Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2022, 08:27 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times

Advertisements

Today, November 20th, is the Transgender Day of Rememberance.

32 Trans people have been murdered this year, just in the USA, over 300 in the past 10 years. At least 15 by police or while incarcerated.

This targeted genocide in America (and around the world) must stop.

The attacks by right wing extremists in the US government must stop.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...2/10710530002/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 08:38 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post

32 Trans people have been murdered this year, just in the USA, over 300 in the past 10 years. At least 15 by police or while incarcerated.

Can you show us where in your thread where it mentions "right wing extremist"?

I could have missed it....but I'll let you show all of us where it is mentioned in your provided link.

Old 11-20-2022, 08:42 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
If I recall correctly, a disproportionate number of trans individuals are killed by black men. Don't expect that narrative to ever pop up, though, as it goes against the leftist narrative.

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:

How many were killed by police versus while incarcerated? That is a HUGE difference.

There was a transgender murder near me a few years ago.

The MTF transgender was killed by the 'wife', also a MTF transgender.

The Human Rights Campaign reports it as a hate crime. How? If anything it would be a DV homicide or just straight up murder (person was shot). Not a hate crime. Unless the transgender hated himself?

Forgive me if I want extra details on the stats knowing how they get misrepresented.

8,772 posts, read 5,062,427 times
Quote:

Just posted something similiar an another thread. So tired of trans. Why single them out. What about the children, the elderly, and men and women that are targeted everyday....especially the police. Trans need to get over themselves....they are not special.

4,910 posts, read 2,059,477 times
Quote:

Before you get on your high horse and throw out some BS about Right Wing Extremist that are responsible for all these deaths, first tell us now many of the deaths were caused by members within the LGBT group.

I’d bet that most of these deaths were at the hands of their own community members verses by roving groups of Nazis and KKK members or by the police. On a side note, I really don’t care what happens in other countries since many of those countries have their own laws. So, as an American I would make it a point not to travel to a country that prohibits my own lifestyle… I love bacon and smoked ham, so I seriously doubt that I will be traveling to Saudi Arabia any time soon.

Your post is basically worthless since it’s based on emotions and very little facts. Sorry, but throwing out Left Wing propaganda doesn’t prove your point.

As Charlie and Rose stated above, you guys/gals or whatever the new term is today are not special, so get over yourselves. If you can simply do that, people might take you more seriously.

And yes, nobody deserves to be murdered for any reason.

Last edited by bergun; 11-20-2022 at 08:51 AM..

Old 11-20-2022, 08:45 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Before you get on your high horse and throw out some BS about Right Wing Extremist that are responsible for all these deaths, first tell us now many of the deaths were caused by members within the LGBT group.

I’d bet that most of these deaths were at the hands of their own community members verses by roving groups of Nazis and KKK members.

Your post is basically worthless since it’s based on emotions and very little facts. Sorry, but throwing out Left Wing propaganda doesn’t prove your point.

And yes, nobody deserves to be murdered for any reason.
It's also important to know the circumstance.

Sex work is common among trans population. Anyone involved in criminal activity is more likely to get killed.

These aren't cases where a person was walking down the street and got randomly jumped during the middle of the day unprovoked. There are usually very specific circumstances.

Old 11-20-2022, 08:47 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Can you show us where in your thread where it mentions "right wing extremist"?

I could have missed it....but I'll let you show all of us where it is mentioned in your provided link.
Not in the link, it's my comment.

Greg Abbot, Desantis, Taylor-Green, Donald Trump, Rand Paul, and many, many more have, and are making hate an open season on transgendered people, and acceptable by other extreme bigots and religious zealots.

Don't shoot the messenger, I just call / post as I see it, as a human being. Some folks here ought to consider their humanity and put it ahead of derrision and hate for others.

Last edited by jamies; 11-20-2022 at 09:45 AM..

Old 11-20-2022, 08:50 AM

10,033 posts, read 9,510,807 times
Quote:
Not in the link, it's my comment.

Greg Abbot, Desantis, Taylor-Green, Donald Trump, Rand Paul, and many, many more have, and are making hate an open season on transgendered people, and acceptable by other extreme bigots and religious zealots - such as are posting right now on the nightclub thread.
No they’re not, just baseless claims on your part. Shame on you.

Old 11-20-2022, 08:50 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
30 people is a "targeted genocide" ?? That is an insult to the millions of people that have lost their own lives and loved ones to real genocide.

I don't think anyone should murder anyone unless they are asking for it by actively attacking someone and the scene turns into one where it is me or him. Of course it is wrong to target a gay or trans person just for being who they are but how many more people have been murdered for being the wrong place at the wrong time and have white or black skin or even being attacked for being Asian?

Do you really think that "right wing extremists in Government" are suggesting that Trans people be murdered? I'd say we have far more Left wing Extremists in Government that have put a target on white people. They have certainly put a target on Police Officers. There has been 55 murders of LEO's so far this year which is actually down from 66 in 2021.

I agree with you OP murder is bad and should be outlawed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies