Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 08:39 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,216,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
No one is talking about culling anyone. There are areas of the world where a lack of family planning, mainly contraception, means population is growing quickly and is causing a loss of biodiversity and conversion of land to living space. That means loss of resources that people need to live. If family planning is made available, population growth will slow, and lives will be improved.
Fair enough, but how does what the US does in our government spending bill have a significant impact on "areas of the world?"

One can say we send money to those other areas, but I highly doubt the people who need the money see any of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2022, 08:39 AM

25,857 posts, read 12,890,963 times
[quote=Cape Cod Todd;64625750]

As for engineering and steering the population. It is odd how the Dems demand Abortion on demand yet they are welcoming in Millions of Illegal Aliens? They tell us that we need to reduce our carbon footprint to save the planet and the best way to do that is to have fewer people living and breathing BUT they are welcoming in Millions of Illegal Aliens that will eventually become terrific polluters.

Abortion disproportionately impacts the African-American community, and most illegals are Latino's, so DC is chosing Latino lives over African-American lives....racist much?

Covid adversely impacted 60+ year olds, more than younger people, so DC is chosing young taxpayers over retirees...I now believe C-19 was a purposeful attack on Seniors.

We are witnessing the beginnings of social engineering through population control.

Now, does it make sense? It makes perfect sense to me.

Old 12-21-2022, 08:40 AM

78,535 posts, read 60,718,007 times
I've been hearing conspiracy types going on about "culling humanity" for decades and decades now.

UN invasions, HIV is going to wipe out the population, Fluoride is sterilizing people...meanwhile 4bil...5bil...6bil....7bil....

Go huddle under your blanket with a flashlight and read your worn copy of the Population Bomb.

Old 12-21-2022, 08:44 AM

25,857 posts, read 12,890,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I'm surprised FOX news is willing to talk about this. Good to see. Government is supposed to be working for the people. That doesn't mean social engineering projects and eugenics. We've already seen the horrors that leads to almost 100 years ago. People are no smarter or wiser today. Certainly not the dull specimens that are typically attracted to government. They would destroy the human species if they ever were allowed to try to play God.
I think they are already playing God. The language in this bill convinces me that Covid was a purposeful attack on Seniors who are no longer producers, & are hoarding wealth. What better way to eliminate retired takers who suck up social security funds, & redistribute their stored wealth?

Why let them lives out their non-repductive lives paying less in taxes, and harming the environment?

Old 12-21-2022, 08:51 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,119,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I've been hearing conspiracy types going on about "culling humanity" for decades and decades now.

UN invasions, HIV is going to wipe out the population, Fluoride is sterilizing people...meanwhile 4bil...5bil...6bil....7bil....

Go huddle under your blanket with a flashlight and read your worn copy of the Population Bomb.
A variety of things could and are impacting us whether we recognize it or not. Most of these things are insidious and not immediate so there is no way to connect the dots, at least for the average American who doesn’t use his thinking cap very often.

Old 12-21-2022, 08:54 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,870,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Maybe not everybody wants to be “middle class” or whatever. They don’t have much to compare their way of life to, either. Some people are okay with hard work and providing for themselves rather than making money for material things in life. That’s the way it used to be here. Technology has screwed that up and given rise to a much stronger grass-is-greener mentality in first world nations.

Global middle class- the four room house or apartment with a flush toilet and reliable enough power for a place to charge one’s smartphone (which is very important to have in locations where land line telephone and traditional banking services are only for the richest of the rich- mobile banking on one’s phone in Kenya of all places was there long before the rich world was paying with their smartphone) a television set and the great middle class marker- the refrigerator.

The Economist had an article a while back about how in much of the developing world, the fridge is a big sign you’ve made it in life because then the woman of the household, and 99% of the time it’s the woman, no longer has to spend hours every day sourcing and then immediately cooking meals- she can now buy meat and milk and other perishables on a weekly basis and has so much more time to spend on other things in life whether it’s going out for a coffee or tea with friends or reading with her child/children and helping them with schoolwork.

Old 12-21-2022, 09:05 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,970,806 times
Quote:
Except that people are responsible for their own reproduction. Population growth has slowed in first world countries, I’m not sure the stats on lesser developed nations. But at the end of the day, it remains a choice. I don’t honestly know how anybody can say fewer people in future generations will be a positive thing, for a variety of reasons.

Maybe the folks in suburbia are really the ones to blame, these people generally have 0-3 children, usually just 1-2, which still puts us at less than replacement rate. It makes the least sense out of any development model except for the developer. Here I have about 4.5 acres and so does everyone else in my neighborhood. There is less habitat loss and impact to the earth and many people in my area are cognizant of being good stewards in their use of the land. It’s a manageable chunk that doesn’t get overwhelming unless you make it so. The other model that makes sense from your point of view would be building high rises to limit the footprint of residences. That leads to a lot of other issues but we’re just talking from one point of view right now. Suburban neighborhoods have a house, driveway, pool, etc. taking up a lot of land space per lot (say, an eighth to quarter of an acre like many suburban parcels). The rest is grass to mow and maybe some trees depending how old the neighborhood is. Who is being the best steward of the land here?
If I recall, you live in a rural area. When was the last time you went to or near a large city? Are you aware of the crowding and traffic that goes on all day, not just at rush hour? Have you ever been to the northeast megalopolis from Boston to Washington DC?

We are way over populated. That is hurting the planet. Less people would help the earth heal, in addition to helping parents raise good kids when they can put their time and resources towards 2 or 3 kids rather than the chaos of the large families of the past.

Old 12-21-2022, 09:07 AM

78,535 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
A variety of things could and are impacting us whether we recognize it or not. Most of these things are insidious and not immediate so there is no way to connect the dots, at least for the average American who doesn’t use his thinking cap very often.
You should consider bumping all those threads about mass starvation, canabalism and empty grocery stores that's supposed to be occurring this Winter.

You know, share all that big-brain thinking cap wisdom with the masses and what not.

P.S. Is this a global warming is going to kill us all thread? Sure sounds like one.

Old 12-21-2022, 09:09 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,390,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
This makes covid look purposeful to me, & brings Eugenics into clearer view...i.e. abortion.

Radical extremist Liberals are now wanting to control populations based upon biodiversity.

Who will decide who lives & who dies, or never get the chance to live?

Liberals are coming out of the closet with their social engineering agenda, & its beyond scary

I'm glad somebody is reading these massive bills before signing them, to expose the extreme left.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rep-bi...s-biodiversity
This is likely the only provision in the bill that I can support.

Old 12-21-2022, 09:09 AM

15,102 posts, read 8,655,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
What makes the least sense is McConnell not trusting a Republican House to get a better deal next month.
As I have said many times, when the story makes no sense, it’s only because you don’t know the “whole” story. Once you do, the story then makes perfect sense.

The bottom line here is that you have the “establishment” politicians who make up the vast majority, irrespective of the D or R behind their names. Their two main roles are to convince you, the voting public, that you have some control and say so over what they do, through voting. Their second but primary role is to rubber stamp whatever legislation is laid before them …. and they take turns supporting this bill, and opposing that bill, in a big dog and pony show designed to create that illusion of opposition. But it’s just an illusion.

The biggest issue is that none of them actually know what’s in these bills they vote on! You have 4,000 page documents that represent one piece of legislation, but stacks of volumes of the size of an encyclopedia representing an Omni bus budget bill package that none of them actually read. So, that’s how the “devil” can hide in the details.

In blunt terms, the legislative process of Congress is a complete and total farce. So many scarf at the notion of a “shadow government”, yet there is the evidence of it right here. Who produces these massive pieces of legislation? Certainly not these Congress Critters …. they don’t even have time to read the crap, let alone create it, debate it, write it, and then vote on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies