Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2022, 10:24 AM

29,491 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
1) Protect a woman's right to choose
2) Increase taxes on the rich
3) Actually believe and follow the science on climate change
4) Actually care about our healthcare and have tried to do something to cover more people...
5) Actually try and protect my right to marry that was granted by the Obergefell decision by SCOTUS...which if this now activist court gets its way would overturn just like w/ Roe

After the Trump disaster, I don't understand how anyone could vote Republican.
I'm with you on 4 and 5.

As far as 3, I believe it climate change, I'm just not sure we can do anything about it unless we some how remove a few billion people from the planet. I'm not sure switching to EV's, or giving cattle probiotics so they don't fart as much is really going to do much.

As far as 2, the wealthy already pay the brunt of taxes in this country. I'd like to see taxes paid evenly, although that would mean 40% of our population would have to start paying "their fair share"

And number 1, it is important, but not as important as the economy, our Southern border, rising crime..etc. At least in my opinion. Either way, the states are dealing with it. Like my state had proposal 3, which passed , so regardless of what party is in power, women can still get their abortions.

And what was the Trump disaster, prior to the pandemic and run up to the 2020 election ? Just curious. The economy was rolling along, our Southern border was getting some attention, it wasn't perfect , but much better than what is going on now. Taxes were lower. There were no threats of war. Gas prices were low. Most people investments were doing great. It was all good.

Old 11-09-2022, 10:38 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Mass hypnosis and indoctrination has taken hold of the country.
Plus the Dark Lord has cast an evil spell! Mwah-ha-ha!

Old 11-09-2022, 10:57 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Lost all hope for the US, this can only end in Civil War

For the country not to overwhelmingly throw out the Democrats with everything they've done especially on child sex mutilation, immigration, COVID, police, national debt, etc etc means that there is no hope.

The Democrats will continue implementing these Marxist ideas until they have an iron grip on everyone, people are going to start shooting, then they're going to come down with the military and what we know as America will be gone
I'm sorry to see you are so upset. I do wonder why you think the police, immigration, COVID, etc are all Marxists ideas. Like, the police, immigration, and a worldwide pandemic are Marxist ideas? OK. Why would this, "only end in Civil War?" Why is violence the first thing you think of. You want to shoot people you disagree? Are you sure. It sounds like some people want to impose their will on everyone else. In this country, we have elections and the people have spoken. Some red gains but certainly no red wave as many here may have anticipated. Cheers.

Old 11-09-2022, 11:11 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
How did Trump brainwash them telling them that inflation is bad and that the energy sector is actually the lifeline of our economy. The policies that Biden has followed has consequences that's why we are struggling now. Biden has been won over by the Chinese government halting all oil and gas exploration and going with China's economy making Electric engines and then forcing electric cars on the people.
Boy, you are misinformed on many levels!

1 - Biden has not "halted all oil and gas exploration". In fact, US petroleum production is at an all-time high.

2 - "going with China's economy making Electric engines.." Not sure what you are trying to say, but Tesla is an American company and it's engines are made in Fremont, California.

3 - "...forcing electric cars on the people". Biden has not forced one single person to buy an electric car.

But consider this vision of the future:

- Weaning our country off of petroleum so that we never again are at the mercy of Saudi Arabia or Russia
- The US leading the world in new technology for electric vehicles and batteries, creating thousands of good paying jobs for engineers and technicians
- Clean jobs for American workers in EV factories, instead of getting black lung working in a coal mine

Doesn't that sound good?

Old 11-09-2022, 11:35 AM

29,491 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Boy, you are misinformed on many levels!

1 - Biden has not "halted all oil and gas exploration". In fact, US petroleum production is at an all-time high.

2 - "going with China's economy making Electric engines.." Not sure what you are trying to say, but Tesla is an American company and it's engines are made in Fremont, California.

3 - "...forcing electric cars on the people". Biden has not forced one single person to buy an electric car.

But consider this vision of the future:

- Weaning our country off of petroleum so that we never again are at the mercy of Saudi Arabia or Russia
- The US leading the world in new technology for electric vehicles and batteries, creating thousands of good paying jobs for engineers and technicians
- Clean jobs for American workers in EV factories, instead of getting black lung working in a coal mine

Doesn't that sound good?
All good, when done within a reasonable timeline, and when the rollout is logical and well thought out. And when viable, and cost effective solutions are available. Neither are true at the time. Not saying we shouldn't progress that way, but let the technology evolve, and the masses dictate the change.

Old 11-09-2022, 12:00 PM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Lost all hope for the US, this can only end in Civil War
Spoken like a true Republican.

Old 11-09-2022, 12:02 PM

9,099 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The President is Democrat.

The Senate is split.

The House Representatives will be Republican.

The Supreme Court is Republican.

What's so hopeless about that? Everybody gets what they want, right?
Correct. The House of Representatives and Supreme Court will stall the leftist agenda.

https://rumble.com/v1sxve8-the-most-...gino-show.html

Old 11-09-2022, 12:02 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
The solution is not a civil war and the issue is not hopeless. The democratic party is a disaster but the GOP did a poor job at nominating quality candidates across the nation. The GOP did not do a good enough job at providing quality candidates as an alternative to repudiate the woke polices of the dems.

Old 11-09-2022, 12:09 PM

9,099 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
The solution is not a civil war and the issue is not hopeless. The democratic party is a disaster but the GOP did a poor job at nominating quality candidates across the nation. The GOP did not do a good enough job at providing quality candidates as an alternative to repudiate the woke polices of the dems.
Yes, the GOP needs to rethink some of their positions to line up better with American voters. Most young people are not religious so the GOP needs to lighten up on abortion restrictions. Let abortions occur freely in the urban areas, strategically reducing the Democrat ranks. They also should support the end of the federal prohibition on marijuana. Return that decision to the states. Finally work on policies that allow some upward economic mobility to win over loyalty of the working, middle and upper class voters.

Old 11-09-2022, 12:11 PM

87 posts, read 44,414 times
It should have been clear that after the 2020 election, the US was going downhill. I'm glad I pulled all my US investments in 2021. I'll invest elsewhere. With Democrats in control, the US will continue to become more of a third world country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies