Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2022, 09:49 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times

Advertisements

Anyone who doesn't kiss Trump's behind is a liberal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2022, 09:51 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
The problem is both parties are being run by extremists. the Republican party is now influenced by the far right and Trump.

And Democrat party is being controlled by the far left such as AOC, Sanders, etc neither party can compromise on anything anymore and get anything done in Congress.
AOC and Sanders are absolutely not in control and haven’t delivered much of anything. The establishment moderates see to that.

The Republicans have villainized their establishment moderates and even those who are solidly right, just not extremely so.

Last edited by notnamed; 10-22-2022 at 11:08 PM..

Old 10-22-2022, 09:52 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
The problem is both parties are being run by extremists. the Republican party is now influenced by the far right and Trump.

And Democrat party is being controlled by the far left such as AOC, Sanders, etc neither party can compromise on anything anymore and get anything done in Congress.
This is what happens when moderates in both parties are being voted out.

Old 10-22-2022, 10:24 PM

6,104 posts, read 2,725,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This is what happens when moderates in both parties are being voted out.
At the end of the day the voters put these people in sad state of affairs.

Old 10-22-2022, 10:30 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
W won't be appreciated for the wit that he has, and the gentle gentlemanly ways he shows, until future generations study him.

Although during the morning of 9/11, I was frozen in fear due to the fact that GW was president and I thought that might be the end of the US, GW lead us through it. With grace.

For some unknown reason, many didn't like him during his presidency. What a truly decent, lovely human.

As was Jimmy Carter. Who also wasn't appreciated until much after his presidency ended.

Old 10-22-2022, 11:06 PM

23,598 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
W won't be appreciated for the wit that he has, and the gentle gentlemanly ways he shows, until future generations study him.

Although during the morning of 9/11, I was frozen in fear due to the fact that GW was president and I thought that might be the end of the US, GW lead us through it. With grace.

For some unknown reason, many didn't like him during his presidency. What a truly decent, lovely human.

As was Jimmy Carter. Who also wasn't appreciated until much after his presidency ended.
Carter is a far better human being than anyone in the Bush family.

Old 10-23-2022, 12:20 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Republican Party has been overtaken by far right elements and now the likes of him are considered liberal in their eyes. Even Reagan would be considered so now. Meanwhile they think it’s the democrats that have gone far left.

Heck even McConnell is labeled a RINO now because he dare put up the slightest resistance to some of Trump’s ideas. Even when delivering wins for the Republicans they’ve been chasing for decades.
The R party is getting some actual Conservatives. No doubt, however, that some RINOs will pretend to care about Americans and get voted in.

I've called Turtle a RINO for a long time, not just now. Same for Miss Lindsey Graham.

Old 10-23-2022, 01:00 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Republican Party has been overtaken by far right elements and now the likes of him are considered liberal in their eyes. Even Reagan would be considered so now. Meanwhile they think it’s the democrats that have gone far left.

Heck even McConnell is labeled a RINO now because he dare put up the slightest resistance to some of Trump’s ideas. Even when delivering wins for the Republicans they’ve been chasing for decades.
It's crazy. I liked Bush and Reagan, I think Trump is a grifter and a loon.
At times Bush did things that I wasn't crazy about, but I always thought at heart he was a decent human being and cared about the country. Even when I didn't always agree with him, he could be quite endearing at times. Trump seems to care only for himself. He is about as endearing as a snake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Anyone who doesn't kiss Trump's behind is a liberal?
Yep, they totally derailed....they think Cheney, Kinzinger, Bush, McConnell, everyone is a Liberal.
Yes if Reagan were around today they would probably think him a Liberal.
Yet, Trump a life long Liberal Democrat with the morals of an alley cat in heat, is the true conservative!
Crazy Cult time! No Logic there!

Old 10-23-2022, 01:35 AM

11 posts, read 6,543 times
He's probably in his basement painting more portraits of illegal immigrants he admires.

Old 10-23-2022, 02:23 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
A real far cry from his war mongering/Oil Rich/Halliburton/ Carlyle Group days ehh? What happened?
Probably bought off like the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies