Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2022, 09:14 AM

29,616 posts, read 14,758,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Why? It was a pretty normal mid-term election all things considered. Pretty much the same pattern as the last several mid-term elections.

Not sure what is so concerning with this in comparison to the last 3-4 mid-term elections.
For many, myself included, we feel this administration is a failure. I for one, thought it would be reflected in the voting booth.

Guess people are fine with the way things are going.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:15 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,618,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
unless you plan on going in a hole and dying...always look forward. by cycle 2024 biden/left supporters will have shot over 60,000 more americans, pushed another couple hundred on subways tracks and half a mil will suck down fentanyl and die. so the overall quality of life picture will continue to degrade.

It appears the GOP will take the house by the slimmest of margins ever, this is good in the fact that the free money legislative agenda has died. based on that, the inflation aspect will ease. prices will NEVER go down - understand that most of all. so it wont get worse except for the fact that everyone in tech is laying off. Based on latest BLS and Treasury cipherings using all the 'guzzintas' it will be 4-6 years before wages catch back up. But in 4-6 years China will be the dominant world economy and the US will be a service economy in support of china so we got that to look forward to.

If'n yall dont like it, yall voted for it. I watched it last night.
I hope so. But the media will put pressure on Republicans to cave.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:15 AM

29,616 posts, read 14,758,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRef View Post
This battle was lost decades ago. This is the result of a one sided media complex. All of the TV networks (and I mean all of them, including cable networks), outside of Fox, promote leftist causes.

The left has a stranglehold in education, sports, journalism, TV, movies, and increasingly the corporate world (D/E/I).

Years of indoctrination are bearing fruit.

That's my pessimistic take.

My hope is that this is all just a rejection of Trump. His policies were great for the country and to me, that is most important. But he was without question toxic to a large portion of the populace. I hope order can be restored with better candidates like DeSantis or Younkin.
Agreed...we are now reaping what we've sown.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:16 AM

984 posts, read 445,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Interesting.
Whatever helps them cope, I guess.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:16 AM

16,707 posts, read 8,409,578 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
For many, myself included, we feel this administration is a failure. I for one, thought it would be reflected in the voting booth.

I wonder the same. Must be people out there with plenty of money who don't care about rising costs? Voting democrat will allow costs to continue to rise. Then we have thousands of poor migrants coming into the country every day. Makes no sense.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:17 AM

1,866 posts, read 937,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Montana and Idaho would be glad to have you. Enjoy your life if that what it takes.

I was recently looking at Montana, Utah, and possibly Idaho for the next move.
California's climate is the best, but the nice weather won't be enough to keep me here for much longer.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:19 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,690,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

I'm not sure people are "fine" with it; however, the GOP never offered up any good plans for a way out of it. They never said how they were going to lower prices on food, gas, etc. What were they going to do in the U.S. to correct a global problem. If it was put out there, they didn't get it out well enough.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:20 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,618,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
How did Trump brainwash them telling them that inflation is bad and that the energy sector is actually the lifeline of our economy. The policies that Biden has followed has consequences that's why we are struggling now. Biden has been won over by the Chinese government halting all oil and gas exploration and going with China's economy making Electric engines and then forcing electric cars on the people.
You’re throwing up your own pet issues I didn’t mention any issues.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:21 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,487,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Lost all hope for the US, this can only end in Civil War
Statements like this are why the Republican Party gets rejected by the people of the USA.

Old 11-09-2022, 09:22 AM

52,385 posts, read 52,844,834 times
I feel as though we've probably made a turn that we can't come back from, especially as young people get into more positions of power. They've been indoctrinating young people for decades now, right under people's noses.

How someone like Fetterman can beat Oz is still amazing to me. Those people are going to get what they voted for I guess.

Of all the races so far that one has me completely baffled, same goes with NY governor, but as the other thread suggested so many people that would have voted her out left the state already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies