Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 03:57 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoncruiser View Post
Don’t make us laugh.

You literally vote for the most corrupt and grifting candidates. Your fascist president is knee deep in China and Ukraine money laundering and we’re supposed to be impressed? Democrats hate the working class, explains why your cities have the most economic disparity.

You love the working class so much your cities are the most unaffordable for the working class. This is why partisan politics is bad, you end up with delusional individuals who think they are the champion for the common folk when your policies are rotten and benefit the 1% political elite. No wonder the richest politicians are Democrats bar none.

Thanks for the chuckle! Mass exodus out of your working class hating states and cities proves you and your party are full of it.
you posted generalizations and your own personal opinion. Post specifics and we can actually debate the issue.

I also want to point out that "economic disparity" is an overused and misused term.

it basically means ciites have rich people who screw the numbers when it comes to income inequality

But here is the thing. a person in a major city making $40,000 is still better off than the person in a town of 4,000 making $14,000 a year.

you are using fancy terms while not actually paying attention to what they mean and why it matters.

Old 11-28-2022, 02:19 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I'm impressed by your knowledge, but disappointed by the shallowness of your assessments.
Shallow, misogynistic, uninformed ... You name it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Amy Klobuchar IS too fat, which is a sign that she isn't healthy.
Trump is too fat and unhealthy. Did you vote for him?

Old 11-28-2022, 06:03 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
Klobuchar's Senate election is the same year. I don't see how she could manage re-election in MN and another Presidential run. It's not like MN is solid for her like NJ is for Cory Booker, who could give the Presidenctial run a shot and then back out and run for his Senate seat and not worry about debating or really competing against a GOP candidate.

And the Black voters, BLM, are completely opposed to her and grew to hate her more while went under scrutiny. They might sit it voting in MN this time too. According to quickfacts, Blacks represent 7.2% of MN population, slightly under the national average which is 13.6% but 7.2% is still significant.

It would be pretty odd for Buttigieg to challenge Harris. They are both the Biden administration at this point, and she is higher ranked with the VP role. If he attempts to challenge her, the sexism argument of a woman can't be President will be brought up.

Elizabeth Warren and Jon Tester are also up for re-election next year. I hope Warren has a Democratic primary challenge in MA with a more likeable progressive or a moderate defeating her. The Democrats throughout the country didn't feel she was the right fit. Even in MA, she lost but if she doesn't have a competitor, then she could be re-elected for her Senate seat.

Both Tester and Sherrod Brown are up for re-election in 2024, and are in Red states. That being said, maybe Sherrod Brown who has been in Senate for too long and will likely lose his Seat anyways, could retire from that, and focus on a Presidential run. He is pally with Kamala Harris though and not sure if he'd fight for it against her or Biden.
This is one of the best posts of its kind that I've ever seen here - calm, sensible, well-informed, astute, and even grammatical!

Personally, about Buttigieg, I just think he's lacking in any large-scale experience.

Old 11-28-2022, 06:34 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
What a roster of scumbaggery and underachievement.

Old 11-28-2022, 07:13 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,878 times
Quote:
I'm impressed by your knowledge, but disappointed by the shallowness of your assessments. It makes no sense to quibble about a candidate being too fat (at least for a man), since people didn't care that Trump is obese. But your reply has almost nothing about them in political terms.
Not a Trump fan, but while he is definitely overweight, the loathsome Pritzker is obese. The only reason he is in office is he's rich and Chicago voters are partisan, low info morons

Old 11-28-2022, 08:44 PM

2,388 posts, read 2,341,464 times
Quote:

Pay the closest attention to …
Kamala Harris, Pete Buttigieg, Gretchen Whitmer

Keep an eye on …
Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth Warren, Roy Cooper, Sherrod Brown, J.B. Pritzker, Ro Khanna

I’m intrigued …
Mark Kelly, Raphael Warnock, Jared Polis, Jon Tester, Andy Besmear

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/10/o...crat-2024.html
The bold are the ones that can pose some sort of threat imo. Warnock hasn't clinched his seat, a woman as a Demwit nominee won't work, and neither will gay men. Pritzker makes DJT look fit.

A name that people aren't discussing is John Bel Edwards.

Old 11-28-2022, 09:01 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

Amy Klobuchar -- too fat. Sorry, but thin is in.
Then I guess both Trump and Desantis are out? Good to know.

Old 11-28-2022, 09:06 PM

1,839 posts, read 677,172 times
Quote:
This is one of the best posts of its kind that I've ever seen here - calm, sensible, well-informed, astute, and even grammatical!

Personally, about Buttigieg, I just think he's lacking in any large-scale experience.
Thanks. Agree about Buttigieg- lacking experience. He doesn’t have enough charisma and another thing is he can come off as smarmy.

Jared Polis of Colorado would be a better choice for the gay white male candidate.

Another candidate I was thinking is Larry Hogan, former governor of Maryland. Originally I thought he could run as a Republican but he has limited likelihood when most of Republican voters are MAGA. So, he might be better off switching to the Democratic Party as he doesn’t have much common with the current Republican Party anyways.

He would still be very moderate and could be critical of how far Left the Left has gone and have an appeal, maybe, while supporting keeping affordable care act, womens rights, gay marriage and acknowledging climate change, likely the bare minimum to be a Democrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies