Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2022, 10:12 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,219,965 times

Advertisements

Makes perfect sense. Predators HATE it when their prey shoots back at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2022, 10:13 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Many videos showing a battery powered 4 inch grinder in use. Cut right around the lock in seconds. It's what tweakers use to steal all our cat converters here. IN SECONDS.

FYI I have one in the truck, one in the garage, one in my den and one in the bedroom. Doesn't change anything for this topic.

There is the way it should be and the way it really is. Those cheapo plastic handgun safes are like butter to a grinder but they'll steal the whole thing first.

We already have that stupid law here in CA. It's for one, not enforceable because you can't control what goes on inside your home.
Lol. Big difference between a catalytic converter and a gun safe.

Old 10-16-2022, 10:13 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. I’d have already known they were there if I wasn’t home, and called the cops by the time they finally got it open and it took 2 guys struggling to do it.

5 grand isn’t needed for even a large gun safe that can’t be broken into, and if you disagree, please do provide proof to your claim?

Bingo…it’s truly hilarious to think otherwise
Cops. They will be there to write a report the next day. You think they actually care about your "gun safe"?

Old 10-16-2022, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Cops. They will be there to write a report the next day.
You must live in a bad area if it takes cops that long to get to you.

My gun safe isn’t going anywhere or getting broken into. 5 grand isn’t needed for even a large gun safe that can’t be broken into, and if you disagree, please do provide proof to your claim?

Old 10-16-2022, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
How about a ban on being soft on crime? Quit blaming the guns and blame the criminals. Lock them up and throw away the key. Or execute the worst offenders.
Bingo

Old 10-16-2022, 10:19 PM

Quote:
You must live in a bad area if it takes cops that long to get to you.

My gun safe isn’t going anywhere or getting broken into. 5 grand isn’t needed for even a large gun safe that can’t be broken into, and if you disagree, please do provide proof to your claim?
I live in San Diego at the beach. The reason we don't have a lot of cops is because we don't have a lot of crime.

Can we get on track again. Assault weapons "ban" has nothing to do with bad or good neighborhoods. Proof? Come on. Most handgun safes are plastic. Handguns are used in the majority of crimes.

Did they even figure out what weapon was used this time?

Old 10-16-2022, 10:25 PM

Quote:
I live in San Diego at the beach. The reason we don't have a lot of cops is because we don't have a lot of crime.

Can we get on track again. Assault weapons "ban" has nothing to do with bad or good neighborhoods. Proof? Come on. Most handgun safes are plastic.
I’m still waiting for that proof to your claim that 5 grand is needed to buy a safe that can’t be broken into?

Lol. Assault weapons have been banned for a very long time…and I never said anything about an assault weapon ban having to do with good or bad neighborhoods, but do feel free to prove where I did? And you obviously have no idea what an assault rifle is, but please do tell when they’ve been used in a shooting/s?

Quite the deflection as I never said anything about handgun safes. You obviously have no proof to your claim of needing 5 grand for a gun safe that can’t be broken into.

My handguns are in my gun safe except for the one I carry, and you continue to deflect.

Old 10-16-2022, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I’m still waiting for that proof to your claim that 5 grand is needed to buy a safe that can’t be broken into?

Lol. Assault weapons have been banned for a very long time…and I never said anything about an assault weapon ban having to do with good or bad neighborhoods, but do feel free to prove where I did? And you obviously have no idea what an assault rifle is, but please do tell when they’ve been used in a shooting/s?

Quite the deflection as I never said anything about handgun safes, lol. You obviously have no proof to your claim of needing 5 grand for a gun safe that can’t be broken into.

My handguns are in my gun safe except for the one I carry, and you continue to deflect.
Paradigm shift

I keep thinking you own firearms but then you go from assault weapon to assault rifle? If you truly are a gun guy your claims are just weird. Please tell where there is an actual "assault weapons" ban where you can't buy an AR-15. Please, just one example.

Stay on the topic if you possibly can.

Old 10-16-2022, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Paradigm shift

I keep thinking you own firearms but then you go from assault weapon to assault rifle? If you truly are a gun guy your claims are just weird. Please tell where there is an actual "assault weapons" ban where you can't buy an AR-15. Please, just one example.

Stay on the topic if you possibly can.
No, you’re confused as you brought them up when I asked for proof that 5 grand was needed to buy a safe that can’t be broken into.

Again, you have no idea what an assault weapon is if you think you can buy an AR-15 assault rifle.

Please stay on topic and provide proof that 5 grand is needed to buy a safe that can’t be opened?

Old 10-16-2022, 10:41 PM

Quote:
No, you’re confused as you brought them up when I asked for proof that 5 grand was needed to buy a safe that can’t be broken into.

Again, you have no idea what an assault weapon is if you think you can buy an AR-15 assault rifle.

Please stay on topic and provide proof that 5 grand is needed to buy a safe that can’t be opened?
You must seriously have me confused with another poster. I mean, seriously. Jesus. I think our discussion is over. Have another gin and tonic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies