Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2022, 07:44 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Trump lost me

I don't understand why people are deciding anything right now.

Two years away from an election... nobody has to take a definitive position on anything.

What am I missing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2022, 07:55 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Trump lost me

I don't understand why people are deciding anything right now.

Two years away from an election... nobody has to take a definitive position on anything.

What am I missing?
You're missing that an election is a 2 year process. If Trump isn't dismissed as a candidate, QUICKLY and DECISIVELY, it will be a painful process that causes the Republican party to lose yet another presidential election.

Old 12-04-2022, 07:58 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You're missing that an election is a 2 year process. If Trump isn't dismissed as a candidate, QUICKLY and DECISIVELY, it will be a painful process that causes the Republican party to lose yet another presidential election.
I'll just be here chewing on my popcorn as Arizona goes blue again. Hopefully we are purple in the Senate though...

Old 12-04-2022, 07:58 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
In typical liberal fashion, you mischaracterize the intent of his message.

It’s not surprising at all.

“ A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitutionâ€
Still claiming that there is massive fraud at this point is insanity, adding to the claim that it gives anyone the right to ignore the constitution is other worldly.

If a president loses an election claiming unproven fraud is that reason enough to do away with the constitution, or did I miss the context of his statement.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:04 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Still claiming that there is massive fraud at this point is insanity, adding to the claim that it gives anyone the right to ignore the constitution is other worldly.

If a president loses an election claiming unproven fraud is that reason enough to do away with the constitution, or did I miss the context of his statement.
Nope. You got it right. That’s what Trump is saying. I desperately hope the GOP runs a competent candidate that I can vote for, but if it’s Trump I know he will lose. And he should.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Nope. You got it right. That’s what Trump is saying. I desperately hope the GOP runs a competent candidate that I can vote for, but if it’s Trump I know he will lose. And he should.
The problem is the Republican Party by its base eats this up. Until the Republican base changes from being a bunch of MAGAts to being REAL Americans again, I cannot accept them. Except Maricopa County Republicans of course...

Old 12-04-2022, 08:23 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
...whatever it takes and however to play it the right way...

Old 12-04-2022, 08:28 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Trump went through four years of hell that would have put almost anyone else either in the nut house or six feet under. At the very least PTSD. I'm surprised that he can even function halfway normally. It has obviously affected him. His bitterness about what the left has done to him has become a huge factor in his behavior, words, and thought processes. I can totally understand his behavior. But having said that, I wonder if he has lost sight of what it is he set out to do six years ago... the reason he was elected in the first place.

Having said that, I really don't see anyone filling the gap. There is DeSantis, but he really needs to stick with what he is doing in Florida. I don't want him to run for president. The federal snakepit WILL destroy him just as it destroyed Trump. So Desantis needs to stick with saving Florida from hell. It's better that one state be saved and forty-nine burn in hell than it is for fifty states to burn in hell. Forget national elections. We need to find a way to reestablish state sovereignty without bloodshed. We need to separate into our "red" states and "blue" states and become as insular as possible.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:37 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
It's better that one state be saved and forty-nine burn in hell than it is for fifty states to burn in hell.
Austin will burn in hell but the rest of us prefer not to.

Thanks,

Signed, Texas.

Old 12-04-2022, 09:14 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Austin will burn in hell but the rest of us prefer not to.

Thanks,

Signed, Texas.
Texas is saved, no thanks to those Austin Heathens, thank the lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies