Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2022, 09:20 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,693,010 times

Advertisements

Looking forward to a Republican Congress and a Democratic President. Divided government is the least harmful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2022, 09:26 AM

52,270 posts, read 52,700,922 times
It's pretty obvious looking at the degradation of our society the last 40 plus years. Far left polices are destructive, you'd have to be a moron to not see this.

The far left doesn't like America, doesn't like its founding, thinks it's illegitimate, why not enact polices that bring it down?? Let everything rot for a while then declare that this isn't acceptable, and we must have total restructuring of the entire foundation.

Throw everything out the window and start over, I think that that is the end game for many of these people. America won't be destroyed from the outside, only from the inside.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:51 AM

41 posts, read 18,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's pretty obvious looking at the degradation of our society the last 40 plus years. Far left polices are destructive, you'd have to be a moron to not see this.

The far left doesn't like America, doesn't like its founding, thinks it's illegitimate, why not enact polices that bring it down?? Let everything rot for a while then declare that this isn't acceptable, and we must have total restructuring of the entire foundation.

Throw everything out the window and start over, I think that that is the end game for many of these people. America won't be destroyed from the outside, only from the inside.
And yet people are still clamoring to come here from 3rd world countries so how bad can it be, really?

The lack of perspective on the left is what is so utterly striking to me! Women, right now, are being rounded up and tortured, beaten and killed in Iran for trying to peacefully protest. LGBT people are outright killed.

Yet you according to many on the left WE are the bad ones! Our country and our capitalism is the greatest evil. The lack of perspective is just astounding.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:51 AM

4,853 posts, read 3,279,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGuHLV View Post
...- They like to pretend they support diversity but are EXTREMELY intolerant of anyone who has ideas or opinions that are not aligned with theirs. I have both leftwing and rightwing people in my life and the further people are to the left, the less willing they are to not only engage in discussion with people who disagree with them but they will shut them out of their lives in many cases.
Well put.

My observation has been that both sides can be overbearing... but the conservative folks are much more likely to respect the right of the left to have a different opinion.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:53 AM

11,482 posts, read 6,008,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGuHLV View Post
I grew up mostly around and with left leaning folks and I have started to learn that people from the right are not as the mainstream media likes to make them out as. These are my reasons why I am fed with the left..

- They like to pretend they support diversity...

- They like to think they are pro-science...

- How biological differences between the sexes don't matter...

- Climate change and environmentalism has a become more of a cult and a religion...

- The blind adherence to Tony Fauci and the whole covid narrative about vaccines an lockdowns...

- The insane policy of being soft on crime and supporting nonsense like defund the police...

- Cancel culture and the whole woke agenda of recreational outrage that permeates the left...
Every issue you cited is 100% true and accurate. You have become "woke" in the truist sense of the word, meaning you have attained wisdom from an awareness of the truth.

Welcome aboard.

America needs many more people like you.

Old 11-03-2022, 10:24 AM

11,482 posts, read 6,008,999 times
The OP's post is a clear example why there cannot be "compromise" with the left.

Many moderate people will say, "we have to find a middle ground" between Left and Right. When the tenets of one side are simply dangerous, damaging, and non-sensical, meeting them half-way is to still embrace half the danger and craziness. That makes no sense to the wise and grounded.

There is no compromising with the Leftists. All we can do is oppose the Left and hope for a restoration to common sense.

Old 11-03-2022, 10:30 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Nakita Krushev said just that back in the 60's. Turns out he was right.

Old 11-03-2022, 10:31 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
The OP's post is a clear example why there cannot be "compromise" with the left.

Many moderate people will say, "we have to find a middle ground" between Left and Right. When the tenets of one side are simply dangerous, damaging, and non-sensical, meeting them half-way is to still embrace half the danger and craziness. That makes no sense to the wise and grounded.

There is no compromising with the Leftists. All we can do is oppose the Left and hope for a restoration to common sense.
Well stated and I totally agree.

Old 11-03-2022, 10:33 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post

As a liberal, I somewhat agree with the OP especially about pushing the transgender issue. I do think it is damaging to kids. I'm not fond of the woke agenda either. There might have been good intent but it's gone too far.

But I will still vote Democrat. It's possible to weed out the FAR left/progressives and there are still normal Democrats if you look hard enough. I could probably find a few Republicans to vote for but not if they believe false stories of Democrats wanting abortions at the last minute or Democrats wanting to defund the police. I wish Republicans would take a good look at what their masters are telling them--and THINK it through. At least Democrats don't swallow it all hook, line, and sinker. Republicans are not bad. But they do fall for a lot of lies that are told to them.

Old 11-03-2022, 10:36 AM

21,935 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
This happened to me in the early 90s
2008 after making the mistake of voting for Obama. The LAST Democrat I ever voted for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies