De transitioners have spoken out about this. That if they had just been given time and appropriate therapy to figure out specific whaat was wrong, they never would have transitioned.

What do you mean the majority of them will be LGB?

How so?

If someone is attracted to men, regardless of their gender, that doesn't usually change no matter whether they are trans or otherwise. Most people know who they're attracted to from quite a young age.

How will they suddenly become LGB if they wait until they're adults?

Do you have a cite for the theory that most people who are trans are really gay and they're choosing to be trans instead of just admitting they're gay?

Old 10-10-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I think you are right.

Btw, this is what I'm advocating for. Perhaps people will transition, or perhaps they won't.

But they need adequate time and the right therapy. Not necessarily to figure out what's wrong - there may be nothing inherently wrong. To figure out what's right for them, personally.

And maturity plays a role IMHO.

Old 10-11-2022, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
What do you mean the majority of them will be LGB?

How so?

If someone is attracted to men, regardless of their gender, that doesn't usually change no matter whether they are trans or otherwise. Most people know who they're attracted to from quite a young age.

How will they suddenly become LGB if they wait until they're adults?

Do you have a cite for the theory that most people who are trans are really gay and they're choosing to be trans instead of just admitting they're gay?
Why do you intentionally miss the point?

They are LGB. They have never BEEN trans.

They have been brainwashed to think they are trans while they are minors because trans is AWESOME!!! So COOL!!! So BRAVE!!!!

If they were left alone, they would never transition. They would simply be LGB. Or they would get mental help for the depression, anxiety, et al., mental health issues that are currently being ignored with the intense virtue signaling and profit driven push to make every kid in the public school system transgender.

Old 10-11-2022, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Btw, this is what I'm advocating for. Perhaps people will transition, or perhaps they won't.

But they need adequate time and the right therapy. Not necessarily to figure out what's wrong - there may be nothing inherently wrong. To figure out what's right for them, personally.

IF ... that is truly how you feel, you would be AGAINST gender affirming care.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:17 AM

18,433 posts, read 8,268,923 times
Quote:
absolutely, they are giving them puberty blockers....before they go through puberty

....before they go through puberty they don't know what they are

Old 10-11-2022, 09:22 AM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
... gender affirmation surgeries on patients under age 18 ...
God, people are sick and evil. It's not "gender affirmation surgery." It's unrepairable MUTILATION and child abuse.

"Gender affirmation" is one of Woke's evilest of code terms. In reality, it is "Dr. Mengele surgery" being normalized by the sick-asses of this world.

Old 10-11-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Why do you intentionally miss the point?

They are LGB. They have never BEEN trans.

They have been brainwashed to think they are trans while they are minors because trans is AWESOME!!! So COOL!!! So BRAVE!!!!

If they were left alone, they would never transition. They would simply be LGB. Or they would get mental help for the depression, anxiety, et al., mental health issues that are currently being ignored with the intense virtue signaling and profit driven push to make every kid in the public school system transgender.
I’m not intentionally missing the point.

I’m asking you to back up your statements with sources. I don’t doubt there’s a couple of examples. Where’s the cite for most?

If someone is gay, they do not wish to get rid of their penis, for example. I’m of the opinion that in the majority of cases, especially for gay men, hat idea would be absolutely unthinkable. Regardless of whether they are effeminate or butch.

So I’m asking you to back up your theory with sources that most trans people if left alone would be gay, not trans. Trans people usually don’t change their sexual orientation. Are there stats to back up that most trans people are actually gay? None of the people I know are, but that’s a small sample. It would likely mirror percentages of the broader population.

I do agree that there is definitely a segment of people who would end up not taking that journey if given long enough. Not all, but some. I think that’s important to recognise, and that’s why I personally do not think it’s in the best interest of minor children to not have any kind of body/hormonal modification until they’re mature enough.

But I don’t know everyone and all cases and I’m not their parents.

If we as a society allow them to fully express themselves without having to go under the knife or have disruptive hormones in order to be more accepted, then I think that would help in encouraging people to wait longer before they make any permanent decisions.

As far as celebrating goes - that would be an equal and opposite reaction to the nastiness thrown their way. Not all people celebrate it. In fact, you know as well as I do that trans people are still struggling for acceptance in the broader community.

I worry about the safety of my kid every freakin day. Some bunch of meat headed yahoos who think non binary people are freaks and crazy etc might take it upon themselves to teach my kid some kind of lesson. It’s pretty scary. Teenagers in mobs can be pretty brutal.

Last edited by FinsterRufus; 10-11-2022 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: Typing on my phone, some words missing or auto corrected
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies