Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2022, 07:08 PM

1,799 posts, read 562,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The United States is a republic, not a democracy.
People really need to quit making this silly claim.

democracy: [noun] a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...0or%20minority.

The United States is a representative democracy, as the public elects individuals to represent them at the government level. The United States is also a constitutional democracy, meaning that the functions and roles of the government are governed by the constitution that also protects the rights and privileges of the citizenry regardless of whether they are majority or minority.

The US is a representative democracy. Which is by definition a form of democracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2022, 07:12 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
"America (Democrats) Unfollows Democracy"

.......and it is as obvious as it can get.

Old 11-03-2022, 07:29 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
For nearly 250 years, the peaceful transfer of power has been a cornerstone of American Democracy.

But with a large percentage of Republicans denying that Joe Biden is president, and capitol rioters running for office across the country, Jordan Klepper wonders:

Is America unfollowing democracy?

In this new half-hour special, Jordan goes back on the campaign trail before the midterms to find out who’s defending America’s elections, who is denying them, and just how civil we can keep America’s next civil war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttCZZ-w3BMg
Democracy. Where citizens select who will govern them by themselves.

Bolsevic Soviet version of 1917 Democracy. Also Germany, North Korea, North Vietnam, Albania, where "Democratic Reforms" means death, oppression and cruelty.

Killing of your opponents.

Actual murder.

Elections still take place.

We are actually a Constitutional Republic, but more on that in a bit.

Let's here your democrat leaders spout off in unision, but first, Joseph Stalin in 1937, with 99.4% victory over his opponents. "Our elections are the only really free and only really democratic elections in the whole world." Well wasn't that special?

New York Times loved it, as well as many of your democrat politicians.

Joe Biden: "Democracy is at stake."
Barrack Obama: "Democracy is at stake."
MSNBC Lady: "Democracy is at stake."
Bald headed guy on MSNBC: "Democracy is at stake."
Al Frankenvert: "Democracy is at stake."
CNN guy: "Democracy is at stake."
democrat politician: "Democracy is at stake."
lady running against Lake in Arizona: "We all know our democracy is at stake."
Morning Joe guy: "Democracy is at stake."

So if we don't vote for democrats in this election, the system is going to be broken.

Ron Klain, Biden's chief of staff, "One final warning..."

Who do you think you are, Ron Klain, you don't get to warn me or anybody orders about anything? You beg me for my consent.

You are the servant.

We/I are/am the boss.

Do you get this?

If not, you should go study the actual Constitution, the words Constitutional Republic, the United States of America, and such as like.

Happy night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelvinMuttz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Wrong again.

There is a reason Republicans are forever carrying on about how the U.S. is a republic rather than a democracy.
crazy
A constitutional republic, that's right.

We carry on about that because that's the 411.

We elect them and we also tell them what they must do.

Get it?

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-03-2022 at 07:41 PM..

Old 11-03-2022, 10:07 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
A lot of the things that were done were unethical, but they weren't illegal...often because there weren't any laws at all re the nature of such activities. It didn't occur to anyone that people would dream up and attempt to do such things.

Meaning what?

I don't like them any more than you do, but if they were born here they have just as much right to stay and vote as you do.

I never said they had to go anywhere or stop voting for politicians that hate America, hate traditional American values, ignore the Constitution and suck the CCP's giant red ****.

I just don't want to share a country with them.

Old 11-03-2022, 10:13 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
For nearly 250 years, the peaceful transfer of power has been a cornerstone of American Democracy.

But with a large percentage of Republicans denying that Joe Biden is president, and capitol rioters running for office across the country, Jordan Klepper wonders:

Is America unfollowing democracy?

In this new half-hour special, Jordan goes back on the campaign trail before the midterms to find out who’s defending America’s elections, who is denying them, and just how civil we can keep America’s next civil war.
Boy are you going to be confused when all your insane Democrats are voted out on Tuesday and in 2024

Funny thing about actual democracy, people are allowed to decide they don't like you anymore

Old 11-03-2022, 10:20 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Some number of folks who do not support Biden claim he is illegitimate. OK...did that stop him from being President? Does he live in the White House? Etc.

Some number of folks who do not support Trump spent 4 years claiming he was illegitimate. OK...did that stop him from being President? Did he live in the White House? Etc.

Some number of folks who do not support Obama spent 8 years claiming he was illegitimate. OK...did that stop him from being President? Did he live in the White House? Etc.

Some number of folks who do not support Dubyah spent 8 years claiming he was illegitimate. OK...did that stop him from being President? Did he live in the White House? Etc.

Notice a pattern? Notice how it's both sides?

Seriously...is anyone trying to claim moral high ground here?

Old 11-03-2022, 11:33 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
A distinction without a relevant difference.

A constitutional republic IS a form of democracy, just not direct democracy of the small New England village style. Anybody who doubts me needs a refresher course in civics.

I think this is just a word game played by the extreme right in order to add false cred to the Republican Party while disparaging the Democratic Party.
Spot on.

“We’re not a democracy” is cringe.

Old 11-03-2022, 11:49 PM

1,368 posts, read 489,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I stand corrected. Lol. He got caught and didn’t change the result in any election.
He is one of many. Trust me massive stuffing occurred. They only needed thousands in the swing states.

Old 11-03-2022, 11:53 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjective Opinion View Post
He is one of many. Trust me massive stuffing occurred. They only needed thousands in the swing states.
The ballots would still have to be verified though. Try to get thousands of ballots. Bet you won’t. If you do, you’ll get caught. All of this bull**** is because Trump lost. Little ***** boy couldn’t handle losing so he says it’s rigged. It wasn’t rigged in 2016 though? Come on.

Old 11-04-2022, 12:13 AM

1,368 posts, read 489,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari2600 View Post
movin2Reston... I grew up in Vienna years ago when NOVA wasn't a total... well, toilet. I'm curious why you'd specifically move to Reston. Don't people generally move AWAY from places like Reston? I mean, it's nice... but it's basically become a large corporate park / lobbying office site. Not sure I get WHY you'd move there unless you took a job with one of the intelligence agencies or something... and then I'd say... God help you... making pittance civilian pay while living in Reston. Or you're a lobbyist, which explains everything. Inquiring minds would like to know..
Shows up around election time like clockwork spewing dnc talking points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies