Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 05:24 PM

23,642 posts, read 12,553,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Giuliani and his lawyer met with the Pittsburgh US Attorney for 5 hours with a copy of the hard drive contents in Jan 2021. This was a Trump appointed US attorney rather than allowing them to continue the original investigation in Delaware in 2018.

The FBI did not hide the laptop as per your unknown whistleblower, nothing ever became of the hard drive. There are so many hard drives copies floating around at this point who knows.
Proof? Have you given your keyboard warrior proof to congress and/or the media?

Old 12-06-2022, 08:35 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I want the truth, simply put. While recognizing I might not ever get it. At times in history, people who call themselves journalists have cared about shining a light on the truth. Not redirecting the light away from it, so "Congress can get things done."

I don't want the Congress to get anything done anyway. I think we're at the point where Congress "getting things done" is actively harmful to the American people.
Everybody wants the truth. Some people want that truth to reflect what they want to believe and will twist themselves into a pretzel to get it. Partisan spin is not the truth. Committees, while chaired by the majority are still bipartisan committees. I would trust that report on Joe Biden and any potential conflict of interest vs Elon Musk and Twitter.

You might have to elaborate on that rather bizarre statement about Congress not getting anything done. What exactly do you mean by that? There is no this or that about Congress getting things done vs legitimate over sight. Both can and must be accomplished.

Without a functioning Congress we wouldn't have for instance the Hydropower Permit Extension Act passed in 2017 which extends permits and incentivize the development of hydropower. How exactly is that harmful?

What about the 2020 bipartisan Preventing Drug Shortages Act? You think that's harmful as well?

This is the Congress I want to see. Both sides working together to pass laws that are beneficial, and oversight that is legitimate.
Stop living in your spin bubble and start reading and researching. There's a wealth of information out there you are missing in favor of following what your side wants you to see and believe.

Old 12-06-2022, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Man you are full of surprises.
Republican trying to find dirt on Biden....wow..After the Steel dossier paid for by the DNC and Hillary digging up dirt on Trump. Which turn out to be just that.
Tax payer expense? Another just WOW....after nearly two years of Jan 6th committee and four years of two impeachments and the one sided 'investigations' you have the nerve to make such a comment about cost to the taxpayer.

With the republican taking the House that is exactly what I want....get nothing done by further a Biden costly agenda.

Why exactly why is Hunter Biden's laptop a conspiracy theory? I think its a leftist conspiracy to deny the laptop story just as it was with the Steel dossier and two impeachments.
Read this and watch the video:
https://www.theblaze.com/shows/the-w...d-from-ukraine
Do you think that video is evidence of an impeachable offense.
OMG did you research your source? Media Bias Fact Check: The Blaze " Questionable. low credibility, promotion of conspiracy theories and failed fact checks."

Again. Go read the report in 2020 by the Republican Senate Ron Johnson chair of the Homeland Security Committee. It states, while Hunter Biden's role in Burisma while awkward, the report states that there is no evidence of any wrong doing by Joe Biden. Don't you think after the investigation by the senate if any wrong doing by Joe Biden was there it would have been screamed from every mountain top? They tried desperately to spin it to look like there was wrong doing, and that's the problem. People falling for spin and garbage web sites like this. Go read the report. Because what you're believing now is just spin. Just like what Bill Barr did with the Mueller report. I read it cover to cover and it is nothing like what Bill Barr said it was. Go read it. It will blow your mind.

Come on look at the track record. The Mueller report produced many convictions on team Trump's side. How many pardons did Trump give to the criminals? The Durham report? A big fat zero. Benghazi? Another Pffft political stunt.

What's it going to take before you come off of this conspiracy driven sugar high? I swear you guys fall for every one over and over. Why? Did you go stand on the corner waiting for JFK to return as well?

Old 12-06-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
After 6 years of witch hunts and persecutions of Trump....now it's suddenly time for Congress "to focus on getting things done". Yeah, lol. You libs are a laff riot.

<Insert clown emoji>
I am not a liberal. I am an Independent. I swear you righties regurgitate this crap like a bunch of trained seals.

That 6 years of "witch hunt" produced a lot of witches that needed pardons, ya think? You want to talk about the many convictions surrounding team Trump? Of course not. It doesn't fit you trained seal narrative. You want to talk about the criminal Trump U? The Trump foundation? Lets see what happens with Trump.org which his accountant was just convicted of fraud. That's what? All okay because he's your guy?

Oh but it's the Democrats right? Everyone of those judges and jurors were Democrats. It has to be right. That fits the narrative you want to believe. It's just bizarre that truth and facts mean nothing to you.

Watch out for those birds. They're watching.

Lordy. read something intelligent vs bubble spin.

Old 12-06-2022, 09:15 AM

1,699 posts, read 614,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I am not a liberal. I am an Independent. I swear you righties regurgitate this crap like a bunch of trained seals.

That 6 years of "witch hunt" produced a lot of witches that needed pardons, ya think? You want to talk about the many convictions surrounding team Trump? Of course not. It doesn't fit you trained seal narrative. You want to talk about the criminal Trump U? The Trump foundation? Lets see what happens with Trump.org which his accountant was just convicted of fraud. That's what? All okay because he's your guy?

Oh but it's the Democrats right? Everyone of those judges and jurors were Democrats. It has to be right. That fits the narrative you want to believe. It's just bizarre that truth and facts mean nothing to you.

Watch out for those birds. They're watching.

Lordy. read something intelligent vs bubble spin.
For an “independent” you sure are regurgitating all the left’s talking points. A true independent would want censorship corruption exposed. A true independent is much more skeptical of big business including big tech. Sorry if I’m doubting your independent claim.

Old 12-06-2022, 09:21 AM

25,768 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
OMG did you research your source? Media Bias Fact Check: The Blaze " Questionable. low credibility, promotion of conspiracy theories and failed fact checks."
Oh Jeeziz, the "fact checkers" again.

I'm surprised you were brave enough to even post that. The "fact checkers" were fact-checked out of existence years ago. Zero credibility.

Old 12-06-2022, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Having knowledge of its existence is a far cry from having the data that was on it. In early 2020, Isaac contacted some members of congress about it but never heard back from them.

The FBI had a copy of it since Nov 2019 and the original laptop since Dec 2019, and the FBI apparently hid it. Unknown if the DOJ even knew about it. What evidence do you have that the DOJ had it?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hun...ory-a-timeline

Are you a cyber security expert? The data on the copy of hard drive had been examined by experts, former/retired FBI, Secret Service, etc. They verified the data as authentic...but you know better than them?
The FBI has the original and if what is reported to be on the hard drive is false then they had been mum on correcting the record. Obviously they hadn't been investigating it, so there is nothing stopping them from commenting on it.
Fox News. Yeah more spin. Got it.

More than 50 former intelligence officers have signed off on a letter stating that " the disclosure of emails allegedly belonging to Joe Biden's son has all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation. "

So Fox news or two Republican led committees that said there was no wrong doing by Biden in 2020? Who do you want to believe? You think those committees were inept, or did they have the information?

Look. Go read the Mueller report on how Russia interfered in our 2016 election. Putin would do anything to get his pro Russia candidate elected again. Why do you think there was all this negative NATO talk early on in Trump's presidency?

Once again look at the Republican's track record. Durham report? A big fat zero. Mueller? Multiple convictions and pardons for criminals from Trump.

If Congress impeaches Biden, it will go nowhere in the Senate. It could also harm the Republican's in the 2024 election cycle. After this last dismal red piddle up and down ballot, don't you think the American people are tired of the toxic MAGA mentality?

Oversight is an important part of Congress, but it must be legitimate. You can't claim one side is a witch hunt with multiple convictions that tries to legitimize a partisan witch hunt towards the other side that has already been investigated by two committees and a special council that has come up empty handed. Enough of the dysfunction.

Old 12-06-2022, 09:33 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,704 times
Quote:
Yeah more spin. Got it.

You certainly do provide a lot of spin.

Old 12-06-2022, 09:34 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,579,340 times
Only in a bizzarro clown world would "make America great again" be considered toxic.

Old 12-06-2022, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Oh Jeeziz, the "fact checkers" again.

I'm surprised you were brave enough to even post that. The "fact checkers" were fact-checked out of existence years ago. Zero credibility.
There's more than one. Take your pick, or would you rather believe disinformation and conspiracy theories? The truth is out there for those that want to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies