Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2022, 02:34 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Don't be so sure.

Remember "Typhoid Mary"? Her tale highlights that ignorance is not bliss. She was a carrier, and immune herself, but as a cook for hire, she infected countless people. And refused to stop her dangerous behavior.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Mallon
Typhoid Mary was an Irish-born American cook believed to have infected between 51 and 122 people with typhoid fever. The infections caused three confirmed deaths, with unconfirmed estimates of up to 50. She was the first person in the United States identified as an asymptomatic carrier of the pathogenic bacteria Salmonella typhi. And this caused the health officials to have little to no idea of how to deal with someone in her position.
- - - -
Talk about gaslighting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2022, 04:21 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Hmmm.

I think there are lessons to be learned, for sure, and it's a good thing to revisit and figure out where things could have been done better. There are some good reports coming out. There certainly was overreach and mistakes made.

BUT

The idea that lockdowns, vaccines, COVID policies in general were the purview of the LEFT only is patently absurd and rewriting history.

Absolute nonsense.

Old 11-04-2022, 09:18 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I have 3 kids, all were perpetually sick for the first few years of life, and never was I worried for them or tried to shield them from sick people. Getting sick is part of life, they need to be sick to be healthy.

I was mocking the vaccine. All it will do for you is give you a sore arm. And I was mocking him for thinking he needs a vaccine to survive. This is a garbage product, and you won't catch me injecting it into me. I'd sooner inject heroin, at least that would give me a high! And I won't isolate either, because COVID is no big deal. It's the sniffles. If you're worried about COVID, I'd suggest some professional help, counseling.
Oh lordy. You are clueless and it's obvious you're listening to some pandering politician over sound medical advice, I've looked in the eyes of hospitalized sick children. Babies with RSV are heartbreaking. I'm sure you haven't watched a child being placed on a ventilator or die in your life. Good for you, because those little eyes still haunt my dreams. You are not everyone, and the fact that you can't see beyond your narrative is disturbing.

I don't need counseling. I have a bad heart, and we know that Covid can damage organs. I follow my cardiologist's advice. He was one of my coworkers for decades. You get a leg up on these things when you see how good or bad a physician is by working with them.

Yep getting sick is a part of life, but, only a fool stands in the path of a tornado.

I know how sick I was the first time I had this mysterious wheezing disease in September of 2019. It was was 8 weeks of hell and I believe it was an early version of Covid. It was found in our blood supply in December of 2019, which means it was circulating before that.

I had Covid again in the summer of 21 post vaccination. I had GI problems once. It felt like a cold and I lost my sense of smell for about two weeks. It was not that serious.

Seriously, read something intelligent vs propaganda and spin from a source that only wants to keep you donating and on their side.

(Sorry so late with this. I've been working like crazy getting Halloween down and the house cleaned up. It's an insane amount of work and should be finished today.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies