Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2022, 12:25 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,111,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I can only pray that its unsustainable gov't spending, and how interest on the debt is exploding. By 2024, interest payments will exceed $500,000,000,000 (that's 500 Billion), & here will be the top 3 line items:

1) Social Security

2) Defense

3) Medicare

4) Interest on the debt (fastest growing out of the top 4)

By 2030, Interest will jump over medicare in annual cost. Printing Monopoly money increases inflation, so that option is coming off the table.

By 2024, gov't spending will exceed 1/2 of GDP, which is everything we make. It has grown 500% since 1932.
Good choices.

I would vote for a Republican for President who I believed would be fiscally responsible.
Flat reduction across the board on all expenditures. Eliminate bunch of tax credits for the wealthy blahy blah blah.

honstly I thought Trump would do better with the budget. Sure he cut taxes but he didn't cut expenses. Smaller revenue, same expenditures...not good for the budget.

In the 70's we were moaning about the interst costs with the federal budget in my economics class...and it is getting worse.

Old 11-14-2022, 12:27 PM

11,242 posts, read 8,344,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Repubs may never see power again
Don't be naive. Both parties have been saying this kind of thing since the beginning of time.

The pendulum will swing. Dems will get too much power, they will screw it up, the voting public will vote for change. The R's will get in power, they will screw it up, the voting public will vote for change.

Lather>Rinse>Repeat....

The best thing the Dems can do right now if they want to EARN more 'power' is:
  1. Continue to remind their base how important it is to show up at the polls, and
  2. Listen to the people, compromise some, and try to do something for America instead of their own party and own pockets.

^They both apply to both parties right now, but the R's (much like the Dems in 2016-2018) need to do some soul searching if they want to become relevant again.

Old 11-14-2022, 01:44 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,197,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
43,000,000 former and current students stood to benefit, & most had Thousands of Dollars on the line, so of course it impacted votes...human nature...no links needed....common sense.

Now, they feel betrayed, & angry, and so are those people close to these lenders...friends & family. Maybe 100,000,000 voters now know of this vote buying scheme, that failed to pay out...a purely evil violation of young voters trust. It will come back to haunt Libs in 2024.

I've posted the Republican "Commitment to America" plan here ad nauseum, yet Libs still say Pubs had no plan...FALSE! For the 100th time, here it is....again:

https://www.republicanleader.gov/commitment/.
I skimmed through the plan you linked and do not see anything concrete aside from blaming Biden. For example, how would they bring manufacturing back to the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Haha that’s a lot of talk, the only reason Dems are in power is because every 50/50 race continues to break their way since 2020, you don’t realize how close you are to losing. Once Republicans neutralize mail in voting and invest money in analytics to find areas to ballot harvest like Dems do they will start winning. You have to play dirty to beat the Dems because they aren’t afraid to do anything it takes to win, their base is lunatics whose happiness is decided by who wins elections, they stop at nothing.
So, your plan is to cut back on the number of voters--makes sense. The more people that vote the less likely R's win. And you end with recommending the R's commit fraud. Well, the R's are the party of corruption and no values now.

Old 11-14-2022, 01:48 PM

10,549 posts, read 6,195,374 times
Republican policy:

1. Hate on the Democrats
2. Block everything the Democrats try to do.
3. Rinse and repeat.

They don't have any actual policies. That's their problem.

Old 11-14-2022, 02:06 PM

1,376 posts, read 485,076 times
I'm sure that an irrationalist collective with no one to blame but the people they vote for will continue reinstating them to the point of destitution and anarch-tyranny. Because the paragon of sanity is to keep repeating the mistakes and hope for a different outcome? Mind you I don't believe the GOP is exempt from this model nor do I think that indiscriminate mail-in balloting which seems to continuously benefit one party for some strange reason is the way of the future; its mechanisms certainly appear geared towards one party since I myself can anecdotally attest to having received a ballot in the mail despite never having asked for one while my disabled relative who votes consistently conservative never got one. A coincidence though, I'm sure.

Old 11-14-2022, 02:11 PM

26,064 posts, read 19,034,323 times
Well, whatcha know???? It was the DEMS that failed to retain the house. That's what you get for opening your mouth too soon. Your Gods lost the house. I wouldn't call that a failure on liberty's side. I'd call it a failure on authoritarian collectivist's side.

(note: I'm well aware that it's temporary. But it's at least for two years. Eventually the authoritarian collectivist darkness will completely consume this nation and we go to a book of revelations sort of thing and camps being opened in a desert near you)

Old 11-14-2022, 02:32 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,813,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Republican policy:

1. Hate on the Democrats
2. Block everything the Democrats try to do.
3. Rinse and repeat.

They don't have any actual policies. That's their problem.
Democrat policy:

1. Tax everything in sight until it dies.
2. Repeat #1.

They don't have any actual policies.

Old 11-14-2022, 02:42 PM

10,549 posts, read 6,195,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Democrat policy:

1. Tax everything in sight until it dies.
2. Repeat #1.

They don't have any actual policies.
The American people do not agree. Hence the success in the midterms.

Old 11-14-2022, 02:56 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,813,630 times
Quote:
False.

The only thing the American people agree on is that the republicans' candidates were crappier than the democrats' candidates.

Old 11-14-2022, 03:15 PM

7,178 posts, read 4,769,973 times
Quote:
Democrats lost.
Rs have a mandate in the house to cause gridlock.
Leave it to Ds to call that “success.”
The turnout of Ds was for their abortions.
That’s the type of thing that motivates them, along with free money.
Abortion and loan forgiveness. Yippee!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies