Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2022, 10:04 AM

2,417 posts, read 2,988,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Exclusivity: Should trans - womxn be allowed to dominate/compete in real women sports?

In other words, should men dominate women sports? If yes, then, should women/girls even decide to participate in sports?

Those biological girls are going to lose against biological men, 100% of the time, every time.
Odd that you chose to use "dominate/compete" since those are two different concepts. You refer to transwomen as men, so that seems to suggest that they you mean adults who have not undergone any hormone treatment. Also, you think they will win 100% of the time, so that also suggests that they have not undergone any physical changes. Is that what you mean? Such a small percentage of people are trans and an even smaller percentage choose to participate in sport and excel at it, that I wonder why this is such an issue. Professional sports, there are or will be guideline, so I don't think we have to worry too much about it there. In schools, again, we're talking about a small number of trans students. There are so many benefits to participating in sports that I think we should be encouraging trans kids to participate. They deserve the benefits from the physical activity and the confidence it fosters just as much, if not more, than the other students. So few girls earn sports scholarships that I don't think that is the primary reason for participating in school sports anyway. At least it shouldn't be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2022, 10:29 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,246,623 times
Yes, younger women are the primary proponents of the current transgender fad/mass hysteria.
If this is not what they want, then maybe they should re-examine their beliefs.

Old 12-02-2022, 11:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Exclusivity: Should trans - womxn be allowed to dominate/compete in real women sports?

In other words, should men dominate women sports? If yes, then, should women/girls even decide to participate in sports?

Those biological girls are going to lose against biological men, 100% of the time, every time.
I do think there are serious concerns with trans women who compete against women. I think each sport community has to have that open dialogue....and the athletes themselves.

Do you ban trans women from competing against women but allow trans men to compete?

I don't know.

Real dialogue needs to happen.

But be clear -- if a sporting community does adapt a policy of having a trans and non-binary division -- that will be criticized too.

For many it isn't about the 'fairness' or 'sportsmanship' it's just about NOT allowing trans/non-binary to be mainstreamed at amu costs, including setting up a separate league for trans/non-binary.

Old 12-02-2022, 11:59 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I do think there are serious concerns with trans women who compete against women. I think each sport community has to have that open dialogue....and the athletes themselves.

Do you ban trans women from competing against women but allow trans men to compete?

I don't know.

But be clear -- if a sporting community does adapt a policy of having a trans and non-binary division -- that will be criticized too.

For many it isn't about the 'fairness' or 'sportsmanship' it's just about NOT allowing trans/non-binary to be mainstreamed at amu costs, including setting up a separate league for trans/non-binary.
I 100% agree with you.

The problem is that when they tried to have that dialogue, the very far left pro-Trans types and their weak willed synchophants started screaming bigot and transphobe at people and trying to get them fired\canceled.

Old 12-02-2022, 12:20 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:

I don't know.

It really is about the fairness and sportsmanship. Letting trans woman compete against girls and women is really unfair.

I think the not buying into, accepting and mainstreaming the trans thing came later, after sports and private facilities were invaded by men. At some point people push back when they realize that going along with it just emboldened people to walk all over women and girls.

Old 12-02-2022, 08:29 PM

3,042 posts, read 5,001,639 times
Quote:

I don't know.

Women's division for biological women. Open division for anyone: men, women, or trans. Trans men can not compete in any division if they are on male hormones as that is a banned substance.

Practically no one is trying to block trans people from competing because they are trans. There are advantages males have that are not eradicated any amount of hormone therapy. To say otherwise is a completely disingenuous attempt at re-framing the argument.

Old 12-02-2022, 08:43 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,912,815 times
I was a d1 athlete in college and i say bring it on.

Old 12-02-2022, 08:53 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
If men started playing women's basketball, it would be an improvement, but keep them the hell away from women's volleyball or there will be hell to pay.

Old 12-02-2022, 09:03 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It really is about the fairness and sportsmanship. Letting trans woman compete against girls and women is really unfair.

I think the not buying into, accepting and mainstreaming the trans thing came later, after sports and private facilities were invaded by men. At some point people push back when they realize that going along with it just emboldened people to walk all over women and girls.
This is a small concern, Utah which put a ban in place because they had two trans girls. Other states likely have similar numbers. Some states put together a panel, I would bet that there aren’t 2 trans women dominatinfg in any state.

How many trans women are dominating sports in your state.

Old 12-02-2022, 09:12 PM

3,042 posts, read 5,001,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would bet that there aren’t 2 trans women dominatinfg in any state.

https://adflegal.org/article/i-was-f...t-unfair-fight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies