Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2023, 11:10 AM

18,474 posts, read 7,131,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
You don't "solve" climate change. You recognize it and address it. So far, Republicans are incapable of doing either.

How convenient.

And I suppose that the primary means of "addressing" it always seems to involve another tax on the American public but never seems to involve politicians and celebrities giving up their huge home, big cars and private jets is just a coincidence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2023, 11:36 AM

18,474 posts, read 7,131,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
The solutions are obvious. I can't imagine anyone with even only moderate intelligence not having grasped them yet.

For starters
Stop: overpopulating, pollution, over consumption, over emitting greenhouse gasses, war, ignorance, greed, hate, etc.

Start: global cooperation for the benefit of all mankind ( you know ... the entire human species) especially as concerns the earth environment which is the only one we have and rely upon entirely. You too are included in that we.

Ok..

Let us know when you decide to live in a cave and BTW, do tell us how you plan on talking China, India and other countries to go along with all those lovely platitudes.

America has greatly reduced it's pollution and emissions over the last few decades.

Don't you think it's time to concentrate your efforts on the rest of the world instead of putting more and more of the burden on the backs of Americans?

Old 01-01-2023, 12:34 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,093,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
OP Do liberals actually think Democrats will solve Climate Change?

Most analysts view The Inflation Reduction Act’s $370 billion investment in clean energy, a tipping point toward moving beyond fossil fuels. Thank you, Biden administration and Democratic leaders. Always best to be part of working toward solutions than being part of the problems.
Fixed it for you....

Most journalists, that have NEVER taken a class in economics or the sciences, view the Inflation Reduction Act's 370 billion investment in clean energy, a tipping point......

As I said before, solving the problem for the Democrats is a way to funnel money to their large corporate campaign contributors. THEY do NOT BELIEVE in Climate change. See my previous post in this thread on how reduce CO2 emissions tomorrow and then tell me why the Democrats oppose those simple steps. HINT...no money in it for the campaign contributors.

"We have the best government money can buy".

I have owned a "off-grid" solar house for OVER 25 years now. I use MORE fossil fuels and create more CO2 emissions than at my in-town house. Which is totally CO2 free.

The worst part is that I have been waiting for the "tipping" point for all those 25 years. It ain't happening.

The only people that are fans of solar and wind are people that do NOT own a solar or wind powered home.

Solar is great for the ISS, and isolated cabins. I even use it to power my trolling motor on my boat. It doesn't work for a modern society.

Give a try....take your electric bill and reduced your electricity consumption to 10% of current usage.

Live on that for a bit. That is the difference between my electrical consumption at my off-grid home and my city home. In my off-grid home.....the fridge runs on propane. To expensive to have a fridge that runs on solar panels.

Old 01-01-2023, 01:12 PM

592 posts, read 227,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Just buy a Tesla, put up some solar panels, and don't question the new world order.
They can no longer buy a Tesla because Musk Man Bad.

Old 01-01-2023, 01:28 PM

592 posts, read 227,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Being Vegan is a fad that will disappear.
It wont disappear anytime soon as its turned into a religion for those who honestly believe they are helping the environment or at least want to show their amazing amounts of virtue. Their plant based diets rape the earth by farming, clear cutting land, pesticides, eviction of wildlife and agricultural runoff polluting our waters. But hey, if we have a few less cows farting we can save the world.

Old 01-01-2023, 03:21 PM

5,990 posts, read 2,805,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Being Vegan is a fad that will disappear.
Vegans are generally extremely unhealthy. I remember not too long ago that people would boast that they're a vegetarian...today, of course, that has to be one upped, to vegan.

There's a healthy balance in life and that includes food and your diet.

Old 01-01-2023, 03:59 PM

5,089 posts, read 2,299,441 times
We’re all going to starve to death due to overuse of pesticides, commercial agriculture, depletion of soil and aquifers, etc long before any climate warming affects us. Crazy thing is… those are actually problems we stand a chance of solving, but there’s no money in the solving.

Last edited by swilliamsny; 01-01-2023 at 04:13 PM..

Old 01-01-2023, 07:56 PM

11,919 posts, read 6,243,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
In the Climate Change religion, results don't have to be shown, as long as you accept the narratives and let their clergy tell you not to burn fossil fuels so that they can use them all to fly about the planet on their private jets, drive 50 high performance gas guzzlers, and live in multiple mansions around the globe.
Beyond that, all predictions are sufficiently far in the future, they expect us to forget their inaccurate predicitons. This is why we continue to bring up their inaccurate 1970s predictions of a coming ice age. I don't ever want anybody to forget how completely and totally wrong they are.

But the key to their power is making predicitons that nobody alive today is expected to ever see, unless you are like Greta Thunberg truly think we have only 8 years before the earth is extinguished.

Old 01-01-2023, 11:01 PM

18,529 posts, read 9,216,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Well in California they didn't "ban" Plastic Bags. They just charge you $0.10 per bag and call them reusable.

Of course if I want a paper bag I get charged the same $0.10...

If I want a Straw I need to ask for one because they apparently need to be treated like some biohazard that restaurants are forced to keep behind lock and key because I *gasp* may take 2 straws and destroy the environment.
I envy the people of California. At least they don’t have to bring their own bags to the grocery store.

Old 01-02-2023, 06:40 AM

30,747 posts, read 19,415,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Ok..

Let us know when you decide to live in a cave and BTW, do tell us how you plan on talking China, India and other countries to go along with all those lovely platitudes.

America has greatly reduced it's pollution and emissions over the last few decades.

Don't you think it's time to concentrate your efforts on the rest of the world instead of putting more and more of the burden on the backs of Americans?
Every true environmentalist needs to join the CCP and try to become influential, that's the real carbon battleground now because you are correct, the USA and the West in general are already reducing their carbon footprint. If the CCP doesn't take you, India would be your second choice to battle the growth in carbon emissions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies