Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2022, 03:50 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,967,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You can't groom an individual to be attracted to the opposite sex. Just not possible.
There is no other explanation to the fact that 20% of young people recognize themselves as LGBTQ.

It's unprecedented.

They've been groomed/brainwashed.

Old 10-31-2022, 04:33 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,585,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
These days, they are "gender fluid". Gay in the morning, transgender in the afternoon, bi in the evening.
Sexual orientation and gender identity are two different things.

Gay and bi are sexual orientations, and someone who is transgender has a different gender identity than their birth sex.

Someone can be transgender and bi at the same time. They wouldn't have to switch.

Old 10-31-2022, 04:44 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,585,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Cher's daughter Cassidy knew eawrly she wanted to be a boy.

Her Mom -- a liberal -- struggled with it.

All the stereotypes sthrown out over simplify and politicize the issue.
Chastity, not Cassidy.

Re Cassidy, you may be thinking of one of the Gifford kids (Frank and Kathie Lee's kids).

Old 10-31-2022, 04:51 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,739,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There is no other explanation to the fact that 20% of young people recognize themselves as LGBTQ.

It's unprecedented.

They've been groomed/brainwashed.
Exactly.

You can brainwash a person to behave as "LGBTQ" as easily as you can brainwash them into having green hair.

It's a behavior choice....and not the slightest bit more complicated than any of the countless other behavior choices we all make every day of our lives.

Old 10-31-2022, 06:29 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,742,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Really? What's the research showing the rates of sexual abuse for gay vs. straight? And then showing any abuse is what actually "turned" them gay?
Those studies should be done, but obviously we know where those grant proposals go in the university system these days. You'd be lucky if you even kept your job for even suggesting such a research program

Old 10-31-2022, 06:59 AM

25,986 posts, read 22,181,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It was interesting. I was in High School when the Sonny and Cher show was on TV, and at the end of each show they'd bring Chastity out, in some overdone lacy fluffy dress. And everyone said she looked like a boy in a dress. Even as a 2 year old, she seemed male. And we all saw it.
Me too, and she did not look like a boy. I think the issue with her was more her parents than biology. I can't imagine what the child went through and saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Each is born the way they are born. Just because you don't understand why they don't fit the traditional mold doesn't make them wrong. Just different from you.
Then, explain why it is fluid? That does sort of defect the argument doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
But the left say they are born that way- no choice

Transgenders choose
I can't say for sure, no one can, but that they call something "orientation" always confused me. As they are "oriented" in a particular way.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/oriented

: intellectually, emotionally, or functionally directed

Something to think about.

With transgendered, I continue to be stumped about that. Mostly, as a female, I don't understand "feeling" like a female, as I couldn't describe "feeling" like a female, as it is simply a biological reality - "I am" not "I feel".

I don't really care what people do as long as they don't try to force it on me, or make me agree that it is this or that. So many other issues in the world, such things are minor. I don't want them teaching anything other than accepting others when it comes to our public schools. Not that it is right or wrong, simply that alternatives exist, not good, not bad, not normal, not abnormal, it just exists - back to the basics of reading and math!

Old 10-31-2022, 07:21 AM

37,133 posts, read 41,343,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
- "I am" not "I feel".
That is what a transgender person says, too.

Quote:
I don't want them teaching anything other than accepting others when it comes to our public schools. Not that it is right or wrong, simply that alternatives exist, not good, not bad, not normal, not abnormal, it just exists
Such teaching is what some people are referring to as "grooming".

Old 10-31-2022, 07:23 AM

8,390 posts, read 4,383,697 times
I wont try and tell you what to do with your genitals if you don't try to tell me what to do with mine; in which case I'll probably just tell you go have intercourse with yourself.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:27 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,967,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
That is what a transgender person says, too.

Such teaching is what some people are referring to as "grooming".
Do they celebrate straight pride at school?

Have parties? Parades? Assemblies? Devoted to how great it is to be straight?

Any posters about how wonderful it is to be straight lining the hallways?

Straight Alliance Clubs?

Teaching about being an ally to straight people?

Teachers explain how they secretly try to indoctrinate kids about being straight?

School districts with policies that tell straight kids to lie to their parents?

Are girls told to shut up and deal with a boy in their bathrooms and locker rooms, watching them change?

Or is all this "positivity" used as indoctrination to convince kids how amazing and wonderful it is to be LGBTQ?

Answer: Yes. Yes it is. To pretend otherwise is to be knowingly dishonest.

Old 10-31-2022, 07:32 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,742,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I wont try and tell you what to do with your genitals if you don't try to tell me what to do with mine; in which case I'll probably just tell you go have intercourse with yourself.
What about promoting sex change as a legitimate option to children as young as Kindergarten?

Because this is happening right now under progressive ideology
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies