Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2022, 12:20 PM

1,786 posts, read 657,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
Who cares? Words change. If you're heterosexual, do you want to be referred to as gay when you're happy? If your biggest problem is that a dictionary is defining words according to common usage, idk what to tell you. Maybe find a hobby?
Words have meaning and consequences. You may not mind the attacks on womanhood and what it means to be a woman, but some of us do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2022, 12:22 PM

984 posts, read 449,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Words have meaning and consequences. You many not mind the attacks on womanhood and what it means to be a woman, but some of us do.
Right, just like heterosexuals hate the attacks on marriage when gay folks can get married.

And how white people hate the attacks on their.... whiteness when black folks are portrayed on television.

And how Christians hate the attacks on Christmas/Christianity because other religions and religious holidays dare to exist.

Nobody else's sexual orientation, skin color, religion, or yes, gender, has any bearing on me. I'm not that fragile.

Old 12-13-2022, 12:26 PM

38,759 posts, read 22,544,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Transvestite is a man who likes to wear woman's clothes. Transwoman is a man who wants to actually Be a woman. At least that should be a closer description.

I am not even trying to go that deep tho. lol.

I am trying question why a Transwoman would need to appropriate the word 'Woman'.
To destroy our culture and traditions,making it so the masses cannot agree on anything. We seem to be engaging in ideological wars with each other. We are getting to the point where we cannot even have simple, basic discussions anymore, because the left are altering common language definitions so much so, that even the most simplest of words and phrase mean completely different things to the people trying to engage in the debate.

When the people are so divided, and we cannot even hold a rational discussion with the left, the tyrants can slowly take over our government, and finish the transition to their false Utopia.

Old 12-13-2022, 12:29 PM

7,656 posts, read 3,750,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonMB View Post
Right, just like heterosexuals hate the attacks on marriage when gay folks can get married.

And how white people hate the attacks on their.... whiteness when black folks are portrayed on television.

And how Christians hate the attacks on Christmas/Christianity because other religions and religious holidays dare to exist.

Nobody else's sexual orientation, skin color, religion, or yes, gender, has any bearing on me. I'm not that fragile.
looking past the generalization and stereotyping blabber, it’s a matter of language. what is language? language has to be understood by a large number of people to be an effective method of communication. making up words and disguising them as pronouns…changing words such as latinx, womxn, ze/zir, and trying to force change what long standing definitions were and trying to criminalize those who didn’t know or refuse to comply is where it stops being about the meek and unaccepted, and transfers to the aggressive and litigious.

Old 12-13-2022, 12:39 PM

33,577 posts, read 12,794,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
According to the Woke Mob, women don't exist and is impossible to define. That's why men participate in women's sports and why men shower in women's locker rooms.

Therefore, we should end the 19th amendment Once And For All!! It's not inclusive enough!

Am I right Lefties? Is that what you really want for this country??

19th Amendment text:

National Archives explanation:

https://www.archives.gov/milestone-d...19th-amendment

So if a Supreme Court Justice under oath and questioned before Congress can't define what a woman is, does this put in jeopardy all women's rights moving forward?

Real question.
She wasn’t a justice questioned under oath before Congress.

She was a nominee questioned under oath before Congress (who later became a Justice).

Old 12-13-2022, 12:41 PM

19,118 posts, read 12,845,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
She wasn’t a justice questioned under oath before Congress.

She was a nominee questioned under oath before Congress (who later became a Justice).
Your answer is play word games? Just like SCOTUS nominee Jackson did?

I doubt she abandoned her extremist gender ideology when she was sworn in

Old 12-13-2022, 12:43 PM

27,836 posts, read 28,969,089 times
I don't care what any dictionary says. Someone born a male remains a male throughout the entirety of his life. That is scientific fact.

It doesn't matter if he decides to chop off his penis or whatever at some point.

Old 12-13-2022, 12:46 PM

19,118 posts, read 12,845,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don't care what any dictionary says. Someone born a male remains a male throughout the entirety of his life. That is scientific fact.

It doesn't matter if he decides to chop off his penis or whatever at some point.
Yep, chromosomes stay the same as well as legacy body development due to sex-specific physiology

Old 12-13-2022, 12:53 PM

33,577 posts, read 12,794,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Your answer is play word games? Just like SCOTUS nominee Jackson did?

I doubt she abandoned her extremist gender ideology when she was sworn in
Correctly dissecting what was actually written, and then pointing that out, isn’t ‘playing word games’.

Old 12-13-2022, 12:57 PM

4,369 posts, read 2,281,807 times
“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” George Orwell's 1984

This is what those of us not infected with the woke mind virus are resisting.

Those who approve are guilty of complacency and complicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies