Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2022, 09:47 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Not really sure what you’re talking about here. I’m not one who thinks global warming is a threat. Do you deny there are things in the American modern lifestyle that are harmful over the long term? You’re the math guy, right? Maybe you can tell me what I should or should not be worried about statistically.
Because you missed it, the thread is about mass culling of global and US population and various other sinister conspiracies to eradicate billions of people.

If you want to try to oppose my mockery of that by sleight of hand trying to insert things like heart disease or cancer etc. then that's dishonest.

So, do you agree that the new spending bill is designed to eradicate large chunks of the human population?

I'm more inclined to think that there are some Americans out there that are old and dealing with dementia and other afflictions that cause their brains to seize onto fantastic fear mongering conspiracies which is why they're also ripe for being taken in by phone scams as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2022, 11:30 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Because you missed it, the thread is about mass culling of global and US population and various other sinister conspiracies to eradicate billions of people.

If you want to try to oppose my mockery of that by sleight of hand trying to insert things like heart disease or cancer etc. then that's dishonest.

So, do you agree that the new spending bill is designed to eradicate large chunks of the human population?

I'm more inclined to think that there are some Americans out there that are old and dealing with dementia and other afflictions that cause their brains to seize onto fantastic fear mongering conspiracies which is why they're also ripe for being taken in by phone scams as well.
I’m not talking about that at all. I’m saying our way of life is full of chemicals that cause health problems. Yes, it’s a mass culling but it takes time.

I have no idea about the bill bc it’s a snippet of something I don’t have context for. If this is the whole thing, I have no idea what it means but I can’t imagine it’s a good thing.

Any conspiracy theories I believe are based on my own extensive research and my opinions do change over time as I learn more. Bottom line is that the govt cannot be trusted, so I don’t put much past them. Things like Agenda 21 that have been in effect for a long time that people refuse to believe - the evidence IS there.

Old 12-22-2022, 11:41 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
When I was born, the world population was about 2 Billion. It is now close to 8 Billion. That is way too many people for this earth to sustain.

https://www.worldometers.info/world-...ble-historical

Old 12-22-2022, 01:17 PM

29,808 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
When I was born, the world population was about 2 Billion. It is now close to 8 Billion. That is way too many people for this earth to sustain.

https://www.worldometers.info/world-...ble-historical

That is false. 8 billion people is sustainable based on the fact that we are all here and being sustained. See how that works when you cut through the feels and I thinks and just work with facts and reality?

At any rate, I fully support Elon Musk in his efforts to get people off plant Earth and out into space exploring and eventually colonizing new worlds. Hopefully, you are on board with his mission as well, seeing as how you think the world is presently too crowded.

Old 12-22-2022, 01:28 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
That is false. 8 billion people is sustainable based on the fact that we are all here and being sustained. See how that works when you cut through the feels and I thinks and just work with facts and reality?

At any rate, I fully support Elon Musk in his efforts to get man off plant Earth and out into space exploring and eventually colonizing new worlds. Hopefully, you are on board with his mission as well, seeing as how you think the world is presently too crowded.
Having watched the moon landing on TV in 1969, I fully expected us to have a base on the moon and Mars by now. I applaud the rich guys who are finally getting us back on track to find another home planet to expand to.

As to sustaining the 8 billion people, much of the "success" of that is due to factory farming and artificial fertilizers. The fertilizers are harmful to our water supply and fish, and factory farming has reduced the variety of foods being grown. If there is only one kind if corn, for example, and some blight or disease wipes it out, there are no other varieties of corn left to plant.

No, we are not doing a very good job of sustaining 8 billion people. If we want the earth to continue to support us, we have to do better. I think the overall reduction in birthrates will help mankind get back to a more sustainable population level.

Old 12-22-2022, 01:33 PM

29,808 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Having watched the moon landing on TV in 1969, I fully expected us to have a base on the moon and Mars by now. I applaud the rich guys who are finally getting us back on track to find another home planet to expand to.

As to sustaining the 8 billion people, much of the "success" of that is due to factory farming and artificial fertilizers. The fertilizers are harmful to our water supply and fish, and factory farming has reduced the variety of foods being grown. If there is only one kind if corn, for example, and some blight or disease wipes it out, there are no other varieties of corn left to plant.

No, we are not doing a very good job of sustaining 8 billion people. If we want the earth to continue to support us, we have to do better. I think the overall reduction in birthrates will help mankind get back to a more sustainable population level.

You've mentioned many pitfalls and disadvantages while ignoring the fact that yes, 8 billion people are being sustained. At no point in time were things ever perfect. We are continuously improving and will continue to do so. People are not starving en mass as was the case at other time periods in human history. I think we are doing quite alright, all things considered and I am quite thankful for that.

Old 12-22-2022, 01:39 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Pork in this Bill is ridiculous. Why should we be paying for a wax museum of famous Black people? Why should we be paying for gay and Trans studies etc etc... These sound like local issues?

Speaking of ridiculous spending, they tell us we need 2 new bridges and thanks to inflation the cost is now $3 BILLION and no one knows where the money is going to come from BUT our Elected Elites are cheering to give $43 BILLION to Ukraine.

As for engineering and steering the population. It is odd how the Dems demand Abortion on demand yet they are welcoming in Millions of Illegal Aliens? They tell us that we need to reduce our carbon footprint to save the planet and the best way to do that is to have fewer people living and breathing BUT they are welcoming in Millions of Illegal Aliens that will eventually become terrific polluters.

None of it makes any sense.
Behind each and every earmark is a corrupt money laundering process. Whereby Senator Smith inserts pork into a bill which gets passed. In return for this, people with money agree to repay the favor by either donating / supporting the future campaigns of Senator Smith, or promises a job, money and support to Smith's family, friends, political partners, corporate and special interest groups.

Both repubs and dems do this, but looking at which Party overwhelmingly votes to pass these pork barrel spending bills, the dems are the most corrupt of the two parties.

Old 12-22-2022, 01:48 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I’m not talking about that at all. I’m saying our way of life is full of chemicals that cause health problems. Yes, it’s a mass culling but it takes time.

I have no idea about the bill bc it’s a snippet of something I don’t have context for. If this is the whole thing, I have no idea what it means but I can’t imagine it’s a good thing.

Any conspiracy theories I believe are based on my own extensive research and my opinions do change over time as I learn more. Bottom line is that the govt cannot be trusted, so I don’t put much past them. Things like Agenda 21 that have been in effect for a long time that people refuse to believe - the evidence IS there.
World population has gone up by 2.5billion since Agenda 21 began in 1992.

That's about right for the UN though if they were actually trying to reduce world population. Their track record of empty proclamations and all-around inept buffoonery is well established.

But to easily frightened types around the US, they're constantly about to invade us and wipe us out.

Still laughing about the folks that believed all the Jade Helm stuff...it's a UN invasion. Quick, sell us some gold and freeze dried food Alex Jones! Bwah hah hah hah...

Old 12-22-2022, 01:56 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
World population has gone up by 2.5billion since Agenda 21 began in 1992.

That's about right for the UN though if they were actually trying to reduce world population. Their track record of empty proclamations and all-around inept buffoonery is well established.

But to easily frightened types around the US, they're constantly about to invade us and wipe us out.

Still laughing about the folks that believed all the Jade Helm stuff...it's a UN invasion. Quick, sell us some gold and freeze dried food Alex Jones! Bwah hah hah hah...
The birth rates are falling:

Old 12-22-2022, 02:10 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:

You asked me if I ever go to big cities. Can we reverse that now? Do you not know anybody with some acreage? Do you garden? I’m placing my seed order for spring and have three or four varieties of corn and that’s on top of seed I saved last season and the bulk order I already got for next year. I am buying eggs for the first time in a year since my hens are down to like three eggs a day due to our short days right now, and I’m only buying for Christmas baking I promised my kids. Otherwise we would just make due. My rooster culls go as stew birds and we are getting rabbits next year, and turkeys after that if I can get housing built for them. We would love a cow but don’t have the means to bring in hay, but a friend just tipped us off to doing a lease deal with someone who already has cows they’re pasturing. We would basically just need to pay the butcher and voila, meat for a year for a family of 8. We are considering some ducks to help fertilize fruit trees, but the trees are pretty expensive so that keeps getting put off, so obviously the ducks, too. I wouldn’t want to have them for meat as the feathers are hard to remove and I’m not a fan of the taste of ducks eggs, so we would just have them for their poop. We have gotten fish and venison from a neighbor and we have other neighbors we want to trade with once we’re more established. Having a barter community will be key if the ship is really going down….

You’re right that factory farming has ruined a lot about our way of life, our environment, etc. But rest assured that there are MANY people like me. Even in cities, you would be surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies