Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2022, 12:07 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,399,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Just because you say so doesn't make it true. Why don't you have this much angst towards handguns ? You do realize they've been used more often in these types of shootings.

So is your issue with semi auto firearms, magazine capacity ...what exactly ? I guess i just don't understand. This rifle is no different than any other semi auto mag fed rifle, why can't you understand that ?
I will go out on a limb and say most opposed to semi auto rifles aren't fans of semi auto hand guns.

Old 11-21-2022, 12:07 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
An AR15 isn't a handgun.

So there's that. I feel gaslighted here, on this forum, but many people, who enjoy hunting and guns, believe there's no place for an AR15 in a citizen's hand.

If it takes that to take out a deer, try some other hobby that you might have some aptitude for.
Well, that is part of the catch.

It isn't about hunting, it isn't about a hobby, it is about the power of the people to tell the government that if they go the way of the tyrant, they may not win that war but it will cost them dearly.....and for what things have turned into, the AR-15 is the best rifle for the citizens to have, that, effectively, the citizens can have.

We are suppose to be matched to what the military has but we don't have that anymore.....so this is the best thing today.

Old 11-21-2022, 12:08 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
are you ok?
Do you even know what it is?

Old 11-21-2022, 12:12 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Gun control does work as reducing the supply of legal guns also reduces the supply of guns to be stolen.

But that ship sailed long ago in the US. Too many guns out there for any new gun control to do anything short of seizures. Which ain't happening.

So mental health then? What is the proposal to do about that exactly? Universal health care with mental health coverage? Seems the same people that are adamantly against gun control are against that too. So, offer up a solution.

Old 11-21-2022, 12:13 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, that is part of the catch.

It isn't about hunting, it isn't about a hobby, it is about the power of the people to tell the government that if they go the way of the tyrant, they may not win that war but it will cost them dearly.....and for what things have turned into, the AR-15 is the best rifle for the citizens to have, that, effectively, the citizens can have.

We are suppose to be matched to what the military has but we don't have that anymore.....so this is the best thing today.
When you say "best thing", I don't see it.

I see very few who have felt like they have to fight off "the government", and countless rows of headstones of people who have been shot mercilessly - and surprisingly quickly - by nutjobs who are bent on harming innocent people.

I DON'T believe we are supposed to be "matched" by the military, and that's why we don't have armored tanks, and bombs.

Old 11-21-2022, 12:21 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
An AR15 isn't a handgun.

So there's that. I feel gaslighted here, on this forum, but many people, who enjoy hunting and guns, believe there's no place for an AR15 in a citizen's hand.

If it takes that to take out a deer, try some other hobby that you might have some aptitude for.
Never said it was, other than they are both semi auto, and the handgun is used more often.

Gaslighted ? LOL. Maybe if you'd listen and pay attention to some of the facts that are presented to you, people wouldn't call you out.

My friends that hunt, will only use a 5.56 AR for deer. They prefer something more powerful for Elk and stuff, though.

I don't hunt, my firearms are for self defense. My AR is configured a as handgun, that i can legally carry concealed (not that i do).

Can you even explain why you think the AR is different than any other semi auto rifle ? I guess i could understand an individual wanted all semi auto firearms banned, that would make sense, they all function, relatively the same. But to ban or restrict something by name or looks just baffles me.

Old 11-21-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:

I see very few who have felt like they have to fight off "the government", and countless rows of headstones of people who have been shot mercilessly - and surprisingly quickly - by nutjobs who are bent on harming innocent people.

I DON'T believe we are supposed to be "matched" by the military, and that's why we don't have armored tanks, and bombs.
More people are killed in car crashes each year then by someone else shooting them with a gun. And most people killed by getting shot are from DV and gang activity. And of curse the self inflicted suicides.

It's not random shooters.

Why don't you want to ban cars? Kills like 3x the amount of people.

Old 11-21-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Never said it was, other than they are both semi auto, and the handgun is used more often.

Gaslighted ? LOL. Maybe if you'd listen and pay attention to some of the facts that are presented to you, people wouldn't call you out.

My friends that hunt, will only use a 5.56 AR for deer. They prefer something more powerful for Elk and stuff, though.

I don't hunt, my firearms are for self defense. My AR is configured a as handgun, that i can legally carry concealed (not that i do).

Can you even explain why you think the AR is different than any other semi auto rifle ? I guess i could understand an individual wanted all semi auto firearms banned, that would make sense, they all function, relatively the same. But to ban or restrict something by name or looks just baffles me.
I asked her if she even knew what an AR15 is.

She snarked back in response. She has no idea.

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post

It’s s middle America mid-sized metro. El Paso County has about 750K people. So a decent size while still being ‘the sticks’ for the coastal news elitist types
It's the biggest County in all of Colorado. Probably the population of one and a half Wyomings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
There was a time maybe 15 years back when Colorado Springs’ city council was so dominated by ‘no taxes ever’ types that the city literally couldn’t afford to keep the street lights on but they’ve had more reasonable politicians with better understanding of funding necessities come along since then.
But they've had more "reasonable politicians" who have squandered the money on other stuff.

Colorado Springs has a horrible infrastructure, case in point, Fountain River pollution and stormwater runoff and potholes the size of hellholes.

Klingenschmitt, Ted Haggard FOTF religious fall-from-gracer and other whacko folks in the past have brought some really bad legislation to Colorado and may have drank from the waters of the Fountain. Some stupid anti-gay amendment got Colorado boycotted from California. So, there are no angels on either side, when you look at the whole history.

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:

Bombs...isn't that how this asshat first showed up on the LEO's radar ?

As far as tanks and armored vehicles...here are some for sale.
Military vehicles for sale | EXARMYVEHICLES.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies