Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2022, 04:44 AM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Gays being allowed to marry. It's the end of days,
I’m going to a Christmas breakfast this morning hosted by a lesbian pastor and her wife. I’ll ask them for their opinion on this. Ought to make a great breakfast discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2022, 02:04 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,860,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Yes. So is corruption and avarice among the rich and powerful. Government has never been more corrupt. Corporations have never been as brazenly greedy, squeezing every last drop of money out of consumers while cutting workers to the quick.

It is not a one size fits all. It tears apart the fabric of society on many levels.

Come on man!! You sound very cynical.

I offer that mankind has been much much more brutal to each other in past history than today. As stated earlier - today's brutality is mean tweets, the horror!!!

As far as "greedy companies" are concerned" - what is your definition of "greed"? In my experience, it's very hard to get super rich running a company trying to sell to customers and keep employees satisfied. Believe me, I have tried. Maybe I am just not very good at it

If greed was rampant, we would not be seeing the silly movements toward ESG - which is a solution looking for a problem. Why woke company leaders allow this scam to be foisted upon them is beyond me.

Today's problems are milk toast compared to history of man.

Old 12-10-2022, 02:48 PM

885 posts, read 625,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Nope. 1986 was the peak of Western civilization. It was hard picking this year as the Berlin Wall wouldn't fall for another three years, but I think it's correct. The downhill slide started about then.
As far as the US is concerned, one of its major world problems began in the previous year, 1985.

In 1985, the US became a debtor nation, and its trade deficit has been growing for the decades ever since. This was the first time that the US became a net debtor since World War I. The US leapfrogged Brazil and Mexico to achieve that status.

This situation occurred because spending by US residents exceeded domestic production of goods and services.

It's ironic that this took place during the first year of Reagan's second term as president.

Old 12-10-2022, 03:20 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,400,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I’m going to a Christmas breakfast this morning hosted by a lesbian pastor and her wife. I’ll ask them for their opinion on this. Ought to make a great breakfast discussion.
I am a gay
Edson that was married by a. Christian pastor. Please adjust your sarcasm meter..

Old 12-10-2022, 03:50 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,153,047 times
Quote:
There are nearly 1,000,000 abortions per year on average (and that's just ones reported!)1 in 4 women have had an abortion
Only 1.5% of abortions are due to rape and incest
In 2015, approximately 35% of all pregnancies in New York City ended in abortion (CDC)
For African American women in NYC, more abortions happen than babies born
https://firstchoiceprc.com/pro-life-movement

It's not so great for the very young.

Old 12-10-2022, 03:58 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
I firmly believe we are living in the best of times for human beings in the western world.

When the major issues of the day are (for most part):
1 "hate speech,"
2. Social Justice - whatever that means.
3. Is planet going to get too hot or cold or wet or dry or whatever?

Life must be pretty damn good.
And how do the leftists come out with such a list?

Easy: By ignoring hundreds of thousands of Americans dying from Fentanyl in the U.S., millions of illegal aliens walking across the border every year in defiance of U.S. law, foreign nations laughing and ridiculing us while ignoring what we'd like, inflation making our own money more and more useless while prices rise all over the country and shortages mount, murderers, thieves, arsonists, and rapists running riot through our cities for years, criminals being released from jail with little or no bail to attack our citizens even more, etc.

Sure, if you can train yourself to ignore these things like the people who have been running the country for the last few years do so easily, and if your sycophants in the media also remember to not print or broadcast them, then of course it looks like there's not much wrong with the country.

When our liberals have such a huge list of things they don't want to discuss or question, then of course all they can talk about is what words people use to describe things, euphemisms like "social justice" (i.e. tilting the playing field to favor their favored groups), and hoaxes like manmade global warming.

Old 12-10-2022, 03:59 PM

27,571 posts, read 28,673,621 times
People living in the poorest urban ghettos wearing gold chains, gold grills on teeth, and carrying serpent-head canes and the like.

Old 12-10-2022, 05:53 PM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
I firmly believe we are living in the best of times for human beings in the western world.

When the major issues of the day are (for most part):
1 "hate speech,"

2. Social Justice - whatever that means.

3. Is planet going to get too hot or cold or wet or dry or whatever?

Life must be pretty damn good.
Good luck with that chap. It can't get much worse. Insane food prices jane and gas prices just to get started. Nuke war anyday thanks to Kim and pooten. Worst times ever.

Old 12-11-2022, 05:11 AM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
I am a gay
Edson that was married by a. Christian pastor. Please adjust your sarcasm meter..
Sorry for the confusion. I already knew you were from a previous post. That wasn’t sarcasm. We had forty people and a great time. I wish you could have been there.

Old 12-11-2022, 09:25 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,860,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Good luck with that chap. It can't get much worse. Insane food prices jane and gas prices just to get started. Nuke war anyday thanks to Kim and pooten. Worst times ever.
Nah- Ever hear of the Depression or scarcity during war? Due to political tinkering, inflation happens. It gets fixed. World moves in cycles.

As far as the fat little N Korean or the Ruskies are concerned, always been there-always will.

I stand by my statement- in the bigger context, great times to be alive. Just learn how to filter noise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies