Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 11:09 AM

4,548 posts, read 2,275,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
How about we hear the Democrat's plan first?

Is it still we have to spend a ton more money to fix inflation or do they have a new plan now?

I thought the dem plan was the Inflation Reduction Act. When will that start to work I wonder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2022, 11:13 AM

29,510 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
I have no doubt 2024 will be a Newsom victory for President. I do think the Mega Maga bait will eventually die down and not last another 2 years till 2024. It will be a new boogie man, any ideas anyone what the new deflective will be.
Newsome ?! Holy hell...that would be horrible.....well , at least for the middle class.

Old 11-16-2022, 11:18 AM

29,510 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I'm a very conservative person and I voted blue for the first time in my life. I really don't agree with the democrats on much if anything.

After January 6 I had to pick my country over myself. Remember when the USA was great it was country first and then family.
Interesting. So, because some asshats lost their **** and thought rioting in the Capitol was something rational, you voted against your best interests ? You definitely thought a lot on that one.

Old 11-18-2022, 03:50 AM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So instead of discussing economic factors and how the pandemic impacted the global and national economy -- you choose once again to hurl insults at the liberal voters, people who didn't vote like you.

It means nothing.

Of course credit card debt is going to surge during inflation and with interest rates going up.

But the credit card crisis started years ago. In 2019 we hit a credit card high that was bigger than 2009. Why is that?

And how could that debt be reduced given the eocnomic turmoil that started in March of 2020.....and yes continued with massive supply chain disruptions , severe shortage of oil production nationally and globally and the Ukraine war that furthers impact the cost of goods in Europe.

Trump wasn't reposnsible for the credit card debt in 2019. Because it happened in 2019, doesn't mean he is assigned the blame.
But if we are going to hear how rosy life was , let's look at the facts.

Can you speak to why the debt was the highest it had been since 2008 in 2019.

Speak to the issue not your feelings about the poeople that don't vote the same way as you.

And I do agree with the person who suggested while Republicans were touting inflation as the biggest issue, there was little presented on what the plan was to cut inflation.

Bankruptcy!

Lots of people were out of work, losing their homes and living off credit cards in 2009-2010.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...pter-7-debtor/

This credit card debt was discharged or greatly reduced following the bankruptcy.

Far fewer people were filing bankruptcy in 2019.

A more meaningful metric would be credit card delinquency rates, then and now.

https://www.investopedia.com/histori...-rates-5120737

Old 11-18-2022, 04:23 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,365,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Most Lib voters, & some Indy's too, don't care about bad economic news, they've already proven that Nov 8th, 2022.

We've had the highest inflation in 40+ years, by definition...we're in a recession, >1/2 live paycheck to paycheck, housing is less affordable than ever, homelessness is rampant, we're $31T in debt, & less Americans are working than we had in 2000.

If you think credit card debt surging 15% will change Libs minds, this election didn't teach you anything.

Please pay closer attention & try harder to listen to what Lib voters are telling the World. WE coud alide into a depression next year, & they'll still vote Blue in 2024. Need proof? See Detroit.
Thats not always true. Democrats I know dont like the inflation or high gas prices, they just find some absurd rationale that allows them to not blame their party for causing it or being unable to do anything about it.
I heard the White House yesterday give a response to news that Joe Biden would be the target of investigations into his sons business dealings.
Biden said something like it being a distraction from all the hard work he was doing to bring prices down for American families
His supporters believe that. **** em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies